Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 15.2.0

[DE]Rebecca

I got into playing this game because my roommates play it. They like shooters and stuff, but I'm not that big on them nor am I very good at them. I have poor eyesight (photosensitivity sucks lol). But seeing all the potential character building one could do and looking at how the Warframe abilities worked and what not, I decided to try it. I mean it was basically more like an action rpg that happened to also be a shooter from the looks of things. I ended up playing more often than my roommates in the end, go figure. I'm mastery rank 14, have been playing for about half a year. And yes, I have spent some money.

Now everything is getting beat down with the LOS/LOE stick. Let's face it, you want to just make this a pure shooter don't you DE? I mean, realistically it's just as easy or easier to crank up the damage on a weapon, so if everything is going LOS/LOE, might as well just pick any random 'frame since the abilities will be nigh on useless then. And great job making the game harder to play for anyone with any vision deficiency of any kind, because even if it is Line of Effect rather than Line of Sight you'd still need to do a headcount to check if dropping your ability is worthwhile. Because that's always fair and a good idea, right, screwing over people that have poor vision?  I mean, some people want the game to be a shooter and some people want the game to be more about the space magic "hit 4 to blow (^&*^)*(*&^^&$%& up" aspect anyway regardless of vision acuity, and it should be valid to play either way shouldn't it? How does it hurt someone who is "skills" oriented and interested only in weapons to have other people (who they don't even have to play with) play in a way that they find more amusing and is more "build" oriented? This was what I (and many others I have talked to about Warframe) thought made it most interesting and unique: the ability to accommodate differing playstyles, and even allow people to play with others who utilize different styles in the same match if they so chose. 

And about this Syndicate grindwall, look guys, new players won't see it as a big deal because while they are ranking up and farming and grinding other things out, they can slowly but surely get the Syndicate points too. However, players that have been around for a while are kinda getting the shaft. Plus, we can't rush around trying out all that new stuff you made to see if it works. So why not take everyone who has a Mastery Rank of 3 or higher and award them with the amount of reputation they WOULD have earned assuming syndicates had already been around. After all, you can basically just take a player's MR subtract 3 and then calculate the amount of affinity they have accrued and determine reputation points based on that. Then you just need to have a simple pop up menu where these players can allocate this retroactive reputation as they see fit. It doesn't need to be super fancy because it would be a one time thing.  And then afterward you could undo some of this LOS/LOE and awkward drop despawner nerfbatting and fix reputation gains so they are less easily exploitable, such as having each node have a value based on mission type and level. Heck, you could have non-endless types of missions be worth more Syndicate points, so then Sabotage, Exterminate, et al would have a purpose again (since everyone just wants to do Surv and Def with the occasional Interception when things get freaky as of right now).

And to those that call Viver an exploit I say this: if you were just a tiny bit more creative you could have nearly done the same thing with guns only. Ammo restores, Rhinos/Zephyrs/etc., the right weapons, and each person takes a spawn area. With enough skill you could have done it. Regardless of /how/ someone killed all those gobs of enemies, they still had to kill gobs of enemies. Just because you don't like someone else's play style doesn't mean they are exploiting anything. It would have been an exploit if people were getting extra reputation per kill by actually causing the game to behave unexpectedly. 

TL;DR - If this game (mechanistically) becomes another frickin' Battlefield/COD shooter clone just because some people can't let others have fun and play their own way, then there's no point to continuing development. Because "god and everybody" knows there is no riveting storylining here or anything else...

Also, won't all the LOS/LOE checks just eat up more resources on user computers, ya know, that whole performance reason you said you made a Module cap for...

Edited by AetherKBS

Warframe Changes:

• Enemies targeted by Nyx’s Mind Control no longer take friendly damage until the duration of the ability ends, at which point all accumulated damage to the target is applied at once.
  • Vauban’s Tesla beam from the Tesla Link Mod has received an improved visual effect to reduce visual clutter when cast multiple times and
  • Vauban’s Tesla beam from the Tesla Link Mod should now properly deal Slash damage.
  • Excalibur’s Radial Javelin and Mag’s Shield Polarize will now check for line of sight when targeting enemies.
  • Trinity’s Energy Vampire now only benefits teammates who can see or can be seen by the targeted victim (victims remember who they have seen for a short duration).

I do not agree.

What is the next step ?? Change the powers of Volt, Nova, Zephyr, Nyx, Trinity, and all Warframes ????
What is going on here? !!!!! The walls are now powerful ??? The Warframes have lost their perception, mysticism and supernatural ability to spot enemies that serve only if THEY CAN SEE ???

Come on !!! Easier than that !!!! DELETE ALL POWERS OF WARFRAMES !!!! and good work DE !!!!

Why is this happening? !!! Why some players claimed that many points are earned in VIVER ??? Why they appealed to "fight like men" with Grineer ??? Now the team DE pay attention to sexist comments, meaningless and egotistical ???

It's the same situation they did with Rhino, now resists more Loki.

What is next ?? More nerfs ??? They want a Borderlands or Battlefield or Counter Strike???

I really do not understand your logic.

