Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback Regarding Archwing And Quest To Obtain It!

(PSN)Shadow_Of_Hunhow

Ok, so before bed I managed to complete my archwing and take it on the first mission. Overall I was really only impressed with the last mission, the rest was the usual boring grind.

But I'm not going to leave it at that, I'm going to provide feedback on everything in the quest.

The first mission, the Orokin sabotage is a mess. The beginning is the usual void stuff, nothing special. But the ice planet section was a core to do. The Lynx is a poor excuse for a mini-boss, constantly regenerating his little does that make him invincible. I was forced to use energy restores or sit and wait for energy siphon to give me enough for my ult just to take care of them. Even then they come back so fast you barely have a chance to damage him. You need to make it so the drones only give a set amount of damage reduction,versus straight invincibility. Then when I finally beat him, I was forced to find a way to get back up the super high ledge I came from, this I noticed is a problem with the ice tileset in general, but I'll touch on that in a bit. The boss and trying to return to the void were a giant pain to do, and almost put me off doing the quest altogether.

The next piece, the excavation, is the worst part by far though. Excavation maps are HUGE, way too big for even four players. It took me 4-5 minutes to reach the second extractor with a Valkyr with max rush, quick rest, and marathon! And the whole RNG to get your parts is a slap in the face. Why not introduce multiple missions that guarantee each part like the Mirage quest? To top it off, the enemy spawns are horrendous! Sometimes I'll have an entire army of railgun and anti Moa attack, sometimes I'll see nothing for 10 minutes straight, sometimes I'll get more than enough power cores to power the scanner and two extractors at the same time, sometimes I went have seen a single power core and end up losing the extractor because I search for one and a bunch of Moa show up while I'm away and instantly kill it. Overall excavation needs a lot of work before being a forced game mode. Enemy spawn tweaks, guaranteed power carriers, smaller maps, are all a must!

The last mission however, almost everything is absolutely perfect! I think it should have started as a spy mission, since Lotus tells us we are gathering Intel, then progressed to exterminate when the Grineer invade, then to the archwing piece when the ship starts falling apart. This would make it a little more realistic. That aside, the bickering between Frohd Bek and Vay Hek is awesome, and I was glad to see it! It was a little thing that made it feel so much cooler when running through the ship!

Then finally, the archwing piece itself. This was awesomeness at it's peak! Aside from being a little disorienting at first, it was an amazing piece of work. It makes me excited to go flying around in my archwing when I get home!

So overall the experience leading to the archwing was annoying and painful, but the last mission and the archwing gameplay more than make up for it!

Edited by (PS4)SCP-100912

I just came back to the game and I LOVED those missions. They are supposed to be long and epic. Frankly, they should be even much longer on even bigger maps. So when you come home you say: "I have 2 hours, time to tag the quest missions".

It is not like there are 1000 quests in the game. There are 5 and all were fun and well done. But that might be just me.