The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Archwing Enemy Spawns

(PSN)zukofury

DE, please take note of this. This "glitch"  is making archwing missions unplayable. I wish I could  enjoy the awesomeness that is U15, but enemies spawning outside of the invisible barrier causing forced extraction is extremely frustrating and should be one of the top priorities. Maybe instead of a brief warning followed by immediate extraction, utilize a countdown system (i.e. the player outside the boundary has 10 sec to return to the field of play before forced extraction).

DE, please take note of this. This "glitch"  is making archwing missions unplayable. I wish I could  enjoy the awesomeness that is U15, but enemies spawning outside of the invisible barrier causing forced extraction is extremely frustrating and should be one of the top priorities. Maybe instead of a brief warning followed by immediate extraction, utilize a countdown system (i.e. the player outside the boundary has 10 sec to return to the field of play before forced extraction).

Countdown is great solution, but i think 10 sec is no enought for seek and destroy drones out of border and pinned, mostly, on other side of asteroids.

This is a very nasty bug. It seems like the enemies are getting caught on the Meteors and other debris around each map and aren't smart enough to figure out there is an object in their way. Sometimes they get stuck at the very edge of the map or even outside the bounds for your Warframe. If you go to kill them, Lotus will automatically extract you without much warning at all. This bug has ruined nearly EVERY interception game I have tried to play.

This bug makes many of the Archwing interception missions completely unplayable. Just go watch a game, you will see people drop from the game like crazy at the end of each round. This is compounded by the other problems with Host Migration which have returned. If someone goes out of bounds and they happen to be the host, it's game over for everyone! 

I don't know if there is some temporary way to hotfix this with detection for enemies more than a certain distance from the Radio Towers, maybe have them despawn.  Or put a longer warning for going out of bounds with a proper direction arrow for how to get back in bounds. Or maybe just scrub the "kill the remaining enemies" part of the mission, until you work out a proper fix. 

Edited by (PS4)renosis

Yeah it's really broken and it needs to be hotfixed ASAP.

It Occured to me at least 5 times today in about two hours of playing interception on earth, basically the enemy spawns and somehow stays stuck in an asteroid outside of map bounds, then after the tennos intercept the message and once they are tasked with destroying the last few enemies to finish the round, you try to approach the enemy to kill him, then you get a warning from the lotus and before you can turn back, you get extracted out, it's mission failed and you lost every single thing you acquired in the previous waves... Bye by all mods, archwing parts and everything. What's worse is that in most cases there's simply no way to complete the round when this occurs, the enemy is too far and cannot be shot, as he's usually on the other side of the asteroid anyway... As as the guy said, if the guy tha leaves the battlefield is the host, the whole team is screwed anyway...

This makes it extremely hard to farm rare mods and archwing parts, and basically warrants leaving as soon as possible.

Honestly, it's a really bad design to even allow extraction from the battlefield, who would want to forfeit all of his stuff right at the end of a mission anyway ... Just do an invisible wall that forces you back in bounds... And perhaps mape a visible frontier appear at the extremity of the playable zone too while we're at it... Cause there's no way to tell you're getting out of bounds anyway. Besides ,to be honest, hunting for all the stupid robots that got stuck in asteroids after every round is not my idea of fun anyway, breaks the momentum.

I also got a few hard freezes during archwing, forcing me to chose the application from the XMB and also losing all my stuff... Case being, It hurts my enjoyment of this new feature trememdously.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

Enemies are rediculous on Uranus you have to purcase revives ingame to last 1 round.

Not necessarily true, but you do need A TON of energy restores. I've been able to farm two sets of the Elytron, second set came about while farming for dual rounds, which I've yet to see again after having to force restart my app. Personally, the reason I stopped playing is because you can't farm resources or gain credits while playing these missions. Once you have all the pieces to the Elytron, Corvas, and Onorix and all mods, then there's really nothing driving you to play archwing missions.

On topic, enemy spawns have been improved significantly over the past few days, thank you for moving promptly, DE.