I always supported the project packages / platinum from which you started the game, but now it is becoming a disaster.

I believed in his philosophy of making a different game and were a great way, but do not need nerfs to leave useless characters is IMPORTANT to you.

The nerfs to Excalibur, Mag, and Trinity were entirely uncalled for, and Viver itself isn't the problem at all, the problem is how slowly rep is gained on other missions. But if you insist on nerfing Viver, the best way to do so would be to change it's tileset from Corpus Ship to Corpus Outpost or the Ice Planet tileset, thus spreading out the capture nodes. But like I and basically everyone else have said multiple times, Viver is not and has never been the problem in any way, the problem is the absurdly low rep gain everywhere else.

A couple suggestions to boost rep gain (besides the obvious like mastery rank and sigil multipliers):

Defeating an assassin  automatically adds 2000 rep to your mission total. (I don't think this is too high since they appear so rarely.)

Additional rep for stuff like doing the most damage, getting the most kills, and having the highest accuracy per mission

EDIT: slight grammar polish and added suggestions

Edited by W1ldfir3

I've finally caught up to the end of this thread and feel it is necessary to remind everyone, AGAIN, that your posting behavior should have the principle of the Code of Conduct in mind.

It is absolutely atrocious how many warning points I was forced to issue just now.

These abusive, spam-like, and overall profanity-filled posts are in no way condoned. This has been, so far, completely unacceptable.

Frustrations about the update are noted, and understood. I am a player aswell and I am a little disheartened by the ability nerfs. 

This is no excuse to rag on the dev team, and other players.

• Mag’s Shield Polarize will now check for line of sight when targeting enemies.

I never knew that magnets could only work within a line of sight..... oh wait

(a nerf is...understandable. But this doesn't make sense within the scope of mags powers. Weakening it as it passes through walls would make a bit of sense, but not cutting it off)

Edited by cam-o-flage20

I've finally caught up to the end of this thread and feel it is necessary to remind everyone, AGAIN, that your posting behavior should have the principle of the Code of Conduct in mind.

It is absolutely atrocious how many warning points I was forced to issue just now.

These abusive, spam-like, and overall profanity-filled posts are in no way condoned. This has been, so far, been completely unacceptable.

Frustrations about the update are noted, and understood. I am a player aswell and I am a little disheartened by the ability nerfs. 

You must have your hands full today. I hope things calm down soon.

These abusive, spam-like, and overall profanity-filled posts are in no way condoned. This has been, so far, been completely unacceptable.

"It is absolutely atrocious how many warning points I was forced to issue just now."

what does that tell you and what does that tell the DE's about their choice in changes? the majority of this community is highly upset. frankly I feel an apology and a huge undo is owed to the customers.

I haven't missed a day of warframe since I picked it up in september. In these two months I've managed to unlock every warframe there is save for excalibur, which is building right now as I write this. I think today will be the first day in two months that I don't log onto warframe.

You didn't need to nerf Trinity again. She actually needed a buff badly (recast link while active...) but nope, let's kick her while she's down. This time she's not getting back up. She was my favorite frame, even with the problems.

Thanks, not.

This is no excuse to rag on the other players.

Fixes are underlined. ;)

/sarcasm

Seriously though, I agree that nothing is grounds for breaking the Code of Conduct.

Not even this atrocity known as 15.2.0

You must have your hands full today. I hope things calm down soon.

you hope things calm down? the changes where way too much for mag / excal / trin. just outright uncalled for. No, I will not calm down. I will try and remain as civil as possible but I am furious.

"It is absolutely atrocious how many warning points I was forced to issue just now."

what does that tell you and what does that tell the DE's about their choice in changes? the majority of this community is highly upset. frankly I feel an apology and a huge undo is owed to the customers.

Now now,  Devoid is just doing their job. Our criticisms should be directed at those we feel are responsible. And without Devoid, we would see less constructive criticisms here.  

I'd like to apologize if I ended up getting a bit too abusive or whatever the correct term is (I'm bad with terms). I'm just a bit disappointed with what has happened because of Viver. Viver does need a change, but nerfing frames is not the way to go. As I've said, changing the mission type or some other things such as enemy spawn and such would be good changes, but nerfing frames that were already under performing is not the way to go.

These abusive, spam-like, and overall profanity-filled posts are in no way condoned. This has been, so far, completely unacceptable.

So, we can not complain?

So, we can not complain?

Since you're just another player you didn't HAVE TO (forced) do a thing. Right?

Oh great now my post got deleted just because i posted "Who wants to fix DE's mistake". Seriuously it was just a question.

Is not just because we're ragging. It's because you guys did not need to change the Frame's abilities and other issues here. And i'm sorry for behaving this way but this is unacceptable. The changes for the Frames were not needed and were fine just the way they were. Like I said not trying to be rude here but this is just my opinon.

you hope things calm down? the changes where way too much for mag / excal / trin. just outright uncalled for. No, I will not calm down. I will try and remain as civil as possible but I am furious.

Oh I don't blame you, I meant calm down as in a solution is reached instead of a band-aid.