Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, We Now Have A Sword That Is Also A Gun.....

Kaotyke

f we want realism shouldn't we go to CoD? :)

PS: I understand your opinion, as my brother is like that. He must have realism in everything! You, and he both aren't wrong. BUT I NEED MOAR SHINIES NAO!!!!! 

CoD realistic? Oh god no...

I don't want full on realism, but I want logic in weapons that need it. Energy weapons that fall into sci-fi are exempt from this.

Weight is a problem that comes to mind however. 

From the looks of RWBY's weapon (the one shown in the OP) that barrel probably weighs far too much than it is needed. Once the ammo runs dry, that thing becomes dead weight.

Plus, there is no form of scope...unless it falls into the "Pinpoint accuracy" area then that thing isn't very useful.

Considering we have things like the Serro and the Galatine, I don't think weight or size would be a problem.

The only problem I can see with a scythe as a weapon is that the cutting side is on the inside of the scythe, but we already have scythes in the game so that's not a problem either.

And the gunblade we have now just has infinite ammo. So that's also not a problem. 

Some sort of heavy scythe with a gun in it wouldn't be too out of place. Obviously it wouldn't be the exact one from RWBY, but I could see something along those lines being included at some point. Maybe a Corpus staff weapon with a laser cannon built in or something.

CoD realistic? Oh god no...

I don't want full on realism, but I want logic in weapons that need it. Energy weapons that fall into sci-fi are exempt from this.

If you wanted realism, play Red Orchestra.

That's about as realistic as shooters go.

Considering we have things like the Serro and the Galatine, I don't think weight or size would be a problem.

The only problem I can see with a scythe as a weapon is that the cutting side is on the inside of the scythe, but we already have scythes in the game so that's not a problem either.

And the gunblade we have now just has infinite ammo. So that's also not a problem. 

Some sort of heavy scythe with a gun in it wouldn't be too out of place. Obviously it wouldn't be the exact one from RWBY, but I could see something along those lines being included at some point. Maybe a Corpus staff weapon with a laser cannon built in or something.

Except one's a shotgun on a small twin-blade, while the other is a massive f***ing scythe. We have one gunblade, and that's enough.

Wait it has infinite ammo?

Well there goes another thing I cannot stand about it.

I wouldn't mind if it had some kind of weapon that fires flashbangs. That would make sense as it wouldn't weigh as much as a full on sniper rifle. 

If you wanted realism, play Red Orchestra.

That's about as realistic as shooters go.

Love that game. 

Except one's a shotgun on a small twin-blade, while the other is a massive f***ing scythe. We have one gunblade, and that's enough.

Size means nothing for a weapon in this game. 

Wait it has infinite ammo?

Well there goes another thing I cannot stand about it.

I wouldn't mind if it had some kind of weapon that fires flashbangs. That would make sense as it wouldn't weigh as much as a full on sniper rifle. 

Love that game. 

A bolt-action sniper rifle in a scythe would be silly, that's why I said it wouldn't be the exact one from the OP. But a heavy scythe with some type of weapon mounted in/on it wouldn't be too far off. 

Size does in fact matter. The Opticor, the largest primary weapon, isn't even over-the-shoulder.

The Jat Kittag is the closest thing to being massive, and it's still nowhere close to being massive.

The Opticor is gigantic, and even the smallest warframes are fully mobile carrying it. The same goes for the Jat.

Remember, warframes are around 6ft. The Opticor, just eyeballing it, is a little over half that long. It's basically the length of an IRL rifle, but it's a solid brick. Unless it's totally hollow, it would weigh quite a lot. The Jat is even worse, the head of the hammer is like the size of a tire. Not to mention the strength required to control a jet-powered weapon would be insane.

A heavy scythe would hardly be the least realistic thing in the game. 

It's not weight.

It's size. A giant scythe requires a giant pole and a giant blade.

Plus, we already have the gunblade gimmick in.

Having both is stupid, especially since we already have scythes in the game.

Serro? Orthos Prime? Ether Reaper?

And you can count on there being more gunblades in the future, even if they're not gun scythes. They wouldn't make a separate stance for a one-off weapon.

From the codex of Orthos prime:

Orthos Prime is an ancient Orokin martial weapon, forged from the purest rubidium making it extremely light-weight.

We could totally forge a heavy scythe from that too.

I'm not saying I want it in the game, I'm just saying it would hardly be out of place. 

