Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Energy Weapons' Trigger Types

Shion963

So Gammacor. Looks neat around the arm. Codex blurb tells how it's another improvised weapon.

But am I the only one who wished it wasn't another frakking continuous-fire weapon? Am I in the minority of wanting a proper energy PISTOL, one that shoots a discrete packets of plasma, or short flashes of a beam instead of yet another wannabe lightsaber?

I CAN'T GO PEW PEW WITH THOSE, THEY ONLY GO BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ D:

EDIT: Detron and Cestra are discrete, but one's a spraygun, and the other just sprays. Ain't no Pistol to me!

Edited by Shion963

So Gammacor. Looks neat around the arm. Codex blurb tells how it's another improvised weapon.

But am I the only one who wished it wasn't another frakking continuous-fire weapon? Am I in the minority of wanting a proper energy PISTOL, one that shoots a discrete packets of plasma, or short flashes of a beam instead of yet another wannabe lightsaber?

I CAN'T GO PEW PEW WITH THOSE, THEY ONLY GO BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ D:

EDIT: Detron and Cestra are discrete, but one's a spraygun, and the other just sprays. Ain't no Pistol to me!

TBH I was hoping it was a laser arm cannon, like Cyborg from Teen Titans. 

Sounds like you should build the Opticor, not continuous, not rapid (spray) fire, packs a punch. Seems like it hits all of your points.

Already got an Opticor (which is a charged laser cannon, rather than a chargeable energy pistol).

Would have liked it to charge and do a bit more damage though.

Alas, continuous-fire is the favoured son. Edited by Shion963

So, you're telling you want a Halo plasma pistol in Warftame?

And a Dead Space Plasma Cutter, and Megaman's buster, etc etc. I don't mean those exact weapons with their exact looks, but just something that's a bit more 'conventional' for a video game energy pew pew pistol.

Seer.Fires energy? check.Pistol? check.Charges? No.2/3. Close enough.

if you can handle it's zoom

Sadly I can't handle the zoom. The sudden crazy close-ups hurts my eyes after a while. Fun weapon, though. Would be ideal if not for its low firerate, small mag, and crazy zoom. And I'm not a fan of Grineer's bulbous aesthetics :/