Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Of The Day: Line Of Sight Should Be Applied Both Ways (Enemies Too)

Ishki88

ox, on 12 Nov 2014 - 7:40 PM, said:snapback.png

Small suggestion here!

Can we give the following LOS nerf to our enemies too?

Eximus can't drain your energy behind walls.

Bombards can't knock you down with their ogris if the explosion happens behind cover.

Heavies can't knock you down if they can't see you anymore.(ie:I open a door a heavy start the slam animation, I back up and effectively close the door and still get knocked down).

Venomous Eximus Aura can't hurt us behind cover.

sMCBvg3.gif

If it applies to us, then it needs to apply to them.   Or don't release it at all.

Another Post of the Day by our fellow Tenno.

Yurilica

That... Jesus H. Christ, the first change, about non-neutral points - it does NOTHING. You missed the mark completely because the most effective and safest farming method involves capping 2 points for your own team early, then letting the enemy cap two more. More enemies spawn that way, resulting in more kills than in methods that involve neutral tower nodes.

Your change will literally force players to do the more effective grind method. Way off the mark.

I'll lay it out straight for you DE: Interception spawn mechanics in general are what makes Viver possible.

The moment you kill a group of enemies is the moment they respawn. That's it. There's very little(if not any) delay and if you spawn large AoE high-range, high-damage abilities, you can keep chain-killing thousands of enemies.

Implement a global 5 second delay on enemy spawns in Interception when enemies get wiped. That's it. That's all you need to do to "disable" Viver-class farming methods.

It's not about Viver - it's about Interception as a mission type.

And for chritsake, don't kneejerk nerf the frames. You can replace them with other warframes or certain weapons and still get several thousand rep per wave. 

You also need to ask yourself: Why did Viver become popular in U15? Why hasn't anyone else used it before if it was such a good farming spot for mods and affinity?

Because of insane Syndicate rep requirements. INSANE.

Not just the raw grind for reputation, but also the RNG involved in finding the needed items and Prime parts to rank them up.

It's complete overkill.

People will find another method to hyper-farm. Then you'll have to nerf some weapons or warframes again.

If you want to "fix" Viver-class farming, eliminate the root cause - which are those exact Syndicate rep requirements. THEN and ONLY then do the nerfs you plan to do.

I sure as hell hope you have something about Syndicates in this patch, or there'll be much outrage.

Unneccsary it was in my thread

And his one comment outshines your topic.  And it's a very good point that needs to be separated by your clustered topic.

You mad though?  I'll keep adding amazing comments to this thread as I find them. :^)

Edited by Ishki88

Exactly! I have a VERY big feeling that Trinity, (again...) Mag, Nova, and Excalibur (PLEASE NOT HIM AGAIN HE JUST GOT MORE FUN AGAIN) wil get that Line Of Sight hit... What sucks is Excalibur JUST got hit with the Line Of Sight nerf ONE PATCH AGO. (Excluding the multitude of hotfixes, the only content update was U15, where Radial Blind got nerfed.) Thanks to the war between Viver, Eris. Thanks a lot to the vocal community. We 'REALLY' appreciate it.

Another quote of the Day!  This one won't sit right with everyone!  After reading todays patch notes what did we learn fellow Tenno?

Well this is what we learned!  

Moral of the this story is:

"If you find an exploit, exploit it and don't share..."

Edited by Ishki88

I'm honestly appalled at the LoS changes. Excalibur was advertised for weeks as getting a buff, only for that buff to be extremely underwhelming, and then they go and nerf Radial Javelin by making it LoS? The entire point to it's change was that it didn't hit enemies behind walls in the first place!
And now Shield Polarize is LoS too? It's MAGNETS. The fact that everything, everywhere feels it's effect instantaneously means that it doesn't emanate from Mag herself, it's just an auto-nuke of charging the air with magnetism. Shield Polarize may be overpowered against Corpus, but come on.

Eximi already have a good number of significant advantages over Tenno abilities. Giant flame ring that forces knockdown, a mobile snowglobe, radial knockdown, etc. To slap LoS over a bunch of our abilities just because DE actually spent the time to figure out how is aggravating. It's yet another example of lazy design, and over-use of a mechanic that DE just happens to get it's jollies off of that particular month [radiation damage everywhere, poison everywhere, turning Super Jump into a Smokebomb copy, making the majority of Augment powers copies of existing powers, etc].

DE needs to understand that quality of life fixes are important. They can't just nerf things [or buff things] left and right without more consideration.