Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After Testing, Viver Still The Same Old Viver Except For These Changes.

Kato-san

too me the shield polarize nerf makes no sense given her abilities. i mean, she deals with magnetism, which isnt limited by line of sight, so wtf...

edit: same for energy vamp. why do you have to physically be in eye contact with the targeted enemy in order to recieve a wave of energy, its like being cold because i didnt happen to look at the sun.

Excalibur, yeah idk. im not really sure if its good or bad.

but as far as viver is concerned, i'm not really sure i care. because i didnt even know it was a grind method. i just went to sechura for all my grinds.

Edited by Deathshatter

I don't know about you guys, DE made really bad development judgements. Mag and Trinity's skills are basically useless in other modes now. We have to actually see our team mates to heal them? That blows the concept of most high level Tower survivals/defense. The whole point of T4 survivals is groups splitting to get O2, but now with the new buffs, we can't split, we have to stay in our line of sight so, the trinity and what ever frame can give heal. 

BOOOOO, DE, you got to think, was it really the frame's fault or ours? Of course, you wouldn't say it's yours, why would you. Every human being wants to deny themselves of major attention because it just makes you look bad or good, depending on the situation. 

Maybe I'm just sputtering crap, and maybe you will take it offensive, at the end of the day, it's not the frames fault, nor is it viver, It's human instinct. Every person wants power, there are no one out there that denies that. It's bullS#&$ if you do, and farming viver efficiently can give you that power very quickly. 

Rethink the Rep system, make sigils give %xp bonus, and please for the love of the stalker, do not "nerf" frames,RETHINK, your mistakes and learn on them.

Being a Judo blackbelt, I learned that the hard way, if you never learn from your mistakes, you never learn in general.

Uhh, sorry, but Trinity still can heal everyone with her ultimate. Only Energy Vampire was changed to LoS. Now, Mag's Shield Polarize  did take a big hit, she can't heal her own shields about 3/4 of the time, which sucks, and Vamp was useful at one time, now it's only good on defenses, (granting that good is defined as maximum effect on both allies an yourself).

Uhh, sorry, but Trinity still can heal everyone with her ultimate. Only Energy Vampire was changed to LoS. Now, Mag's Shield Polarize  did take a big hit, she can't heal her own shields about 3/4 of the time, which sucks, and Vamp was useful at one time, now it's only good on defenses, (granting that good is defined as maximum effect on both allies an yourself).

i was wrong about Blessing then, still be it, was it really the frames, Viver, or DE fault?

Bad development decisions can lead to viver/nerfs

i was wrong about Blessing then, still be it, was it really the frames, Viver, or DE fault?

Bad development decisions can lead to viver/nerfs

Viver is still viable, and will continue to be farmed. It wasn't necessarily Viver or DE's fault. It's part of the community, whining and complaining about the frames that worked well together on that one mission. DE listened. Now, granting that some people truly were exploiting the game mode (not capping any points at all and just preventing enemies from taking points), they didn't need to nerf those three frames, but someone (likely multiple someones) suggested it.

I for one think that DE never wanted syndicate rep to be grinded. Everyone already agrees that the higher tier rewards are of no significant importance. Look around the forums- people complaining that ability augment mods aren't worth taking a regular mod off for. Same goes for weapon augment mods.

I don't really think so. I expect such mods to be sold at inhuman prices, which would kinda say something about how important they are.

If people are giving out these mods at low prices, then okay, I might agree with you.

Viver is still viable, and will continue to be farmed. It wasn't necessarily Viver or DE's fault. It's part of the community, whining and complaining about the frames that worked well together on that one mission. DE listened. Now, granting that some people truly were exploiting the game mode (not capping any points at all and just preventing enemies from taking points), they didn't need to nerf those three frames, but someone (likely multiple someones) suggested it.

What I see is they remove the LoS thing on Mag, but keep the changes for viver, what's the point of shield pol if one of the abilities was to heal her own shield and it won't work 50% of the time.

What I see is they remove the LoS thing on Mag, but keep the changes for viver, what's the point of shield pol if one of the abilities was to heal her own shield and it won't work 50% of the time.

They should un-nerf all three frames, honestly. The Viver change shouldn't stay, at least in it's current form, as it does make other interceptions (especially high level Archwing ones) significantly more difficult with a group, and almost impossible to solo.

They should un-nerf all three frames, honestly. The Viver change shouldn't stay, at least in it's current form, as it does make other interceptions (especially high level Archwing ones) significantly more difficult with a group, and almost impossible to solo.

I think so too, what they should be focusing on is less player attention, and more inside testing. I'm pretty sure they have a QA group. Use them, and test the syndicates and end game efficiently.

Being a Judo blackbelt, I learned that the hard way, if you never learn from your mistakes, you never learn in general.

I'm going to quote a passage of the Hagakure that I was reminded of by a friend in these days.

"It's bad when one thing becomes two."

He was pretty right on spot, it fits always.

We once had been one, the Tenno, the community that made this game win the best F2P award during that vote thing.

We now are not anymore.

It's ironic to see how it was the syndicates, something about factions, that ultimately divided us. 

It's ironic to see how everything the community had accomplished so far, even without being perfect, is literally crumbling to dust.

Lets hope this time round they fix the node rather than nerf a bunch more frames. You don't nerf the main part of the game because its abusable on one specific node.

That said, they definitely need to fix the syndicate grind a bit too. I hope this was just a rushed fix to deal with the problem before it goes completely out of control (arguably already is) but even so, thats a quite bad way to handle it.

The point is the rounds advance so enemies scale faster, which means at some point you have to leave and start over, not afk for 5 hours.

Wrong, the rounds advance with the same speed as before. You cap 2, leave 2 to the opponents, if you can still spam the skills you still get tons of reputation and you just rush a little in the end.

Except they don't. People don't like grinding, grinding is boring. You must be an absolute masochist to say that grinding is fun.

But some people has nothing else to do with the game, and want something new to do. For people that doesn't get into archwing, syndicate is the only other option really.

That's why most people resort to Viver, to make the whole syndicate thing LESS GRINDY. Because they do NOT like grinding. If they were, they would just spam T4S that only gives you 1-2k rep/hour.

Nope i haven't and most certainly am not saying that grinding is fun because i'm pretty sure that's something we all agree upon- grinding really sucks. But when you say people have nothing else to do, does that mean they have to turn to syndicates, and consequently, grinding rep? Because like i said, what really in the whole list of rewards is a necessity? What is worth all the grinding? If your answer is somewhere along the lines of nothing much then i have just proved my point.

Apologize for the double post, replying on mobile and the multiquote is weird here.

I don't really think so. I expect such mods to be sold at inhuman prices, which would kinda say something about how important they are.

If people are giving out these mods at low prices, then okay, I might agree with you.

People sold them at ungodly prices only because it was so hard to get them. Not the other way around. And just because they were sold at ungodly prices didn't make them important. Ask yourself this: would you use them in serious gameplay? Will they offer a significant advantage, if at all, compared to not having them? Your answers will determine if they are important or not. Not their prices.

Nope i haven't and most certainly am not saying that grinding is fun because i'm pretty sure that's something we all agree upon- grinding really sucks. But when you say people have nothing else to do, does that mean they have to turn to syndicates, and consequently, grinding rep? Because like i said, what really in the whole list of rewards is a necessity? What is worth all the grinding? If your answer is somewhere along the lines of nothing much then i have just proved my point.

I don't agree with the whole "Grinding isn't fun" thing. Because grinding is fun to me, especially when I get to kill scores of bad dudes as I do it. I come to Warframe for the grind, and I stay for the dude-killing.