Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, You Got Rid Of Overheat... Only To Introduce Shatter Shield...

TwiceDead

The damage return is laughable compared to Link.

Most mobs will only deal about 5-20 damage per shot to themselves. When players can do thousands of damage with a single shot, it's not much of a comparison.

Its very comparable to link  - T4 heavies kill themselves while you just stand nearby doing nothing. 

You really love your Life Strike, eh?  Does it work on damage inflicted by procs from your melee weapons?  That would be really cute.  

You mean gas and bleed proc healing without using energy?

Or enemies that might get one hit in every year while im stun locking them?

You mean gas and bleed proc healing without using energy?

Or enemies that might get one hit in every year while im stun locking them?

WAIT... That actually works?

Does Life Strike work for Gas/Electric/Bleed procs? I don't know since my standard melee build is either radiation/toxic or corrosive/cold or corrosive/fire. 

WAIT... That actually works?

Does Life Strike work for Gas/Electric/Bleed procs? I don't know since my standard melee build is either radiation/toxic or corrosive/cold or corrosive/fire. 

The procs give you life without using energy as long as you hold your channel

If you release it and rechannel you wont have it anymore

Though the bonus even then is nice for energy efficiency

If you get KDd its always great to be healing while enemies blast you

If its so defined and has things that "people" play it for....

why are some folks happy with Shattersheild and some folks not?

Because they don't care about a gunslinger being a gunslinger if they like shatter shield. 

Edited by LukeAura

Because they don't care about a gunslinger being a gunslinger if they like shatter shield. 

Or the do care and they like the idea of the gunslinger who can weave through a hail of bullets as shown in movies like the matrix and equilibrium...

and also understand how hard that is to reproduce in a multi-player video game.

I view Shatter shield as the closest DE could get to the functional effect of having Mesa dodge bullets as if she has super human, bullet dodging reflexes.

Edited by Ronyn

Or the do care and they like the idea of the gunslinger who can weave through a hail of bullets as shown in movies like the matrix and equilibrium...

I view Shatter shield as the closest DE could get to the functional effect of having Mesa dodge bullets as if she has super human, bullet dodging reflexes.

Id rather see her with 80% evasion than 80% DR

Id rather see her with 80% evasion than 80% DR

That'd would work better as an integrated ability of Peacemaker then as a separate skill.

I like Shatter Shield because it reminds me of some western movies (and Back to the future 3) were people use iron plates under their ponchos to take a shot before going down and because the last few frames we've got have been really damn squishy with abilities that revolved about dodging damage, so a change from that is nice.

That'd would work better as an integrated ability of Peacemaker then as a separate skill.

I like Shatter Shield because it reminds me of some western movies (and Back to the future 3) were people use iron plates under their ponchos to take a shot before going down and because the last few frames we've got have been really damn squishy with abilities that revolved about dodging damage, so a change from that is nice.

Thatd make her OP on top of her 3

Squishyness relative to the ast few frames is irrelevant as well

Shes not a tank and should not be a tank

The procs give you life without using energy as long as you hold your channel

If you release it and rechannel you wont have it anymore

Though the bonus even then is nice for energy efficiency

If you get KDd its always great to be healing while enemies blast you

That's really cool.  Gonna give it a whirl later.  

That's really cool.  Gonna give it a whirl later.  

I thought you knew already O_o

Wish it had been some sort of ability that shoots down all enemies projectiles and cost 10 energy. Click it twice and your shields would have started regening

Shooting enemy bullets instead would be interesting

Then do explain its ability to reflect bullets. It is not dodging. We just got a mechanic, and have mechanics that alter enemy accuracy, already in place to simulate weaving through enemy bullets.

It is tanking, Standing still lets its effect still apply, so she isn't 'dodging'.

"Shatter Shield Enevelops Mesa in an energy barrier, reflecting back incoming bullets." 

Reflection requires there to be contact. 

Edited by LukeAura

Then do explain its ability to reflect bullets. It is not dodging. We just got a mechanic, and have mechanics that alter enemy accuracy, already in place to simulate weaving through enemy bullets.

It is tanking, Standing still lets its effect still apply, so she isn't 'dodging'.

"Shatter Shield Enevelops Mesa in an energy barrier, reflecting back incoming bullets." 

Reflection requires there to be contact. 

Sigh...of course she is deflecting not dodging....you missed my whole point. lol

I'm not going to try to explain it over and over. 

Moving forward-

The new mechanic you mention that alters enemy accuracy messes up enemy aim based on player movement.

The more extreme our movements the more off the enemies aim. OK. I think it's a great addition to the game.

Are you suggesting that they give some amped up version of that to Mesa as an ability? So even when she is in Peacemaker's stationary mode the enemies would just fire wildly passed her or something? They would think she is somewhere else or..what exactly?

Also if she actually dodges things that means she gets to completely avoid the threat of status effects making her even more resilient.

Is that the goal here? I don't believe it is.

So sure.... Dodging would be better than deflection but HOW do they pull it off IN game?

Moving forward-

The new mechanic you mention that alters enemy accuracy messes up enemy aim based on player movement.

The more extreme our movements the more off the enemies aim. OK. I think it's a great addition to the game.

Are you suggesting that they give some amped up version of that to Mesa as an ability? So even when she is in Peacemaker's stationary mode the enemies would just fire wildly passed her or something? They would think she is somewhere else or..what exactly?

Also if she actually dodges things that means she gets to completely avoid the threat of status effects making her even more resilient.

Is that the goal here? I don't believe it is.

So sure.... Dodging would be better than deflection but HOW do they pull it off IN game?

Peacemaker is also a bad ability for her, side discussion, but I don't agree with that one either. Stationary and gunslinger are not exactly a pleasing combination. 

They don't have to implement dodging as a Mesa ability, I only suggested replacing it with Movement. Which could mean anything from a dash, jump, teleport, speed boost, and yes 'dodging'. It is not the only option, and if it is not feasible to create then they have plenty of other options that would suit a gunslinger better. 

Edited by LukeAura

Peacemaker is also a bad ability for her, side discussion, but I don't agree with that one either. Stationary and gunslinger are not exactly a pleasing combination. 

They don't have to implement dodging as a Mesa ability, I only suggested replacing it with Movement. Which could mean anything from a dash, jump, teleport, speed boost, and yes 'dodging'. It is not the only option, and if it is not feasible to create then they have plenty of other options that would suit a gunslinger better. 

All I can really say is.....If you've seen Equilibrium you know what DE was going for.

Some will like it, some will dislike it. Far as I can tell there is no way to please everyone.

All I can really say is.....If you've seen Equilibrium you know what DE was going for.

Some will like it, some will dislike it. Far as I can tell there is no way to please everyone.

Then they should at least match playstyle to theme so people will know what will please them.