Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Title And Leadership Position Problems

danewgui2

So basically (so I don't have to put long rambling sentences) in our clan someone who shall not be named (was going to remove name in first place but someone got to it before me) has decided to make everyone a ruler thus destroying our clan. He is a trusted clan mate and not only been part of us for a year, but also recently has been acting like he's the "big boss." We have three rulers, and no one is higher than him, so he couldn't be kicked when our dojo, clan mate ranks, and alliance was soon destroyed. My problem is none of this but, who the hell thought multiple Leaders SHOULD BE A PART OF the system for clans. That is not a good thing, as there are no checks or balances for such an outcome. A check and balance addition would be vote-kick/ban only available to certain ranks of a clan. 

My reason for going to the forums with this is to see what the community's take on the multiple leadership position idea is after reading our clan problem.

Also I should also note we were a mountain clan with 161 people, and a few of us were kicked before the complete disarray had occurred. We had two founders who are mostly inactive in our clan, I will post their names when I get a chance.

*Edit* I should note the reason for this being general discussion as this is what the community thinks of the "multiple people with the same exact power cannot kick one of the other leaders when the other screws up and destroys everything" idea.

Edited by danewgui2
When they shall not be named, don't name them.

Our clan only has one Warlord. However we have a "council" of sorts that is made up of the Warlord and the 4 Generals, me being one of them and a couple of captains. So we all agree on an action and the Warlord and Generals take action based on what was decided. Note: Generals have all permissions but Ruler and architect. This system works out for us. While there is always the chance that the warlord could abuse their power this is not something we worry about.

HOWEVER, I do believe that the Warlord should be able to be kicked or demoted by clan vote and a new Leader appointed by clan vote. This vote is not something the current Warlord CANNOT override.

Edited by nickelshark

Clans created after U12 have a Founding Warlord, which can do precisely this.

I feel clans from before then need a better way to address problems like this.

The leaders of your clan can contact support in an attempt to boot the bad one out.

Moved to a more appropriate section.

The leaders of your clan can contact support in an attempt to boot the bad one out.

Uh....everyone is now a leader