Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 15.2.0

[DE]Rebecca

The worst about this is that it won't really affect people who want to farm Viver, they'll just look for different frames that can do a similar job. It will however affect people who don't have many frames and who enjoyed playing the Excalibur or Mag. Hell, the people most affected are going to be newbies starting with one of those (that's 2/3 of the starter frames!) and suddenly ending up with neutered abilities. The Mag was already pretty much restricted to Shield Polarize, now it's barely even worth using it...

This could've been fixed in a dozen different ways (I still say that reputation should be disconnected from affinity and instead gained in alerts in place of the credit-only alerts that nobody runs), but you chose the one that had the widest, meanest ramifications.

All these people saying "Viver is dead" is amusing, because they don't even realize that what's changing has nothing to do with what made Viver good--it's all the Eximii that spawn that makes it a good farm for standing. 

Additionally, it's two-way LoS. You see them or they see you. Will probably hold a similar logic to how they describe Trinity's energy vampire [at least I hope so].

At any rate... May your tears make new oceans--seriously, we need them.

Tbh Viver still seems easily exploitable. Saryns damage potential is huge, and trinity can just stand next to her. 2 pairs of this and you can easily cover the whole map, even a frost may be able to do similar due to colds advantage over shields. I've stood up for every decision youve ever made DE even if i thought it was wrong, because i knew you were thinking about things in the long run. But this, i cant stand up for this, its wrong on every level. As others have stated, totally uncalled for kneejerk reaction.

Please don't play Viver anymore... DE will nerf EVERY warframe that works on Viver farm...

Maybe one day they will delete all warframes 4 abilitie. :/

I Really disappointed with all the U15 had offer so far. Since Update I found the way of DE thinking is not on our shoes anymore. DE please put more of your hardworks to make new environment, new mission, new content. Keep nerfing, and extending the grinding is the way of developers might do, but not what players want to.

I really disappointed with so many new mods with rank 10 cost

I disappointed with the bug in archwing

I disappointed with crash you put in U15 that really shutdown my PC

I disappointed with the syndicate reputation grinding and the offering mods

So many players are voting the right thing to do, but you are away from the right side. I hope DE can listen.

Tbh Viver still seems easily exploitable. Saryns damage potential is huge, and trinity can just stand next to her. 2 pairs of this and you can easily cover the whole map, even a frost may be able to do similar due to colds advantage over shields. I've stood up for every decision youve ever made DE even if i thought it was wrong, because i knew you were thinking about things in the long run. But this, i cant stand up for this, its wrong on every level. As others have stated, totally uncalled for kneejerk reaction.

SHUSH I don't want them nerfing my beloved Saryn as well. I'm already used to DE beating the crap out of Trinity with the nerf hammer, Saryn doesn't need that kind of treatment.

Let's just hope that in the long run of this mess, every Tenno will end up with a smile rather than a frown, yes?

In time, things will inevitably calm down and this whole "viver" thing will be condemned to the history books and the ones who where there have yet another "back in my day"-story to tell newbies.

That is not to say that the way this situation is being handled is a massive overkill, and could have been just as easily solved through more thoughtful changes. The core of this very issue is more complex than Viver, and has been covered in numerous threads already.

I expected better from DE, I really did.

Players do what players do, they play the game. They develop tactics to beat said game, its... how it will always be. Blaming players for something like this is just not right, it is not their fault.

Edit: I only now realize that the quote you quoted in the first post I quoted wasn't included in my OP. My response about blaming players for this nerf was more directed to your quoted post, sorry about the confusion.

Edited by Radford_343

Why do I feel like the community is being punished for finding a way to get reputation faster?

Because they are?

The funny thing is, this entire game is built around weekly content updates. Long-standing bugs get put on the backburner so that we can have new maps, weapons, and frames at a constant rate. That's how they make their money. 

So naturally DE buries a bunch content behind a system that is supposed to unlock over a long amount of time -- possibly weeks or even months. 

Does that make sense to anyone else? 

Because they are?

The funny thing is, this entire game is built around weekly content updates. Long-standing bugs get put on the backburner so that we can have new maps, weapons, and frames at a constant rate. That's how they make their money. 

So naturally DE buries a bunch content behind a system that is supposed to unlock over a long amount of time -- possibly weeks or even months. 

Does that make sense to anyone else? 

So they put out new toys without ever releasing improved models of the previous ones? Great...

Something tells me DE is caring less and less what the community thinks. In fact, someone who said they met with the developers in person claimed that what DE was really going for was a cash-grab. :c

Edited by Altrunchen

This is so bad Shame on you ridiculous nerf, excalibur wasnt even reworked well and you just nerfed him, make him with a better slash dash to be linked with the damage of his meele weapon and give him back his radial javelin from update 15 with a better animation please.

