Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stagger Chance

nekrojiji

One question ...

Why does the samllest dagger have 100% stagger chance?!

How come there is no difference between beeing cut with a puny dagger and beeing hit with a huge jet powered hammer.

Stagger chance should be inversely proportional to swing speed.

P.S. - Is there anyone at DE balancing and fixing PvP?

I say that because i am a Ceramic Dagger user, and i use it only for coptering and air dashing, i don't even try to slide attack or stun lock with it, because i know it's suicide to try it. To actually stagger someone with it, you have to be standing literally glued to the target. Like, literally.

Edited by RexSol

I say that because i am a Ceramic Dagger user, and i use it only for coptering and air dashing, i don't even try to slide attack or stun lock with it, because i know it's suicide to try it. To actually stagger someone with it, you have to be standing literally glued to the target. Like, literally.

I am not denying that. 

All I am saying that it is rather funny to notice that a small dagger could produce just as much force as a hammer. 

balance wise, i feel that part is balanced since it's actually not practical to try to stunlock someone with the daggers short range. using a hammer or literally anything else is way easier to stunlock someone.

lore wise, well i suppose you could say that dagger poked a funny bone or some vital pressure spots to produce a stagger, like in those animes or kung fu flicks.

anyway, try doing that in practice and yull get wreked anyway.

Edited by (PS4)Alphapsykongaroo

• 2 weeks later...

In Medival times, Warhammers had a flat side and a thorn. With the flat side you were able to dent the opponents armor and take him the breath or immobilize him or both and with a high chance you brokke his bones, too.

With the thorn on the other side you were able to punch through plate mails. Moreover, the impact caused deep flesh wounds.

And downward curved thorns were used to drag the opponent to the ground with less strain.

Additionaly, you need a lot of muscle power to wield a Warhammer like the Jat Kittag. And the only Frame with a lot of muscle power is obviously Rhino.

Well, horse riders used 1-handed maces but... yeah we still can not ride MOAs, which is why 1-handed maces are out of the question.

In my opinion there is no real chance to stagger. If you were not dead, you would lay on the ground (ragdoll)

And daggers are just too weak compared to other weapon classes. As above mentioned, short range and low damage.

Weapons with chance to stagger is great. Higher stagger chance for big hard hitting weapons with lower attack speed. Less stagger chance for smaller and faster weapons. I would suggest adding innate procs for stuff like daggers that is exclusive to them.