The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Interesting Tid-Bit In The Alad V Quest...

Evanescent

So I noticed that the Lotus says something peculiar when fighting the Infested Mesa:

That's not a Tenno. That's a hollow Warframe being puppeted by Infested flesh. Put it out of its misery.

So the Tenno inhabit the Warframes (implied by hollow). What I find very interesting is that the Lotus says  Put it out of its misery. 

Can this mean that the Warframes themselves are organisms, alive? This could mean that the Tenno and the Warframes have a kind of symbiotic relationship, or could be simply just something the Lotus said.

What do you think? Discuss, please, and keep it civil and on-topic! :)

Bit of information. The Tenno were humans or something, and they got infected with the power they have, so the frames were built around them to harness the powers that they have, or thats sort of how it works i think?

Honestly, the whole idea of Lotus is an an example of immature thinking. All of the Tenno just listen to what the Lotus says because she saved our lives, but what if she has her own agenda? How do we know she is trustworthy? The Tenno will never know until they break free from the chains of immature thinking and enter the world of enlightened thinking (Sorry, had to). Until then, we won't know much about the lore of the Lotus or the origin of the Tenno.

Enlightened thinking needs evidence, believing in something you invent is just superstition, magical thinking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_thinking

Edited by Orbister

It's possible, as mentioned before, that the idea is that the warframe itself is a host for the Tenno in a form of digital/spiritual aspect. Equally, the warframe are known to have their own "personalities" so a symbitoic relationship is verymuch possible. I rather like the idea of the Tenno being digital/spiritual entities while the warframes act as a form of body that they're able to inhabit, and there's at least one (very good) theory going round saying that the Tenno are a form of posthumanity society.

Might be worth looking into if you've not encountered it btw, I think there'll be a lot of overlap if you like the theory in this thread

I take the warframes as being a form of symbiote that focuses the power of a tenno and protects their body from harm. No reason that the frames can't be a living thing themselves. Nothing quite so blatant as Venom; but still a living thing; likely feeding off a fraction our void energy.

So I noticed that the Lotus says something peculiar when fighting the Infested Mesa:

That's not a Tenno. That's a hollow Warframe being puppeted by Infested flesh. Put it out of its misery.

So the Tenno inhabit the Warframes (implied by hollow). What I find very interesting is that the Lotus says  Put it out of its misery. 

Can this mean that the Warframes themselves are organisms, alive? This could mean that the Tenno and the Warframes have a kind of symbiotic relationship, or could be simply just something the Lotus said.

What do you think? Discuss, please, and keep it civil and on-topic! :)

My theory is, and will remain:

Warframes are individual constructs of biotech and technocyte piloted by the digital spirit I call Tenno.

Switching from Excalibur to Loki for example is a simple case of data transfer.

This also covers the recurring question of Warframe gender, male or female Frame doesn't matter as they are just 'hollow vessels' to be controlled as required by the individual user, or Tenno.

Fail a mission, run out of revives? You earn no XP because this particular vessel didn't return to impart it's new wisdom. Restore from backup and try again, Tenno.

I could go into greater detail, but I'm sure you get the general idea.

This is my theory, there are many like it but this one is mine. 

I have convinced myself of this several months ago, and will keep doing so until we are given better info.

I think a Warframe is partially alive and that it has some sort of "latent" personality (think for example at the screaming angry Valkyr). The Tenno "inhabits" the Warframe and is in 100% control, but both physically and mentally it is complemented and completed by the Warframe.

I think it is true symbiosis. The Tenno isn't complete without Warframe, and the Warframe isn't complete without Tenno.

Reminds of me of the Fallout new Vegas DLC: Old world blues. Where you would receive a suit with integrated AI that would talk to you.

Not exactly an organism, But an armor with consciousness.

If you folks are interested in discussing the ramifications for them as a culture and the context around it, here is a Theory thread I made discussing the matter.

Currently, disregarding the greater implications for Tenno society, my own theories are along these lines; namely, as a Tenno masters a Warframe the two 'entities' of Tenno and Warframe approach towards a Gestalt existence, so that if they leave and then reoccupy the Warframe, it's always at its best capabilities.

Each Warframe has a base 'persona' per its Series, and a Tenno has some control over which expressions they have (Noble/Agile), helping further forge their Tenno identity across multiple Warframes. This also leads to the necessity to have a form of identification distinct from a Warframe only reference.

Oh and I always did like the Stealth Suit. She was nice.

"Shall I help you hide?"

I love these threads...

If you played Dark Sector the conclusion is that: the Tenno have a symbiotic relationship with their Warframes.

Playing the game give me the conclusion that the Tenno could be humans at some point or not, same as Hayden, and the suit/Warframe is an evolution of the technocyte virus over the subject, meaning that the Warframes are alive too.

