The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Have A Change Of Pace. Passives Abilities Anyone?

Damurah

Okay, lets all calm down with all this LoS and syndicate rep problems. I was thinking of a new game mechanic where each frame would have a passive ability that also affects other frames in a squad.

For e.g.

Valkyr would give a boost on squad melee or perhaps their armor?

Trinity might give a boost on squad energy regen that stacks with energy siphon.

Loki maybe boost the squads stealth and reduces enemies ability to detect you and etc.

I'm sure the community or DE is more creative than me and can probably think of better passives. So what do you guys think? With proper balancing and what not i'm sure its a good idea and think about the squad combinations you can think of. It could probably give a new way of playing warframe.

Valkyr already does that.

Bard frame anyone? :3

if the squad mate is in range of the power tho, i mean like an always passive effect regardless of where the squad mates are. the passive ability should scale with rank just like the power abilities but are not affected by mods.

Maybe make them more lore based?

Valkyr - Increased Hysteria damage vs Corpus. Additional damage boost against Alad V. (Corpus will have a slight red glow around them for Valkyr only)

Mirage - Increased melee damage when below 20% health. (You can hear her laughing when her passive is active)

Something like those?

LoS will never be a good idea because DE wanted to apply Realistic Logic in the game.

Magnetism does not require line of sight.

DE just want to make #4 useless. So people can't press #4 and things drop dead.

Which I find it hilarious, seeing as #4 supposed to be the ultimate skill. If pressing a button doesn't make things dead, I don't see what's the difference between #4 and #1.

Everything, was fine the way it was.

Including Viver and interception.

The entire problem brewed from Syndicate Standing tied directly to Affinity gain.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed maliciousness

Maybe make them more lore based?

Valkyr - Increased Hysteria damage vs Corpus. Additional damage boost against Alad V. (Corpus will have a slight red glow around them for Valkyr only)

Mirage - Increased melee damage when below 20% health. (You can hear her laughing when her passive is active)

Something like those?

That sounds cool. yeah maybe the passives can be more lore base that would make things a lot more interesting

That sounds cool. yeah maybe the passives can be more lore base that would make things a lot more interesting

Looking back at Ember and Mag's codex entries;

Ember - Increased ability damage vs Orokin

Mag - Increased Sidearm damage while near a downed teammate (maybe give them her pistol while they are down via "z"?)

Since these would be passives I don't think they should go higher than a 2-5% bonus.

I imagine the reason the frames don't have their own passives is because it would further encourage "must use" frames.  Always, there will be the risk of there being "the" frame to bring to a group because it's passive is just that good.  So while the idea is really cool, even sounding natural (like the idea of Ember being resilient to fire) aura mods are a good compromise between providing buffs to the group and not favoring any one frame any more than their four abilities and statistical differences already do.

Edited by Littleman88

I imagine the reason the frames don't have their own passives is because it would further encourage "must use" frames.  Always, there will be the risk of there being "the" frame to bring to a group because it's passive is just that good.  So while the idea is really cool, even sounding natural (like the idea of Ember being resilient to fire) aura mods are a good compromise between providing buffs to the group and not favoring any one frame any more than their four abilities and statistical differences already do.

Perhaps not making these passives OP to a point where they become the favoured warframe would be a fix to this? Maybe only a 5% increase to a certain stat. It might just be a nice add on in my opinion and i wouldnt say unnecessary