Why spent 100 energy into a useless ability, now excalibur have a slash dash with ridicylous damage, a stupid ability called super jump, and a ult raduial javelin thas does nothing holy cra!!!!

I rarely even touch any of the frames that got nerfed today, and I think DE went WAY to far.  It looks like nothing but a kneejerk reaction by DE.  While I accept that Syndicates was supposed to be a long term thing for players to work on, DE still made it WAY to much of a grindfest.  I also think that Viver rep farming was kind of an exploit, the change DE made to the radio towers with 15.2 was more than enough, the nerfs to warframe abilities was unjustified/excessive.  More simple and reasonable changes would have been, for example, reducing Radial Javelins base range. 

The Mind Control buff we've been asking for for ages, finally.

Viver shiz needed to go, (gonna be lawling at people crying about losing their boring and abusive playstyle for weeks), but I think hitting the Warframes was a bit too much.

You only made Radial Jav not projectiles so it could hit more enemies easier, and it doesn't make sense that a magnetic polarity ability (like Shield Polarize, not like Pull) would need line of sight.

Excal, Trinity, and Mag have been the three worst-off frames for a while in terms of their entire moveset's usability.

I say we give Radial Jav increased damage to compensate, and revert the change to Shield Polarize.

I think the Trinity change might be a good thing though, as Energy Vampire can be abused for infinite-win in too many situations. Well of Life, Energy Vampire, and Link should get a buff/increased utility as compensation (and because, well.. they need a buff either way).

Although, remember to look into the intended Rep gain rates, as they could use some tweaking.

The current rates is what led to people resorting to using abusive playstyles.

It'd also be nice if we got some Syndicate quests which give much larger Rep rewards.

Edited by Flackenstien

^ it should not sink in because of the level designs and the AI mechanics....LoS is definitely not beneficial to this game

also how does it even fall into lore? i would assume that nanotechnology, void technology, or tenno technology has found a way to work around small corners and hit an enemy

I mean sink in to see the gravitas of how brutal this mechanic is.

Wow... the hurt is STRONG with this one.

Here's the thing: 

1) Excalibur's Radial Jav: LoS allows enemies who are trying to utilize cover to keep utilizing cover to their benefit. Plus c'mon, what's stopping you from turning around, looking at him and slicing him in half for his insubordination for not dying. Or shooting him with your OP weapons?

2) Mag's Shield Polarize: Guess what? It doesn't matter because enemies behind cover will still get hit by other enemies around them because EACH. ENEMY. practically turns into a MAGNETIC GRENADE.

3) Trinity's Energy Vamp: Oh no... now I have to run *up* to Trinity's target to get the benefit of the energy therefore strengthening the bond of jolly cooperation that is this game? Oooooh noo.

Also without LoS, Energy Vamp was terribly OP when you can trap someone away from you, and around the corner and still gain the benefit? Yeah no. That's kinda broken.

I think that this won't change much anyway... it sounds like people who are upset that this is taking away more dominant strategy and introducing more calculated ability placements and lessens ability spam. 
Edited by Lightwire

Yeah, the warframe nerfs are kind of stupid and poorly thought out. We'll see how viable the Warframes are now, but who's next to get LoS nerfing? Oberon, Volt, Nova? I mean, c'mon, this isn't really a fix for the underlying issue that reputation system is a grindwall. I don't mind farming for rep and keys, but changing the game to make the grindwall into a "you can't rush it, we don't care how many missions you run, you'll still have to wait for three months at least" is probably one of the silliest ways to fix a single set of missions which give large amounts of experience.

What complete and utter incompetence on the part of the devs.  This Viver play style could have been done for quite a long while now.  It wasn't because the insane requirements for syndicates didn't yet exist.  YOU ARE FIXING THE WRONG PROBLEM!  You've added "end game" content for players who have basically done everything else, but that "end game" is just more grinding.  So people try and find ways to maximize their time spent playing.  The only thing that's going to happen with these nerfs (which suck for virtually any other mission type) is that people are going to try and find the next set of abilities to break.  The fact that the devs don't seem to understand this is extremely frustrating.  Time and time again they prove they just don't get the dynamics of their own game.

What complete and utter incompetence on the part of the devs.  This Viver play style could have been done for quite a long while now.  It wasn't because the insane requirements for syndicates didn't yet exist.  YOU ARE FIXING THE WRONG PROBLEM!  You've added "end game" content for players who have basically done everything else, but that "end game" is just more grinding.  So people try and find ways to maximize their time spent playing.  The only thing that's going to happen with these nerfs (which suck for virtually any other mission type) is that people are going to try and find the next set of abilities to break.  The fact that the devs don't seem to understand this is extremely frustrating.  Time and time again they prove they just don't get the dynamics of their own game.

Do we know for sure if they even have time to play it anymore?