Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quests: How They Were Meant To Be Grindless

noveltyhero

The Mirage Quest, in my opinion, was done right: You do the missions and guaranteed get the part drop, wait for it to craft, then get the other parts. No keys, no extra waiting past the part crafting, and a storyline that doesn't suck. Why did the formula get reversed back to RNG and waitwalls so quickly?

This is what I was expecting with Limbo, then I had to excavate Earth literally 40 times to get a helmet blueprint.  It sounds like Mesa will be worse.  The current direction of the quests if abysmal.

A year later you're still here doing the same thing? Sounds like to me they're doing something right for you.

No, just Warframe being the only multiplayer game my internet can support :/

I actually got Banshee the old way faster than mesa, but that's just RNG and such.

After three days of hunting for invasion missions, i got a key and put a key share squad together.

three helmets and a systems. Guess i'll have to wait another three days to get another key, and then twelve hours to craft the parts, then ANOTHER three days to craft the frame (if i don't just rush it, which at this point is tempting)

If the current system is going to stay, could we at least get more common missions rewarding these coords? I have clanmates who have done 8 runs and are still missing parts for mesa, four runs all dropping the same part, and others who gave up on mesa.

The Mirage Quest, in my opinion, was done right: You do the missions and guaranteed get the part drop, wait for it to craft, then get the other parts. No keys, no extra waiting past the part crafting, and a storyline that doesn't suck. Why did the formula get reversed back to RNG and waitwalls so quickly?

Haha same, getting Vauban was easier for me, because it didn't feel so close but Mesa feels close due to quest however it is really far away in terms of acquisition :/

I feel DE are testing the waters as it were, seeing how far they can push before they meet resistance. 

The mirage quest didn't have much grinding involved, as I remember there was actually no RNG or grinding if you did the quest properly.

The Mirage quest absolutely excellent because of that. As a community we eventually accepted the time walls because there was no grind. Now however we get time walls AND grind which is a major issues in my opinion. Also quests are so damn lackluster, the content delivered is like a text based game, it doesn't have anything unique added to it which kind of sucks because there is so much potential for them.

I'm not sure whether the whole Mesa-mess is unintentional and the quest and the whole grind around it is just bad or whether they deliberately made it so tedious and frustrating in order to tempt more people to just go and spend some real money instead. I've always considered Warframe to be one of the fairest Free2Play games out there, where you can get pretty much everything you want within reasonable amounts of time, even if you don't want to spend money. But I can't help but feel they really want people to hate everything involving Mesa...

run t4 survival -> acquire cores -> max out heavy cal -> sell heavy cal -> buy mesa from shop

Heavy cal would take forever to max rank, "some r5s" aren't going to cut it.

Plus heavy cal doesn't drop in t4 survival

That just sounds like more of a chore then it would to just farm Mesa >_<

Edited by Magnagar

just farm some r5s max a couple heavy cals and sell them then buy the set with plat probably a lot easier and you get more out of it

Do you realized how stupid your statement is? Maxing HC requires exactly 396 r5. Doesn't look like "some" to me.

Besides, that doesn't address the main issue, which is RNG and wait-wall.

Do you realized how stupid your statement is? Maxing HC requires exactly 396 r5. Doesn't look like "some" to me.

Besides, that doesn't address the main issue, which is RNG and wait-wall.

ahh sorry i forgot not everyone is capable of running 2hours+ in t4, they spend most of their time complaining on forums rather than manning up and going farming their content.

ahh sorry i forgot not everyone is capable of running 2hours+ in t4, they spend most of their time complaining on forums rather than manning up and going farming their content.

You must not understand the mechanics of farming. You can't accumulate 400 r5 cores within 2 hours... That would be way too easy.

Edited by Magnagar

Because running 2hours+ in t4s give you ~400 r5 fusion cores right? OH, wait.

Half of those damn mods should be buffs to the actual thing, I see them as a way to avoid buffing what needs to be buffed. Right now I fear for the direction of this game.

I mean we don't have lock boxes yet, right? Yet...

*From a secret location with a giant pw sign on it inside there is a long table seating several bureaucratic monkeys and evil soulless share holders and at the end sits a figure shrouded in darkness and is says in a wicked raspy voice* SOON

honestly mind boggling how poor some of your comprehension is, i said farm some r5s, being able to do 2 hours or more is going to be greatly beneficial to speed up the process in farming those cores not to mention the thousand other mods you will recieve throughout the missions, im just saying it would be faster to farm the plat through however you guys on pc make your plat, then buying the set rather than doing the mission.

clue up ffs

in survival you get a drop each five minutes so twelve drops per hour, if you are "SO LUCKY" to get r5 (x5) cores in all the drops you must be very happy but when you gonna need any other drop from that tower you gonna shoot on your feet

2 hous = 24 drops x 5 = 120 cores

to get 400 cores you gonna need to play seven hours and not even in that time you gonna get that amount of cores

You meant the thousand other mods that you get from spamming Draco mindlessly for 1 week?

just farm some r5s max a couple heavy cals and sell them then buy the set with plat probably a lot easier and you get more out of it

just farm some r5s max a couple heavy cals
max a couple heavy cals
max a couple

You're the one that needs a clue.

Edited by xyLoneZ

Hey... That's right!! Quests were meant to be a way to reduce the grind! :o

Look at it now... It might become like everything else!

They also have gotten better with distractions. The event and Syndicate weapons are distracting the common player from realizing how deep the grind is for Mesa. Outrage might not reach peak levels until the 5th or so.

Edited by unknow99

I didnt find the limbo grind to be that bad, the worst I had it was waiting for the pieces to finish building.

I brought a frost prime and I was able to group up with a couple of people and we knocked out the pieces in 30-40mins a run if not sooner.  Mesa was worse, but only because I couldnt grind the mission, I had to wait.

Edited by Vanroe

I agree, they should at least make quest feel unique beyond a few flavor text.

I don't understand why they need to reskin the same old grind missions without ANY change. It's it technically difficult to add variation to these missions?

There is so much they could've done to hive missions to make it more befitting of a unique quest.