Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Colors Chrome?

Vyra

I wouldn't mind it that much, though it is true that the Orokin Color is Gold.

If DE is set on the Gold concept, or don't want to change that because of other reasons, maybe there could be at least different gold colors.

At the moment there are different gold colors for different primes, and osme of them are very ugly to me, while others are very stylish.

(Paris Prime Gold is Ugly Yellowish for example, while Latron prime Gold is Subtle and Stylish (to me))

Orokin era was a golden age, the primes are from that time. It makes no sense to have "chrome" on primes. 

Just find a good combination that goes well with golden bits or stop using primes if it bugs you that much.

Oh, so the Prime frames must follow lore, even though they're the only things that we don't want to follow the lore.

What about Limbo, Hydroid? DE, why must you troll us so?

I'd like for this to happen. I'll never understand the idea of limiting customization because of lore. It's a gameplay mechanic. Pretty sure there's nothing in the lore about a neon pink Ash with an evil mustache, but that doesn't seem to stop DE from allowing us to use such cosmetics lol. I don't see why Primes should exclusively follow the lore, when nothing else (cosmetic-wise) does. I could understand if people were asking for Warframes to have giant afros and or grass dresses lol, but this is a reasonable change.

I'm all for more customization, especially with Prime frames and weaponry. The gold looks nice and all, but it kind of sucks that you have to keep the gold no matter what.

Sure, let us paint the interior of our liset while we are at it.

I'd rather DE focused on real things in game that matter over "what colour is my shiny bit"

Funny you should mention that.

https://twitter.com/rebbford/status/537448051900948481

--------------

New skins for primes, or simply the ability to change the gold trim to silver or something would be nice. I think gold is a very... polarizing color. People either love it or hate it. Depending on how dark or bright it is I either love it or hate it. Fortunately in warframe it's sort of inbetween and I'm okay with it but I can definitely understand the desire to change it. Like someone else mentioned, I also find it to be very very gaudy.

Edited by Seraphyx

Prime doesn't mean gold.......

Not even one bit

Prime means of highest quality basically

Diamond trumps gold. 

I don't see diamond on them. Therefore the idea of Prime being gold is null and "Void"

See what i did there?

not only that, gold is a crappy metal in general, its relatively soft compared to harder metals.

Prime doesn't mean gold.......

Not even one bit

Prime means of highest quality basically

Diamond trumps gold. 

I don't see diamond on them. Therefore the idea of Prime being gold is null and "Void"

See what i did there?

Do we know if the golden color of the Orokin is based on the metal gold?

I would personally love alternates to gold on prime frames/weapons (especially chrome, silver, and black. Some colors that would go good with basically everything and anything, preferably any color of the rainbow though, not that I'd probably ever use those). YES primes are the originals, that doesn't mean we couldn't ALTER the originals afterwards, we ALTER our COPIES after we make them, what's the difference?? The lore states nowhere that a prime frame's gold cannot be changed out for something else... correct me if I'm wrong please.

Gold is higher in tier than those weaker metals you guys want.

Warframe is gold......and will embrace and respect the gold or else

>:(

Do not repeat mistakes of Orokin, Tenno. Do not.

...oh well, I'm using gold/black/white/purple scheme myself.

Edited by Dreamwalk3r

Metal isn't only used for armor you know....

Gold is highly conductive, for example.

if i remember correctly, graphene is literally the highest known conductor there is. i wouldnt see why the Orokin would downgrade unless the graphenewould be an undercoating.

and yeah yeah,Oro means gold and the Orokin Era is essentially a golden age, but still. you think everyone wore gold? and also, why have strict standards on the color of a metal if we can alter the rest of our appearances anyway? the defaults are merely a uniform look, and we usually dont conform anyways...

if i remember correctly, graphene is literally the highest known conductor there is. i wouldnt see why the Orokin would downgrade unless the graphenewould be an undercoating.

and yeah yeah,Oro means gold and the Orokin Era is essentially a golden age, but still. you think everyone wore gold? and also, why have strict standards on the color of a metal if we can alter the rest of our appearances anyway? the defaults are merely a uniform look, and we usually dont conform anyways...

I always thought the Orokin happened upon tons of gold reserves when expanding beyond earth, lowering the value of it as well as allowing wider use.

I always thought the Orokin happened upon tons of gold reserves when expanding beyond earth, lowering the value of it as well as allowing wider use.

they probably lost a crap ton of gold during the War. no way in hell they had enough for all those towers and whatnot, unless they had some kind of alchemy technology. o_o