Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Else Would You Put Finisher Damage?

4MostlyHarmless2

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Finisher

So apparently there's this thing called Finisher Damage in the game that at least two Ultimate Abilities (Ash Blade Storm and Hydroid Tentacle Swarm) have as innate damage. What I'm wondering is why it just so happens to be those two Ultimates, when there are more than just a few "ultimate" abilities that could benefit from using that kind of damage.

Off the top of my head, I'd definitely stick finisher damage to Excalibur's Radial Javelin and, judging from feedback posts, probably Mesa's Peacemaker ability as well. If it were up to you, where else would you guys want to see this kind of damage, and how should it actually be implemented?

Bladestorm is Slash Damage now, it's not Finisher anymore.

and i'd probably stick Finisher Damage on some of the more lesser Abilities, rather than AoE Blasts. less spammy Abilities deserve it far more.

Finisher Damage features should be somewhat subtle. placing them in appropriate places, not just throwing the Damage Type on there to make everything better.

Bladestorm is Slash Damage now, it's not Finisher anymore.

and i'd probably stick Finisher Damage on some of the more lesser Abilities, rather than AoE Blasts. less spammy Abilities deserve it far more.

Finisher Damage features should be somewhat subtle. placing them in appropriate places, not just throwing the Damage Type on there to make everything better.

Bladestorm is still finisher damage. It just has a 100% chance to proc the slash element debuff. Oberon's Smite is the same way as the projectiles spawned has a 100% chance for a puncture proc and a smaller chance to radiate the enemy as well, even though the ability has no puncture damage.

I dunno, the idea of a "finisher" seems more like it's meant to end things, which would fit in with an Ultimate attack. Also I'd think that the lesser abilities are potentially more spammable than ultimates, and adding finisher damage to that would make them a bit too overpowered...

I dunno, the idea of a "finisher" seems more like it's meant to end things, which would fit in with an Ultimate attack. Also I'd think that the lesser abilities are potentially more spammable than ultimates, and adding finisher damage to that would make them a bit too overpowered...

adding Finisher Damage to AoE Blasts is basically saying 'AFK spam more'.

the lesser Abilities that don't get used and abused anywhere near as much deserve it much more. they deal a lot less Damage to start with, adding Finisher Damage to them (an appropriate amount based on how much Damage they deal already) makes a lot more sense than adding a large Damage Boost to Abilities that are already abused.

the lesser Abilities are less spammy than the AoE Blasts. they affect less Enemies and require more precision than 'lol press 4'. thinking AoE Blasts are less spammy is cute, but not true.

Energy Costs mean basically nothing in Warframe. the game drowns us in Energy anyways.