Seems as if they are running low on legitimate ideas, and since MR progression is bound to new weapons they may have to enter the realm of "weird anime" weapons..

If they do, my vote would go for the Twin Buster Rifle from Gundam Wing, that can fire as two separate weapons and then combined for a huge enemy melting projectile...

Or.. Or...

Ya know, Squid Launcher..

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/944206/despicable-me-o.gif

Actually, I would prefer if DE actually enabled us to have.. like melee weapon + secondary weapon equipped at the same time..

Y'know, combos that have slash slash, bang bang.. meaning we use our pistol and melee weapon simultaneously, without having to change them in the middle of combat?? It would be really cool to have a more fluid melee/range weapon combat like that, in my opinion.

What we should do is get rid of every single weapon that is not the Braton.

And then make every weapon simply a different variety of Braton.

For secondaries? Why, make them Latos only.

And melee? Why, they'd simply be nothing but a Nikana or smaller Galatine.

Realism at its finest for this game. We are soldier ninjas. We should have an excruciatingly mediocre level of variation.

What we should do is get rid of every single weapon that is not the Braton.

And then make every weapon simply a different variety of Braton.

For secondaries? Why, make them Latos only.

And melee? Why, they'd simply be nothing but a Nikana or smaller Galatine.

Realism at its finest for this game. We are soldier ninjas. We should have an excruciatingly mediocre level of variation.

Your sarcasm is beyond un-funny. 

As I've said, I don't want full on realism, but I want some form of logic to weapons where it can be applied.

Your sarcasm is beyond un-funny. 

As I've said, I don't want full on realism, but I want some form of logic to weapons where it can be applied.

You're ok with the Jat Kittag? Sheev? Dual ichors? Any weapon that would have physical impact but for some reason does an elemental (Karyst/Lecta)? 

But yeah, before they do stuff like gunblades, they should have shown the REGULAR scythes some love. :(

We could totally forge a heavy scythe from that too.

I'm not saying I want it in the game, I'm just saying it would hardly be out of place. 

Is nobody going to point out the fact that rubidium in real life is highly reactive and would basically be unusable as a material for a weapon

You're ok with the Jat Kittag? Sheev? Dual ichors? Any weapon that would have physical impact but for some reason does an elemental (Karyst/Lecta)? 

But yeah, before they do stuff like gunblades, they should have shown the REGULAR scythes some love. :(

I said before that any weapon that fits the area of sci-fi (being that they are plasma based such and such OR are biological weapons) are exempted from my scrutiny, with that said: 

I don't like the Jat Kittag. It looks ugly and I'm very nit picky with it.

I don't get what you mean by the Sheev, other than the odd appearance I have nothing against it.

I mean the Dual Ichors do deal physcial damage as well as elemental.

Karyst is most likely a design flaw if it only deals elemental.

I said before that any weapon that fits the area of sci-fi (being that they are plasma based such and such OR are biological weapons) are exempted from my scrutiny, with that said: 

I don't like the Jat Kittag. It looks ugly and I'm very nit picky with it.

I don't get what you mean by the Sheev, other than the odd appearance I have nothing against it.

I mean the Dual Ichors do deal physcial damage as well as elemental.

Karyst is most likely a design flaw if it only deals elemental.

So basically if it uses energy or is living/biological it doesn't count? How about how railguns are meant to be high velocity weapons? The Sheev's odd appearance stems from how IT ISN'T EVEN A WEAPON WITH ITS STUPID DESIGN. And the dual ichors are bulky and would be unuseable.

So basically if it uses energy or is living/biological it doesn't count? How about how railguns are meant to be high velocity weapons? The Sheev's odd appearance stems from how IT ISN'T EVEN A WEAPON WITH ITS STUPID DESIGN. And the dual ichors are bulky and would be unuseable.

See, the entirety of this discussion I'm having is based on weapons that don't involve energy. Meaning that bringing those in does nothing back up anyones point. 

Bring forth weapons like a Karak or something along the lines, then it can count. 

Railguns are meant to be high velocity, the fact that the Velocitus isn't fast makes it just laughable in my opinion.

I don't even know how you'd use as a proper knife. Like maybe if you slash for sure but then again the slash would be very precise when the blade is that small.

Again, the Dual Ichors are the biological weapons. They don't count (although personally I think they should be impact axes and not slash axes)