In terms to which point the Warframe consciousness reach or to which point reach the relation between Tenno and Frame is unknown.

My theory is, and will remain:

Warframes are individual constructs of biotech and technocyte piloted by the digital spirit I call Tenno.

Switching from Excalibur to Loki for example is a simple case of data transfer.

This also covers the recurring question of Warframe gender, male or female Frame doesn't matter as they are just 'hollow vessels' to be controlled as required by the individual user, or Tenno.

Fail a mission, run out of revives? You earn no XP because this particular vessel didn't return to impart it's new wisdom. Restore from backup and try again, Tenno.

I could go into greater detail, but I'm sure you get the general idea.

This is my theory, there are many like it but this one is mine.

So then what's your take on Warframe Cryopods during Defense missions? They contain people, and have the Lotus symbol on their visor.

So then what's your take on Warframe Cryopods during Defense missions? They contain people, and have the Lotus symbol on their visor.

These people may not necessarily be Tenno, but either agents of the Lotus or sympathisers during the Orokin Era. Considering the current Vesper Relay seems to have a lot of these folks working sentry duty, it'd be strange to have non-Warframed Tenno just waltzing around in a public area.

Especially if we're taking into account that Void exposure is something that can have...detrimental effects in an environment without suitable countermeasures. Again, it is possible the Warframes also serve as a means to quarantine the Tenno from civilians as much as the harsh conditions of warfare.

Just a possibility.

Enlightened thinking needs evidence, believing in something you invent is just superstition, magical thinking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_thinking

So the Tenno are instead drawn into magical thinking rather than immature thinking? Gotcha. I'm no expert on this. :P I was saying that once they take a stand and start to fight for themselves as their own faction then they will begin to enter into enlightened thinking. 

I wonder, if the Sentients could reverse engineer orokin tech, why couldn't they do that for the Warframes?

The Sentients could control all technology, and since Warframes and Infested were organic, the Orokin used them to try and fight the war.

So the suit being organic is viable. As a side note, DE already said the Lotus can in fact be trusted.

+1 for paying attention.

About the "put it out of it's misery".... I don't think this is to be taken literally. You could also say that about a old car or something.

IF the warframes are an organism, the relation between tenno and warframe might be some kind of symbiosis.

interesting... but after all, all we can do is speculate.

Symbiot?

art-spiderman-Venom-892546.jpeg

I like to believe that the tenno are all unique individuals all with their own abilities. The warframe just enhances/extends the individuals skills and durability. Im thinking they didn't have a ton of the same frames which is why there are always new ones.

They don't jump from frame to frame, the frame is built for that individual tenno. For the purpose of it being a video game WE jump from frame to frame. So the gender changes for us not them. The shape of the frame seems to vary depending on their gender and possible deformity from the infection.

I believe the tenno are all carriers of the tennocyte virus and gained these abilities as a result of it. Which is why the sentients couldn't use it against the orokin possibly because it couldn't be replicated. But of course Alad v chopped them up and used it against us... an idea I never cared for.

But that's just my take on it or what I'd like it to be.

The Lotus lead the Tenno in the war against the sentients lead them in rebellion, tried to comfort Mirage when she was being overrun. As an AI she will love absolutely and hate absolutely. Anything a threat to the Tenno as a whole as the Orokin were will end by the blades and guns of the Tenno. She is probably the only dedicated ally we Tenno have.

Edited by (XB1)l Forthencho l

Dont forget Rhino Codex.

Tenno were once humans from the ship Zariman.

But the warframes themselves? Raging animalistic creatures, if the reasoning that the beast in the Codex is in fact a warframe, not a mutant Tenno.

A hollowed out bio-tech organism, connected to the Tenno occupant.

Ancestral memory and onboard CPU with memory drives = Warframe?

She was talking about the infested inhabiting the Warframe. Also, we already know that warframes are suits. It's been confirmed multiple times in-game by various codex entires, Lotus and even Vor.

Also when Ordis says for the operator to be careful when wearing the Limbo Warframe.

I have convinced myself of this several months ago, and will keep doing so until we are given better info.

I think a Warframe is partially alive and that it has some sort of "latent" personality (think for example at the screaming angry Valkyr). The Tenno "inhabits" the Warframe and is in 100% control, but both physically and mentally it is complemented and completed by the Warframe.

I think it is true symbiosis. The Tenno isn't complete without Warframe, and the Warframe isn't complete without Tenno.

Rhino Prime entry seems to point to this: Ranpaging creature charges and gores people, roars. Becomes docile when near Tenno. Tenno can't control their powers, like the little girl who badly disfigures the officer. Wild suit, boundless occupant. Tenno controls the Warframe's feral will, the Warframe focuses a Tenno's powers.