Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Would You Feel If......

(PSN)Shadow_Of_Hunhow

Bungie took Destiny, disbanded from Activision, joined forces with Digital Extremes, and combined Warframe with Destiny?

Both games are amazing, but also have things they could learn from each other. Add that with how much and how well DE communicates with their playerbase, and you've got a game that would trash the competition in a nanosecond!

But warframe is so much better than destiny it would just ruin warframe

Both have good and bad qualities, I think if they took the good of both they would have something truly amazing!

Take the openness, the raids, the maps, the enemies and bosses, and smoothness from Destiny. Mix that with the mods, pets/sentinels, frame variety, weapon variety, powers and abilities, and player/developer connection of warframe and DE.

Sprinkle in the ability to switch between third and first person, and you got the best sci-fi shooter that exists!

Nope, in my opinion i think that would be disaterous. The point of destiny (kind of) is to play alot of players in raids. Most of the time you will be more than 5+ people taking down a major boss.

I mean sure it could be a "okay" idea to have in Warframe, but the thing about warframe is: Its Space Ninjas. We have maps that..... could be awesome with a lot of players running in, wait thats a counter argument to me, hmm let me try again,

Battling the Lephantis/Next infested boss(J-3 Golem) with a lost of people could be bad! i mean sure if the boss has enough health then and you make it so you have to hit special points on the J3s' body and make you climb up to that point.... No wait does not work either.... Hmmmm okay i give up! 

It could be cool if we had the only part that we have raids

Edited by Sadroth

DE could do good things with Bungie's resources, but I'm not sure how much Warframe needs openness. The illusion of openness, maybe, but not real open-world.

Raids would be fun, to be sure, but if Destiny's unoriginal art style and awful story leaked over too much I'd leave. We could use many more big bosses, if nothing else.

But gunplay. Warframe uses unconventional weapons and blends it in with mêlée and casting. Bungie is good at gunplay, Halo multiplayer and Destiny PvP is a testament to that, but is their stuff similar in style to what Warframe wants to be? Larger PvP would be good; after a rebalance, of course, and a bit less Dark Sector taxation, maybe larger maps, we could have some crazy stuff.

You know who would be great? Irrational. Bioshock Infinite's crazy weapons in conjunction with crazier abilities, combined with maps that encourage mobility and a looting system that encourages searching, not to mention beautiful art and mind-blowing story stuff... The sort of parkouryness that is the skyhook could stand a little carryover.

Then we get Greg Bear (who wrote books that made the Halo universe interesting) or some Sci-Fi author to write the whole game story, maybe Hideo Kojima to turn the anime to 11, and we have a game close to perfect.

Or... DE should do its own thing, not copy from other studios, keep on being crazy and unique, let you have fun for a while then encourage more and more teamwork as you go. Either way would be good.

Edited by S.T.M.P.D

I would feel confused as heck. then I would wonder if bungie went broke. 

but considering this is a what if scenario and you might be wondering what I think it would do to both games I would rather it didn't happen. I don't trust bungie that much. it feels to me that they lost there way a bit when they created destiny.

and I don't think it would work if both of the company's started  merging the ideas of both games together.  ghosts or whatever your playing as in destiny wouldn't  feel right if they wall ran and the same with warframe going 1st person.

its the stuff like that,that Ithink would happen to both games and I would not enjoy it.