The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.9.0: The Glaive

[DE]Rebecca

Okay. First: Awesome update. I'm happy with everything changed and added because we needed a bit of balance here and there.

To everyone wailing about the glaive: You can buy it via the marketplace for platinum, or you can wait for an alert to obtain it. "BUT WAAH I WANT TO GET IT NOW FOR FREE!!" Well then you're playing the wrong game. Warframe is a F2P game that needs some sort of income. This is just one way of doing it, and it's a very balanced way. Every single person will be able to obtain this weapon. There is no "pay2win" going on at all. Besides, though the Glaive is sounding like a very excellent and versatile melee weapon, it will still more than likely be outshined by other melee weapons that do more damage/hits multiple enemies per attack and definitely outshined by ranged weapons. Frankly, the glaive is a novelty item. More than likely fun as hell to use, but it won't be as effective.

To everyone wailing about shotgun damage fallout: Be quiet. Seriously, in every game I've ever played, shotguns tended to be weaker the farther your target was. And don't give me that "BUT IN REAL LIFE, YOU CAN KILL SOMEONE FAR AWAY WITH ONE DERP!" Yeah, duh. One pellet from miles away hitting just the right spot on your body WILL definitely kill you. But that sort of thing can't be transferred into a game like this one, or there will be no real reason to use any weapon other than shotguns. Not to mention, the game will become extremely boring since everything basically will die in one shot. This isn't real life. Now, shotguns will work as intended, and won't be all-powerful weapons. You want stupidly powerful and long range shotguns? Go back to Gunz.

And to add: My first two max ranked primary weapons were Strun, then HEK. I absolutely love shotguns in every game, so I'm not "a hater". I just like balance.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Having now played with the glaive it is an amazingly awesomely epic weapon. I was having so much fun throwing it around i didn't see the 3 toxics approaching my soon to be gang raped backside.

10/10 for an interesting, FUN weapon, don't care if it turns out crap at lvl 30, or that it shatters into a million pieces tomorrow, it's so much fun.

Small Hidden Update:

They tweaked some tilesets, like adding new props and entrances.

they also made it so you can't farm rubedo on Gaia anymore...kinda sad about this, now I can't just run through the defence part while breaking open all the boxes and hit the extraction >_>

To everyone wailing about shotgun damage fallout: Be quiet. Seriously, in every game I've ever played, shotguns tended to be weaker the farther your target was. And don't give me that "BUT IN REAL LIFE, YOU CAN KILL SOMEONE FAR AWAY WITH ONE DERP!" Yeah, duh. One pellet from miles away hitting just the right spot on your body WILL definitely kill you. But that sort of thing can't be transferred into a game like this one, or there will be no real reason to use any weapon other than shotguns. Not to mention, the game will become extremely boring since everything basically will die in one shot. This isn't real life. Now, shotguns will work as intended, and won't be all-powerful weapons. You want stupidly powerful and long range shotguns? Go back to Gunz.

Sci fi is centered around real life. It's meant to be be believable to some extent. The nerfs to the shotgun range is unrealistic. And stop trying to silence people who have an opinion that differs from yours. Shame on you.

Sci fi is centered around real life. It's meant to be be believable to some extent. The nerfs to the shotgun range is unrealistic. And stop trying to silence people who have an opinion that differs from yours. Shame on you.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Mines just better than all of yours combined =P Just kiddin XD

In all honesty though, DE borked the patch. Doesnt matter the reason, We jsut gotta wait and see how thy react to the bad feedback. If anything, I'm more curious to see how they handle this situation personally.

On a side note, stop flooding the support website with complaints guys.... Post your feedback on the forums so that people who have issues in game (crashes, etc) can properly report them.

SORRY FOR EVERYONE IF SOUND IMPATIENT...

BUT TRUE I AM AND SORRY FOR CAPS ALL TIME I PROMISED MY CLAN SOMETHING AND I KEEP IT...

IT WOULD BE NICE FOR AN GLAIVE ALERT TO COME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BECAUSE I AND MANY MANY OTHERS HAVE BEEN WAITING GLAIVE FOR SOME TIME TO COME .

II WOULD APPRECIATE FOR THE GALIVE ALERT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TY.

AND YEA HEK IN NOW EVEN IN CLOSE COMBAT IS ALLMOST USELESS FROM THE ''FIX''/MODIFICATION THE DMG DROPPED TOO MUCH.

CANT 1 HIT KILL GRINEER LVL 17 WITH HEK LVL 27 +POTATOE WITH MAX FIRE DMG ON MAX SHOCK DMG ON AND 60%DMG MOG ON SO WHATS THE DEAL? RANGE IS ABOUT 5M

TY. YOUR ANGELHARZA

>.> Can tell you right now that you overnerfed the shotguns with the degree of falloff. I agree it was stupid before, I could hit an enemy on the opposite side of the boss room with my HEK and have most of the pellets hit. Now if anything is 10-15m+ my gun that usually one shots enemies has to three or four shot them (including headshots). What use is any gun in a shooting game that loses around 50-70% of its damage if you take a few steps back. 

The changes were obviously due to stuff like I mentioned with the HEK but thats what happens when you introduce an ACCURATE shotgun with no bullet arc. Honestly id rather see a wider spread or -pellets- being affected by gravity rather than my bullets turn to wet paper after passing through a magic barrier at 15m. 

I agree shotgun sniping is stupid, but at the sudden range that it turns to rubbish if you consider that to be sniping you need bigger maps.

Increase the spread on all shotguns. There, a realistic fix. One pellet landing won't instagib anyone in this game. My complaint is that their solution is both unsatisfying and unintuitive.

It really sucks I never maxed my hek and like it alot and now to hear it nerfed is a downer. But I guess it is all about adjusting so I'm not really bummed. I'll still played with the hek. Its how I am in leage of legends. I still play nerfed champs and do well with them.

Hey Devs,

i was realy close to spend some bucks to you for the great work. I´m in love with that game, and i love that fast&fun gameplay so much.

I play the game for like a week now, but now i´m thinking...

You make "adjustments" *cough* to weapons that make it feel even inaccurate and make the gameplay slower (Gorgon/Shotgun).

Are you looking for the most popular used Weapons and then nerf them ? So, i think thats a big mistake.

In my opinion, make other weapons more interesting, not destroying weapons where the players "worked" for.

Hey Devs,

i was realy close to spend some bucks to you for the great work. I´m in love with that game, and i love that fast&fun gameplay so much.

I play the game for like a week now, but now i´m thinking...

You make "adjustments" *cough* to weapons that make it feel even inaccurate and make the gameplay slower (Gorgon/Shotgun).

Are you looking for the most popular used Weapons and then nerf them ? So, i think thats a big mistake.

In my opinion, make other weapons more interesting, not destroying weapons where the players "worked" for.

IM WITH YOU THEY SHOULD ACTUALLY MAKE SPREAD TO SHOTGUNS AN A LIL BULLET FALL BUT NO DMG REDUCTION.

BUT IM WITH YOU DUDE.

The Gorgon misses in "aimed" view about 60% of the time and usually to the right from 30m away and sometimes even that bad from 10m. took 3-10 shots to kill the cameras. rank 30 strun with 60 mod points with at least 60% armor, electrical, fire, multishot, and pointblank (with magazine and ammo capacity mods) does about 10 dmg past 30m. ouch. or actually not ouch at all, it does nothing unless you're getting swarmed, but then you're getting swarmed so that sucks.