The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Glaive Blueprint? Fine, No Support From Me.

Sikab

But, yeah.  If the playerbase knows the alert system isn't good, and DE knows we know it isn't good, it would make sense not to compound the issue by keep dropping new items into its reward pool, eh?  As many have suggested, make it like Banshee BP, dropped at high level defense reward.  OR EVEN BETTER!!!  The glaive has THREE (3) blades right?!?!  Sell the master glaive BP in market, and it will need 3 "blade" BPs!  Copy the Banshee BP drop locations and make all 3 drop at those places! (what were they?  2 drop at defense, 1 at M prime?)  Problem solved!  Now we have a new weapon that will take a heck of a lot of time and effort to gather and make!  Don't like all that effort?  Buy it with plat!  At least then we can circumvent the god-awful alert system!

I wouldn't recommend putting it in the same pool as the Banshee Blueprints, as it would just lower the drop rate for both of them. When you add a item to a drop pool, you always reduce the odds of getting anything else; and as it stands now, (that I'm awake without a headache.) I won't be getting the plasma sword any sooner, as the chances of me getting it are now contending with the Glaive.

Srsly.. when the first Glaive Alert hit most of he people whining here don't say another word about the Topic anways and even forget how evil mean and bad in their opinion the alert only release of the galive was. The only ones that will keep going are the people who missed the alert... and again after the next one even they shut up.

The problem right now is that you WANT IT NOW but can only have it now for plat... or you have to wait until the Alert hits. And that's how f2p games do things! Want it fast? Pay up!

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, but to my knowledge there hasn't been a Glaive Alert yet so the topic didn't die down because of that. So unless you can prove to me (and break my suspense on waiting for the Glaive.) say when this alert was, as I don't see it on Twitter, and I've yet to see a mystery alert that dropped it.

Edit: Raising the thread from the dead just to continue slapping someone who is no longer following it, is not a good idea if you want to see the thread die. As it is now back on track for becoming a S#&$storm like it was on Friday, which was not pleasant in any way. (And it just started to become reasonable too.)

Edited by SagamiYusuke

I wouldn't recommend putting it in the same pool as the Banshee Blueprints, as it would just lower the drop rate for both of them. When you add a item to a drop pool, you always reduce the odds of getting anything else; and as it stands now, (that I'm awake without a headache.) I won't be getting the plasma sword any sooner, as the chances of me getting it are now contending with the Glaive.

Which is why we see yet again the Random Number Generation systems are a broken mechanic across any game. There should always be some form of backstop for people who just aren't lucky. It doesn't have to be an easy backstop to reach but at some point if all the RNG is giving you is lemons, there should be the option to make maybe a shot glass of lemonade out of it. Trading is one such system...but that brings its own rather nasty issues (I'd give you my extra Plasma Sword BP if I could Sagami... maybe for a Banshee helmet or chassi if you had those ;) ).

Edited by Brasten

Srsly.. when the first Glaive Alert hit most of he people whining here don't say another word about the Topic anways and even forget how evil mean and bad in their opinion the alert only release of the galive was. The only ones that will keep going are the people who missed the alert... and again after the next one even they shut up.

The problem right now is that you WANT IT NOW but can only have it now for plat... or you have to wait until the Alert hits. And that's how f2p games do things! Want it fast? Pay up!

And you don't see the issue with how arbitrary the god of luck shines upon some fraction of unsuspecting players, while other wallows in self-pity at their misfortune, through no fault of their own?

Just because people who finally get it will be content and not complain about the SYSTEM anymore, doesn't mean the system is suddenly OKAY.  It is flawed.  It needs change... eventually.  Like I said, we already have a system with the Banshee blueprints that DE has tested out on the playerbase, and it seems overall, most people are ok with it, even those who took a long time to farm them and those who still haven't gotten them.  Make the Glaive bp drop like the Banshee bp, or if you (or DE) thinks that's a bit too common... tweak the numbers and make the drops EVEN RARER.  Point is: arbitrary alerts are bad, something for players to work towards is better (even though still RNG).

