Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nox - Speed Based Archwing [Concept Art]

blazingcobalt

-Nox-

An Archwing capable of speeds faster than a shooting star. The high energy propulsion system performs with outstanding results.

hGYlXiz.png

cG6tR2B.png

-Abilities-

-Afterburn-

rWufSXg.png

The wing increases powers to it's thrusters and increases it's sprint speed by 10/20/30%

-Flicker-

EI5EjHO.png

The speed you are going depends on how many 'after images' you leave behind. Each image will last for 1/3/5 seconds and come out every 100m traveled and will confuse an enemy. This functions much like Saryn's Molt ability, however a max of 3 images may be out at a time.

-Star Stream-

x5WpBLq.png

The wing travels so fast it creates a 'vacuum' and stuns all enemies, pulling them inward towards the path of travel.

-Judgement-

586RUFp.png

Quickly dashing to the first closest enemy in 50m will allow you to chain attack all other surrounding enemies. Each enemy that receives judgement shall boost Nox's speed by 5%

---

//Comments

---

Well if you haven't seen it, take a look over here; https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/305901-archwing-concepts-concept-art-updated-with-specter-stealth-archwing/

That's where Nox came from and there are plenty more along with it.

We have an archwing based on destructive power, what about one based on speed? Admittedly I can't control myself too well at high speeds, and tend to go straight into the wall. I would still use Nox though

Anyways, you guys know the drill.

Comments?

Feedback?

Lemme have it.

Eh... the speed boosts really only would be useful in interception and even then wouldn't be that useful.

Flicker sounds interesting, and the Look of Nox is nice, but that is about it. 

Afterburn:  Not really useful, like I stated it would be ok in interception, but it would be a liability in any trench run mission. 

Star Stream: I suppose its a decent idea, but a vacuum created in what is already essentially a vacuum?  Maybe if the reasoning behind the CC effect was different then sure. 

Judgement:  Just using melee pretty much already does this, without having to use energy.  And the speed boost again really isn't beneficial. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Eh... the speed boosts really only would be useful in interception and even then wouldn't be that useful.

Flicker sounds interesting, and the Look of Nox is nice, but that is about it. 

Afterburn:  Not really useful, like I stated it would be ok in interception, but it would be a liability in any trench run mission. 

Star Stream: I suppose its a decent idea, but a vacuum created in what is already essentially a vacuum?  Maybe if the reasoning behind the CC effect was different then sure. 

Judgement:  Just using melee pretty much already does this, without having to use energy.  And the speed boost again really isn't beneficial. 

So far we only have two mission types, so maybe in the future we'll get more that may require speed, such as capture perhaps? Hyperion Thrusters was the 'must have' mod for a little bit and went for quite the chunk of platinum. So my guess is that speed is worth something to say the least.

As for the abilties, Afterburn is just to get more speed, it may be useful trying to get away from a horde of enemies.  It being a liability is completely up to the player. It's up to them what to bring and to know what is to come for the mission at hand. I'm not sure why people always try to use logic and reason in a Warframe. You aren't supposed to hear things in space, yet we do anyways. I don't think a vacuum within a vacuum would be so bad.

The final ability is just like you said, however is much quicker and gives you a speed boost. It's true you could just melee them all but, it would take longer. This ability speeds up the process, as if you were trying to quickly defend a point while another was under attack.

I love the Flicker ability, keep up the good work :D

Thank you lol.

Anyways, I read your post on Reddit a few seconds ago and I'll reply here because I'm already typing here. (I'm totally not computer lazy or anything.)

Regarding bulk, I can agree with you there! I have noticed that now with my archwing concepts, and if I do anymore, I'll be sure to fix that up in the future. Although I think with this one since, it's based on speed, it should be a bit more sleeker and whatnot. A stark contrast is that darn Elytron with it's huge uh... drill thingies and look how much that thing blows stuff up. Regardless though, thanks for pointing that out to me.

Star Stream and Judgement sound interesting.  What I don't like is paying energy for speed.  I like fast as a default.

Well it would be faster than the current two by default. I like to think of the speed for energy thing much like Volt's Speed ability- but in Archwing form.

Edited by blazingcobalt

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like a good way to fix the ult would be to make it a toggle effect that increases the range of your melee homing effect (say another 50-100 meters?) that way it still has use and is very powerful, but will take quite a draw out of your energy if you use it too long, and can be used in conjunction with other abilites

Edited by AmporanAnguish

• 4 weeks later...