Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Here Has Played "the Evil Within"?

BarbatosLR

trailer -> http://youtu.be/nxlo67zhOWc

So I bought The Evil Within on black friday and played on with speakers on high, playing in the dark. The game is kinda scary yet a pretty good game. I'm on chapter 9 so far, nothing scary yet to come.

Mostly I thought it was gonna be like Alien Isolation or Silent Hill PT but it's still good in my opinion.

It was locked at 30fps.

Into the trash it goes. 

There's a console command to enable 60 fps...

Response to troll post aside...

I played it and it certainly was intense. I can't really be scared of a game but there were moments of dread in the game like "I have to deal with this freak/obstacle/randomhorriblething."

It's a good play.

There's a console command to enable 60 fps...

Response to troll post aside...

I played it and it certainly was intense. I can't really be scared of a game but there were moments of dread in the game like "I have to deal with this freak/obstacle/randomhorriblething."

It's a good play.

Tell me about. Which boss fight was the hard one for ya? Mine was the Locker-Head guy.Have-some-delightfully-scary-new-Screens

Have you gotten to the second area with the Keeper? Hardest part of the game to me besides the underwater things in the open city...

Haven't done the whole 9 chapter of it yet. Why, what did you have to do-- NO WAIT DON'T TELL ME ANYMORE! Sorry I just don't want any spoilers until I clear the chapter but when I get pass that part of yours I'll let you know ;)

Played it.

A well made game.

Delves into 3 different kinds of horror sub-genres:
Psychological horror -

Gore-fest horror - Tons of gore all over the place, not played for horror and scares but it is instead there to cause disturbing images and make you feel un-comfortable.

Survival horror - It's Shinji Mikami's work, you know it's going to be a true Survival Horror experience. 

It does well in all 3 categories.

Whoever expects another resident evil game is going into it with a wrong mindset as this game doesn't try to be RE, it instead tries to be its own game

I liked it, actually. Gameplay was fairly simple yet engaging, atmosphere was quite good, and the story was intriguing, though the ending was confusing.

As an added bonus, Claude Debussy's "Claire de Lune" is now extremely comforting, since it always plays when you're close to a mirror.