The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.9.0: The Glaive

[DE]Rebecca

The glaive is great but the nerfs are too heavy handed. 

I have another question or two.  How do you feel about where the current drop rates stand and when are you rolling back or at least tweaking the reward nerf on failing a mission?  Given how the current formula for upgrading mods functions and how much grind is required, it seems like useful mods (uncommon and rare cores in particular) drop in far too small a quantity to make upgrading mods to maximum level an efficient and fun process.  What's more, I have not seen certain useful mods such as Streamline drop once since you gutted the drop rates.

Secondly, the loss of all rewards on failure feels too heavy handed and only hurts players who are playing legitimately.  I for one would be pretty annoyed if I saw a Streamline or rare core mod drop only to lose it to some bug (and there are plenty of them). 

Gorgon's still good for mass infested at really long ranges.  Least you don't have damage fall off past 5m.

Also, damn people don't know shotgun physics. Shotgun ranges are limited by spread and the aim of the user rather than some arbitrary damage fall off  (apparently air resistance is greater in space).

Also, Bronco's reload got even buggier this patch. -_- Can't wait for 7.10 or 7.9.1 for some un-nerfs and fixing my damn bronco.

Apparently, every mission takes place in Jupiter's atmosphere.

The glaive is great but the nerfs are too heavy handed. 

I have another question or two.  How do you feel about where the current drop rates stand and when are you rolling back or at least tweaking the reward nerf on failing a mission?  Given how the current formula for upgrading mods functions and how much grind is required, it seems like useful mods (uncommon and rare cores in particular) drop in far too small a quantity to make upgrading mods to maximum level an efficient and fun process.  What's more, I have not seen certain useful mods such as Streamline drop once since you gutted the drop rates.

Secondly, the loss of all rewards on failure feels too heavy handed and only hurts players who are playing legitimately.  I for one would be pretty annoyed if I saw a Streamline or rare core mod drop only to lose it to some bug (and there are plenty of them). 

Streamlines are rare in name only.  They still drop quite often as defense mission rewards.

Edited by Aggh

I Love this game, good concept and everything but it might just be my laptop but everytime i click on "online" and try do a alert the PLAY NOW shines up and i cant go back or into any menus and it just pretends to go in then backs out again, want me to find bugs and help make it better, would help me if the bloody menus worked.

It's possible to get streamline as 15 wave reward from Callisto.

Same here, i forget the mission, but it was  Corpus defense map and it was after making it through 15 waves.

Also, any word about the issue with the extreme lag?  Im not talking about the minor "things are kinda slow like items falling, or a dslight delay in kills,etc.",   Im talking about people basically teleporting across the map and enemey attacking you without being enar you and standing over modules and only colleting them after a minute or 30 seconds or something realllly long.

Aw... got everyone hyped for a super-cool weapon... and then made it plat only in the market...

Guess I shoulda seen it coming.

The BP is in the alert system. Which makes complete sense, considering just how poor the alert system BPs are at the moment. The only decent stuff are cards and potatoes. 

Then you have a bunch of completely useless weapons. Adding at least a few good ones would help with that. 

Actually I believe somewhere along the line the Tennos will do a story line mission and rescue and protect a cryopod that contains someone so important and extremely dangerous that both factions, the Grineer and the Corpus have teamed up to attack it, and then it becomes the most greatest defense mission ever!

Then near the end the cryopod opens and bam! GUESS WHO! HAYDEN TENNO RETURNS!

Im still just waiting for one thing: A trade system, so you can efficiently sell and buy weapons from other players, or just buy rescources when you need them from players. 

Nevertheless. great work guys!

You'll be waiting till the end of time. They've already said they don't want this.

Wait a minute. You're going stealth with a minigun ? Haha of all the things I wasn't expecting that.

And I think the update is great. Not because of nerfings, they do seem harsh. But because of all the other stuff. Joining alert missions is so much smoother and I can play with a Banshee teammate without going blind.

Welcome in my gameplay where i use only blades to be stealth. You have problems with that ? Don't knwo how to be stealth without your precious bow or Snipetron ? Come see me i'll give you some advices. But stop critic my gameplay i think i can be a lot more stealth with my Gorgon and my Shade than you with a Paris a Snipetron or what you want.

I'm just tired to see people saying this is a great update when the best weapons, especially Gorgon that was very well balanced, have been nerfed for an unknown reason. I just take me as exemple, i like to make solo missions, even when it's very hard, cuz i like to try to be quiet and don't be spotted. Gorgon was very useful for this cuz it was able to be good in any situation, medium range sniping, short range heavy fire rate etc. And now what ? We have to play in groups to can do those missions. Yeah thx a lot, awesome update, now i have to play with guys even don't knowing what be stealth means.

For the Hex, i still don't have it, i don't have the level 4. But i remember to all people complaining about its nerf, it's a SHOTGUN ! Definition of shotgun : powerful weapon at close range. That means everything. Doing snipe with a shotgun is theorically impossible. Dispersion of projectiles is too huge to can be useful.

And to all people saying this update is great, when u don't have test everything, just don't come there with your little cute faces just to say "Good job DE, keep going." No that's not good job, this update is a failure in its most part, up to me.

I you don't like some of the changes in the update(weapon nerfs), that's perfectly fine. For other people though, some of the fixes is a huge deal so this update is "good". People like and do different things and everyone has their own opinion. People do test these changes, like myself, and even if i use both Hek and Gorgon I still like this update because of the Glaive and other fixes and UI improvements. And saying that "The game is total s#%# now because they nerfed my 2 fav weapons!!!I'm leaving and never coming back!!!" I just LOL. Why don't you try something else (for now) and give the Devs a chance to "fix" some of the tough choices they have made lately. SHM, be a beta tester guys! This game if far from perfect but after we are done with the beta it will be :)

You'll be waiting till the end of time. They've already said they don't want this.

I'm pretty sure they have mentioned a trading system inside clans. Not entirely sure what can and cannot be traded but I'm 100% sure it will be added to the game when "Rise of the Warlords" come out.

Edited by Bloodywing

You know what. Doesn't ANYONE remeber that you signed a Beta agreement meaning that the Devs could make any changes they wish? Stop raging over this nerf nonsense in general. I think DE is allowed to test changes as they plz, as thats what a Beta is for. That doesn't mean you can't give feedback. Maybe just be a little more civil than fighting one another. -_- Give them time to record the effect their changes has on gameplay and maybe they will make changes! Have some faith in the people who made this great game, they have done an amazing job so far and people just like to throw it back in their face. Just my two cents. Anyway thank you DE for this patch! Am looking forward to that glaive alert! (hopefully its somewhere ive unlocked). Cheers.

I don't get why DE can't make a simple topic saying: "yeah, we're thinking of nerfing all shotguns because the Hek is kinda OP. Now you wont be able to kill anything past 5 meters with the Boar. Any thoughts about this?"

I'm pretty sure they have mentioned a trading system inside clans. Not entirely sure what can and cannot be traded but I'm 100% sure it will be added to the game when "Rise of the Warlords" come out.

To both of you, 8.0 will bring trading within clans. They right now feel bringing trading outside of clans would lead to exploits and whatnot.

So, wait til 8.0 and start putting on your friendly faces to join up with the farming clans.