Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Optimize The Optimizer

[DE]Momaw

I'm not sure if it's just my machine, and I'm willing to share information with dev if this is requested, but the "optimizing download cache" process is brutal. Starting about half way through and getting progressively worse as the bar inches toward done, the entire computer basically grinds to a halt to the point that it has caused other programs to crash or send out "....is unresponsive" messages.  The optimizer takes every scrap of resources and makes it impossible to do anything but walk away and let it churn.

If possible, this should become a lower impact process so that we can still do other things (avoiding heavy HDD use) while waiting.

7200RPM HDD, Core i5 @ 3.1Ghz 4 cores, 8Gb 1600Mhz RAM.

I see nothing to be worried about on my end. :/

Although the optimization of download cache is tediously long...

Update: nope never mind, slowdown at 94%

My HDD died for a second then picked up the pace again.

Update 2: Now it pinged the death 3 times.

Edited by DarkBabylon

Got the same thing. 99% of memory busy, and I'm feeling like I turned on AC Unity and FarCry 4, at the same time. How is it that launcher change can make one of faster updating games into competition for UbiS#&$ level optimization?

YOU ARE ABLE TO RUN THEM AT THE SAME TIME? How is that even possible? :O

It's absolutely horrible. First of all, it shouldn't be automatic - that's just ridiculously stupid. And it should be optimized in some way because as it is, it pretty much forces you to leave your PC on for 30-40 minutes and go do something else, because you can't do ANYTHING while it's running. And it's happening after every update, even a hotfix. Fix this.

I don't know what the optimizer supposed to do i thought its defragmenting or something but my hdd don't make this much noise and my pc dont work this hard while defragmenting so i dont think this is working right and it shouldn't be automatic.