Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability Augment Module Slot ( Discussion )

Ethice

I've recently come to acquire two ability augment mods and can't help, but feel that they can hinder a build more than help it. Some of these mods are great augmentations to the existing abilities such as Curative Undertow for Hydroid's Undertow ability, but I think that these mods warrant their own slot.

This mod slot would be specific to the augmentation mods and would not allow for any other module type to be equipped to it, similarly to an aura slot, but with a cost rather than a gain. The slot would have a Zenurik polarity by default since the mod should cost something, but not have a cost so detrimental that it would hinder the build rather than enhance it.

this is part of it

u have to make a decission if u want to sacrifece a slot to change the ability mechanic

the only thing i miss are real stats for the augument mods

for example the loki one makes u invulnerable for some time dosnt help

id rather have a actual time or a number a stat that i can use to calcualte my build

this is part of it

u have to make a decission if u want to sacrifece a slot to change the ability mechanic

id rather have a actual time or a number a stat that i can use to calcualte my build

That's an understandable balance, but I suppose it comes down to mod / ability effectiveness.

For example; Tesla Link

Tesla and or the augment mod, Tesla Link, need a buff. The ability takes a lot of time to setup and the mechanic from what I've seen so far is underwhelming and clunky. It's a fun augment and is enjoyable to use, but setting up an array takes time. Time better spent shooting the enemies rather than building a short lived net that does a little more than slow their progress.

Edited by Ethice

this is part of it

The same was said about ability mods, now we don't have ability mods, we have more room now, but wait... don't get too happy with that extra room because there are new ability mods.

Like Weidro said, it's about making the desicion, goes the same with weapon mods.

There's a choice to be made, otherwise augments would become a must-have staple.

Well, given that there's intended to be an augument per ability, there's a choice there, and for people without forma'd frames, it's the choice of "Should i upgrade Tailwind or Turbulence?"

But then augments would become a staple, and not an option. I don't have a problem with this, honestly.

As more augment mods become available I think they would be more of another level of personalization since there would be only one slot. You're going to get meta builds regardless. Augment mods should be at least worth putting on your frame if the current build is going to be weakened because of the use of an augment mod.

this is part of it

I can understand what you are saying but at the same time you have to understand that there are mods that do not necessarily improve the frames performance.

I can understand what you are saying but at the same time you have to understand that there are mods that do not necessarily improve the frames performance.

Fair point.  Though I like the idea of a single augment slot for a frame, you are probably right.   What would an added augment slot say about existing mods like Thief's Wit, Enemy Sense, or *ahem* Intruder?  Shouldn't they become augments then?  Perhaps it is a step too far and they should all remain mods.

I am torn.

Fair point.  Though I like the idea of a single augment slot for a frame, you are probably right.   What would an added augment slot say about existing mods like Thief's Wit, Enemy Sense, or *ahem* Intruder?  Shouldn't they become augments then?  Perhaps it is a step too far and they should all remain mods.

I am torn.

Or they could just add additional module slots for utility mods like Intruder, Provoked or Handspring. Maybe something like 1 base module slot, one if your warframe is potatoed and through formas one or two more could be acquired. As it is right now, these mods are just pointless. However if you wouldn't have to sacrifice mods like Streamline or Blind Rage, people would actually use them

Edited by sarcas79

I've recently come to acquire two ability augment mods and can't help, but feel that they can hinder a build more than help it. Some of these mods are great augmentations to the existing abilities such as Curative Undertow for Hydroid's Undertow ability, but I think that these mods warrant their own slot.

This mod slot would be specific to the augmentation mods and would not allow for any other module type to be equipped to it, similarly to an aura slot, but with a cost rather than a gain. The slot would have a Zenurik polarity by default since the mod should cost something, but not have a cost so detrimental that it would hinder the build rather than enhance it.

I'm glad I found this thread in a search and I absolutely agree.

Frankly they ought to add an augment slot on the abilities screen allowing for each ability to be augmented by one mod. Per example; you get a box next to Pull you can put Greedy Pull into or [insert latest Pull augment mod here] while at the same time augment Polarize however which way you feel like with a corresponding augment.

Hopefully someone in DE realises this because I feel I don't even need to point out that it would be shortsighted not realising how gimped a warframe would be by these taking more than one slot of your eight slots. Even one can prevent a player from wanting to go further afield.

Perceive if you will what it would be like with these augments taking up four of your slots because they have those 'crazy' cool touches you just crave - BUT YOU CAN'T HAVE 'EM AND PLAY LATE GAME - because you don't have the slots. Now these augments might work for melee, primary and secondary weapons but that's simply because we currently have the room to rotate that odd mod out for them. So right now that's fine. It'd be nice to get a slot at the top or side for that so that we can only augment the weapon in one unique way making for more interesting build depth but right now FINE.

Perhaps I'm being shortsighted and don't know what is to come in terms of this 'focus' system. Either way I can't help but feel the augments for warframes are a problem that need addressing immediately before they flood the syndicates/markets etc with more of these things.

Edited by Warwickane