Which is why we see yet again the Random Number Generation systems are a broken mechanic across any game. There should always be some form of backstop for people who just aren't luck. It doesn't have to be an easy backstop to reach but at some point if all the RNG is giving you is lemons, there should be the option to make maybe a shot glass of lemonade out of it. Trading is one such system...but that brings its own rather nasty issues (I'd give you my extra Plasma Sword BP if I could Sagami... maybe for a Banshee helmet or chassi if you had those ;) ).

Run M Prime! It seems to drop the Chassis for a lot of people, and I got mine there after just a few runs. It's a pretty quick run, too.

I pretty much fully agree with Gestalt.

The difference between a paying and a F2P player's uniquely acquirable items should be Cosmetic.

Your opinions on successful versus unsuccessful cash shops is a subjective one, and while I appreciate your opinion here (and agree with a large part of it in principle) it's not the only way to go whatsoever if one examines the problem more liberally.  Simply including mechanical options in the shop is not instantly a P2W structure either before that gets brought back into the discussion.  

I personally like that the Skins have mechanical weight, so we can experiment with weapon variations along with weapon looks.  Those skins and minor stat changes are far easier for them to produce into the game over full creations and that alone means if they want to give me 5 flavours of Fragor?  I'll take vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, pistachio and tiger thanks. ;)

Yes, sorry, your paraphrasing is exactly what I meant.  I'm not too good with words but needlessly wordy* at times -_-

And I knew I was going out on a limb when saying F2P cashshop that's purely cosmetic is most successful (counter example: MapleStory).  I'm more just going off of TF2's and LoL's examples.  Also, just my frustration at DE not throwing TONS of skins in our faces for 10 or 15 plat each.  They don't have to be completely different (warframe models are high fidelity and totally detailed and stylish, so I'm not saying it takes the same amount of time and resources to make skins in this game when compared to the 8bit LoL characters or TF2's.... >HATS<); they can be say for the Snipetron, one with a sweet scope, one with a laser sight, one with Corpus symbols scribbled all over it, etc.

I don't have an innate problem with "skins with mechanical weight" (sounds strange the way you put it O_o; but true).  Just lamenting lost opportunities here where they could put in a lot more slightly varied skins, models, color options (I'm waiting for individual limbs with separate color options; for plat of course), again at a lower price, so to encourage impulse buy (in a good sense :3).

TL;DR: Agree with pretty much everything you said.  "Adjusted" my stance accordingly.  

Yeah, that was just my suggestion in general, without working out the details.  They can take out an item in the pool to replace it with Glaive bp.  Or better, make it drop off Pluto Raids/Spys Etc.  So it doesn't conflict with Banshee BP.  If they/we think it's too hard, they can tweak the drop rate/place.  Too easy, tweak too.
Edited by Gestalt

Going into the platinum/F2P cashshop issue, it's a bit odd, if I am to be honest. The devs seem to believe that people want to buy power based on their comments in a livestream, I think? (Take that with a big grain of salts; I vaguely remember hearing something along those lines - that people want to buy power rather than cosmetics - but I'm not 100% sure and it may very well have been forum hearsay.)

But it seems that buying power accomplishes more in PvP oriented games, where you can show off that power by beating other players. I'm not sure that's necessarily the case in a PvE environment, so the devs might want to rethink their approach. Cosmetics seem to work better in PvE environments.

Those are just my thoughts, though. Of course I am in no way superior to DE's market research, haha.

Edited by Quetzhal

I think it's more fun and exciting if there a weapon that can only be acquire from an Alert Mission. The game would be very boring if all weapons can easily be made from blueprint that you buy in a store. Making a Blue print of a weapon acquirable from mission reward adds to the excitement. It also makes you feel like you actually accomplished something great rather than just buying the blueprint from store, forging it and claiming it.

DE doesn't give you what you want so you cry about it? Pretty childish.

More like "DE gives you exactly what you want then makes it so that there is little to no chance you can get it unless you give them money, so pay up, goyim."

