Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Reward Logic In Syndicates - Resources And Credits Instead Of Reputation

Sifu

I havent seen any threads about this, but its a major problem for me and possibly some other players, that just cant waste so much time for grind.

I`m ok with reputation farm for Syndicates, I`m ok that It`ll take about 1 month of somehow dedicated grinding to hit maximum reputaion for 1 faction, so about 8 months for all Syndicates (really thats alot of time, many people drop games after 2-3 months)

But I strongly disagee that we should buy items for reputation. Thats just ridiculous. Let us buy this mods and stuff for resources and credits, like Clan Tech. That would be so much more logical.

That alone and very unbalanced Archwing just killed Warframe for me, lost any interest. There should be a limit for grind and you guys just passed it.

Your thoughts people?

In brutal honesty, my thoughts are that you are simply whining. Really, you say this has "killed the game for you" when it's affected no previous content in the game. Syndicates add a long term goal that you can either actively work towards, which unless you are grind-proof leads to burnout and then people get salty as ruk. Or, gain passively by achieving your OTHER goals in the game, or otherwise called just playing it. Archwing is a totally new totally SEPARATE mode, and we all should have known well right after the reveal it wasn't going to be perfected the same patch it came out. Compared to the grind for stance mods of U13, this is nothing. This is isn't grind it's incentive to play. 

In brutal honesty, my thoughts are that you are simply whining. Really, you say this has "killed the game for you" when it's affected no previous content in the game. Syndicates add a long term goal that you can either actively work towards, which unless you are grind-proof leads to burnout and then people get salty as ruk. Or, gain passively by achieving your OTHER goals in the game, or otherwise called just playing it. Archwing is a totally new totally SEPARATE mode, and we all should have known well right after the reveal it wasn't going to be perfected the same patch it came out. Compared to the grind for stance mods of U13, this is nothing. This is isn't grind it's incentive to play. 

You`re just wrong. I`m not against Rep in total, I just dont want to spent 20k+ rep for a single item. I want to play for fun, not to grind my @$$ off for things that are slightly or even not affect gameplay at all. Sigils just totally not worth their price, you wont argue with that, would you?

Archwing is ok, but it needs balancing bad. My main "whine" is about too much grind for Syndicates. Endgame = endless grind? Isnt it what we had before and all the time?

Edited by Vicious_D

You`re just wrong. I`m not against Rep in total, I just dont want to spent 20k+ rep for a single item. I want to play for fun, not to grind my @$$ off for things that are slightly or even not affect gameplay at all. Sigils just totally not worth their price, you wont argue with that, would you?

Archwing is ok, but it needs balancing bad. My main "whine" is about too much grind for Syndicates. Endgame = endless grind? Isnt it what we had before and all the time?

Personally, I wouldn't say the rep cost is too high. I would say the rep gain is too low, but that's a different issue. Sigils, well I love cosmetics, so gimmie all of them. cost null. But no, they should leave the costs exactly as they are. If anything they should tweak the gain formula a bit, a standard ext seems to be roughly anywhere from 20-40 rep, That should really go up, but look at this from a long term perspective. Sigils are getting changed to affect some amount of gain, but they are an optional rep dump in the first place, DE has made sweeping claims that more augments are coming and if tone is anything to take out of it, they are gonna be game changers. The reward should be justified with the cost and while I wouldn't complain if I could get my pacifying bolts at 30k instead of say 200, I'd much rather the cost be high now and it feel like I've got to weigh my decisions, instead of listening to the infestation storm later when they need to increase the costs because things are too good for what their price is.

I wouldn't eliminate rep costs entirely but in another thread someone was saying it's a bit illogical for a symbol to further promote a cause costing you soo much rep when you already had to prove yourself before you can even get it. I wouldn't be against non-rep costs in the syndicate shops but I would go with mixed costs combining some rep with materials and/or credits, with some things like sigils perhaps being more material/credit based while others would be primarily rep based but still have some split costs.

Also I agree above that the problem more lies in our lack of ways to gain rep as opposed to the actual values we need. There's a pretty good discussion over here about expanding activities that award rep https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/340692-refining-the-syndicate-system/

well according to the devs it's more like a rating for favors owed, where you call in the favors for the work you've done to gain access to resources the syndicate has. The problem is the current system doesn't really communicate this and doesn't really feel that way with how it works currently either.

Given the system for getting rep, I agree.

One solution could be reduce rep costs for levelling and items by about a factor of ten, and reduce rep GAIN outside syndicate missions by 10-20. So that it makes more sense that you're doing them favours and getting paid for it, rather than just sticking their sigil somewhere unobtrusive and running round with it.

Edited by SolarDwagon

Given the system for getting rep, I agree.

One solution could be reduce rep costs for levelling and items by about a factor of ten, and reduce rep GAIN outside syndicate missions by 10-20. So that it makes more sense that you're doing them favours and getting paid for it, rather than just sticking their sigil somewhere unobtrusive and running round with it.

Lol right, its so wierd, that we just represent someone, by killing the same stuff by wearing a sigil... I see the logic behind this, but Warframe just cant work by standart MMO rep gain rules. We have only 4 real ingame factions (I dont count syndicates until they are something else than a pictures in dialogue window)

Make syndicate missions worth more like 2-3 times - good idea.

Also this one should work well:

Keep new sigils trade offers in reputation points, keep access to new gear with reputation, but change GEAR sell offer to credits+materials.

That would be so much logical, I think syndicates needs materials too! :D