The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cheat Engine

XDeathCoreX

When you get banned, is it for this being open or for using this while Warframe is open and even minimized while you play something else?

If it's for being open, That way too sensitive especially for a program like cheat engine.

FYI: With everything minimized it's easy to forget about Cheat Engine being open and jump on Warframe at the sight of an alert via RSS feed or whatever source especially since you haven't touched it for hours in since you minimized it. Haven't y'all forget a certain program was open. I can see people getting banned for this.

And what about turbo via xpadder or any keyboard emulation software for game pads.

And process hacker, a program which terminates software that flat out refuse to close despite using task manager. This program was detected by Dungeon Fighter Online, luckily, DFO's anti cheat system is more forgiven and was able to remedy this w/o dealing with horrific customer support(If account was banned).

Tell me, what other mishaps could lead to a legit player being banned?

Edited by XDeathCoreX

According to people in the other thread if it's on your computer and you run warframe it bans you. I've never tested this...just going on what others have said.

Cheat Engine would have to be running. I have cheat engine on my PC and have used it in the past 4 days because I like to occasionally run through FTL with a crazy amount of stuff. Rocketboats are awesome.

Still not banned. I have it and I use it - but I've never used it with Warframe on. So as long as you don't do that its peachy.

You will get banned if you run flagged programs while Warframe is running.

Edited by Blatantfool

testing with my spare account says if warframe runing, and your logged in, if you so much as launch cheat engine (just launch it without actaully using it for anything) you will get banned, so if you going to need cheat engine for work purpes or other things, make sure warframe isent runing

FYI: With everything minimized it's easy to forget about Cheat Engine being open and jump on Warframe at the sight of an alert via RSS feed or whatever source especially since you haven't touched it for hours in since you minimized it. Haven't y'all forget a certain program was open. I can see people getting banned for this.

Can't say I have as I by standard never have to many things running If I gonna do somthing else I normaly shutdown warframe and just have the twitter page open and refresh it ever few min.

PS: As long as you do not use it directly onto Warframe, it will not do anything to ban you. Simple. What I mean is, never have it edit any address or function of the game and it will be OK.

Game Devs aren't that particular about what program you run but more about what is happening onto their game itself. Editing things like XP gain from running solo will also be constituted as a hack. Running a CE without it connecting to Warframe or running CE to cheat FTL while Warframe is on would not be considered a hack.

Edited by matrixEXO

PS: As long as you do not use it directly onto Warframe, it will not do anything to ban you. Simple. What I mean is, never have it edit any address or function of the game and it will be OK.

Game Devs aren't that particular about what program you run but more about what is happening onto their game itself. Editing things like XP gain from running solo will also be constituted as a hack. Running a CE without it connecting to Warframe or running CE to cheat FTL while Warframe is on would not be considered a hack.

personal test proove if warframe so much detect cheat engine in the process list, it will ban you, go make account to test it yourself if you dont believe me

I wouldn't be advising any such tests, however it appears that from what people have experienced, if cheat engine is detected in your process list whilst logged into WarFrame, the associated WarFrame account is banned.

If you use Cheat Engine and you don't want to risk getting banned, you could just make a .bat file that kills all instances of Cheat Engine and THEN launches WarFrame, using that .bat file to launch WarFrame's Launcher. 

Here's a possible one, used for Cheat Engine 6.2. I can't guarantee it will work for other versions of CE, so first try copying the top two lines to a notepad file and then saving the file to your desktop as Warframe.bat (or whatever takes your fancy, as long as it's a .bat file), then running it with CE open. If it closes, fantastic. If not, you may need to figure out the process name yourself by going to the Task Manager > Processes.

Steam Version:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\tskill.exe cheatengine-x86_64
C:\WINDOWS\System32\tskill.exe cheatengine-i386
start steam://rungameid/230410

Non Steam Version: (You will need to locate Warframe's Installation Directory yourself)

C:\WINDOWS\System32\tskill.exe cheatengine-x86_64
C:\WINDOWS\System32\tskill.exe cheatengine-i386
<Warframe's Tools Directory> Launcher.exe
Edited by Azure_Kyte