I honestly don't know how so many people can't figure out what the problem is when this is easily one of the most obvious moneygrabs I've ever seen.

DE doesn't give you what you want so you cry about it? Pretty childish.

I think this thread has had quite enough of these posts. Blanket statements like that do nothing constructive.

I think it's more fun and exciting if there a weapon that can only be acquire from an Alert Mission. The game would be very boring if all weapons can easily be made from blueprint that you buy in a store. Making a Blue print of a weapon acquirable from mission reward adds to the excitement. It also makes you feel like you actually accomplished something great rather than just buying the blueprint from store, forging it and claiming it.

This is a fair opinion, but I disagree. You do not accomplish anything great by being online in the right place and at the right time; it is pure luck. Accomplishing something great is, say, getting it as a reward for wave 50 of Endless Defense. Many people wish for the Glaive to be awarded through effort, rather than luck, as in the case of alerts - the blueprint doesn't necessarily have to be available in the shop.

Thank you for your feedback nonetheless, it's at least constructive. :)

Going into the platinum/F2P cashshop issue, it's a bit odd, if I am to be honest. The devs seem to believe that people want to buy power based on their comments in a livestream, I think? But it seems that buying power accomplishes more in PvP oriented games, where you can show off that power by beating other players. I'm not sure that's necessarily the case in a PvE environment, so the devs might want to rethink their approach. Cosmetics seem to work better in PvE environments.

Those are just my thoughts, though. Of course I am in no way superior to DE's market research, haha.

Where did they say that on the livestream?  I wana rewatch that now... And while there's no strict PvP in the game atm, I would say the damage score and kill count at the end of the mission is pretty competitive.  I know I feel like crap when I'm getting 8% or...2.

Oh and I agree with your points in null's thread (the one with the Debut is Bad/Good), so we're even >:3

More like "DE gives you exactly what you want then makes it so that there is little to no chance you can get it unless you give them money, so pay up, goyim."

I honestly don't know how so many people can't figure out what the problem is when this is easily one of the most obvious moneygrabs I've ever seen.

The thing is, DE might not have been aware that they were doing it. Development teams are typically split, so while DE_Steve and DERebecca might have known about the Glaive hype, the financial team and/or whoever was deciding how the Glaive would come out might not have known about it, and made the decision separately. It's in light of that information that I'm giving DE the benefit of the doubt, as they've always been fair to players.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think they released it in the right way at all. I just think there's reason to at least wait and see how DE wants to resolve the issue. :)

Alerts are pretty easy.

Where did they say that on the livestream?  I wana rewatch that now... And while there's no strict PvP in the game atm, I would say the damage score and kill count at the end of the mission is pretty competitive.  I know I feel like crap when I'm getting 8% or...2.

Oh and I agree with your points in null's thread (the one with the Debut is Bad/Good), so we're even >:3

It's not in the latest one, I think, but I could've sworn I heard something about that somewhere. Might have been in the one before that, might have been hearsay, so take that comment with a big grain of salt, haha. If that's their marketing strategy, I think that needs to change. I'll go edit my post to make it clearer. I don't want to accidentally slander DE. XD

And I'm glad! I wasn't sure if I had worded things right there.

To be fair, I don't think it should be seen as a "money grab."  

On the other hand, I don't think too many people would argue that this is DE "testing the water" for releasing items in a new way.  We don't know how much money they're making (or, more than likely, hemorrhaging) with Warframe at this moment.  

Again, I just wish they would explore more options in terms of cosmetic sales, as opposed to keep on utilizing the alert system.

Considering the subtitle of the update was "The most anticipated weapon yet", I think it's pretty fair to say that at least a good chunk of DE was well aware of the anticipation surrounding the Glaive.

Perhaps, perhaps not and it was just written by those that did know about it. Like I said, I'm just willing to give DE the benefit of the doubt.

Considering the subtitle of the update was "The most anticipated weapon yet", I think it's pretty fair to say that at least a good chunk of DE was well aware of the anticipation surrounding the Glaive.

yea thats pretty bull if they said that and made it platinum exclusive