Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Recruiting/discussion] Prisoners Of War

SpaceHelicopters

I might consider on joining in on this RP. I might use a character already made, to make things a bit convenient, for myself. But then again writing another character could be good fun. Just don't want to swamp myself with multiple threads and characters as it is.

I'm leaning to the established character option. Already gives me something to work off of. But we'll see.

Becareful about doing that. Use the same character in too many threads and it starts rubbing people the wrong way.

I know about that. I mean, I've dogged you on it, but well... I haven't done this myself.

However the thing about bringing different characters might break the lore of different RP's, which is a thing I'm a bit afraid of...

That aside, I have a question - Do prisoners get their own jumpsuits provided by the Warden and facility? Or is it the characters custom jumpsuit? (ex. An orange regulation jumpsuit from the facility compared to a black padded under-suit of a Corpus Crewman etc.)?

Edited by Zeus154

-snip-

That aside, I have a question - Do prisoners get their own jumpsuits provided by the Warden and facility? Or is it the characters custom jumpsuit? (ex. An orange regulation jumpsuit from the facility compared to a black padded under-suit of a Corpus Crewman etc.)?

All prisoners will be equipped with only the finest jumpsuits made out of prison-grade nano fibers. There are special devices built in that prevent the wearer from gaining energy required to cast abilities or create shields, and will emit a signal if they are tampered with, resulting in a nasty shock and a visit from your friendly, neighborhood prison guards who will kindly offer advice regarding tampering with the jumpsuits. These fashionable suits are skin-tight, come with a whopping two pockets, and a slimming black color. They even come with a silver monogram of your own private bar-code, as well as the name of the prison in the Corpus language.

For the sake of convenience, this thread can take place in a separate timeline. I understand that we can become attached to our OC's and that it can be hard to come up with new ones. All I ask is that you don't make your OC practically invincible, or give them a super specific Achilles heel. They can, and most likely will be overpowered by the guards at some point.

Edited by SpaceHelicopters

For the sake of convenience, this thread can take place in a separate timeline. I understand that we can become attached to our OC's and that it can be hard to come up with new ones. All I ask is that you don't make your OC practically invincible, or give them a super specific Achilles heel. They can, and most likely will be overpowered by the guards at some point.

I personally do not mind, as my character (who is currently in Crashed Pod) is now in limbo, so I could probably just continue on from there, by way of the first post. 

Wonder if Umbra gets prison outfit his custom-made. He can't take off his Warframe without extremely precise surgical tools, and clumsy surgery would most likely put him into critical condition.

Maybe the Corpus'll just skimp on the costs and attach an inhibition collar or Left Bracer of Magicka drain or something, but that's just wishful thinking. They'll probably try to remove the 'frame.

All prisoners will be equipped with only the finest jumpsuits made out of prison-grade nano fibers. There are special devices built in that prevent the wearer from gaining energy required to cast abilities or create shields, and will emit a signal if they are tampered with, resulting in a nasty shock and a visit from your friendly, neighborhood prison guards who will kindly offer advice regarding tampering with the jumpsuits. These fashionable suits are skin-tight, come with a whopping two pockets, and a slimming black color. They even come with a silver monogram of your own private bar-code, as well as the name of the prison in the Corpus language.

Hmmm....

This'll be interesting. Now we just need some guards.

Umbra would probably obey the rules. To an extent. He'd probably follow the rules enough to find loopholes around everything and somehow end up as the Warden, or, worst-case scenario, leading the Tenno.

BEWARE, ORIGIN SYSTEM! YOUR EVIL OVERLORD UMBRA HAS ARRIVED!
I accept tributes in chocolate and Stalker attacks. :3

...nah, that'd be too silly. He'd spend most of the time sleeping.

Umbra would probably obey the rules. To an extent. He'd probably follow the rules enough to find loopholes around everything and somehow end up as the Warden, or, worst-case scenario, leading the Tenno.

BEWARE, ORIGIN SYSTEM! YOUR EVIL OVERLORD UMBRA HAS ARRIVED!

I accept tributes in chocolate and Stalker attacks. :3

Meanwhile, Elog would probably be scheming to try and break out, most likely with no witness. 

About NPC's:

NPC's are character's that I control. These characters can be inmates, Prison Guards, and the Warden. You can develop relationships with any NPC except the Warden. I will use an RNG to set your starting relationships to certain NPCs, however with a little work, you can easily change someone's opinion of you.

Inmate NPC's with a high opinion of you will randomly sneak you gifts, will be more willing to do favors for you, be more open to finding you stuff, come to your aid in a fight, assist you in taking out another inmate, and even help in your escape. Inmates with a low opinion of you will tell on you to the guards, randomly pick fights with you, get you in trouble with the guards or other inmates, steal from you, and can foil your escape attempts.

Guards with a high opinion of you can sneak you items, keep your enemies in line, turn a blind eye to some of your actions, cover for you if you're late to a role call, and can end your public beating early. Guards with a low opinion of you will constantly keep an eye on you, plant evidence on you so that they have a reason to beat you, attempt to associate you with failed/successful escape attempts, and even harass your friends. No matter what opinion they have of you, guards will never assist in aiding your escape and will not hesitate to bust you. Guards with a high opinion of you may not report your escape attempt, but from then on they will no longer associate with you.

The warden's opinion of you will never change. He will keep a neutral opinion of you, but can be swayed by his subordinates. The warden is in charge of punishments and leads information harvesting. He also decides how often shakedowns and other events happen.

I think this answers the guard question, don't you?

Then again, how many guards could he/she play?

And he/she did say this: 

That means we can be a prison guard if we so choose. 

We can't be prison guards (well those of us who was here before anyway) People would only be able to chooce prisson guard when a certain quota of people playing prisoners had been filled.

We can't be prison guards (well those of us who was here before anyway) People would only be able to chooce prisson guard when a certain quota of people playing prisoners had been filled.

But Space did allow me to choose between prison guard or prisoner, for one, while there were only around two or three members wanting to join, (which I do not think would be his desired quota [i would be guessing five, but I am just puffing smoke right now]). 

Preparing the final details for the IC thread, so please bear with me.

After some debate, I have decided to add a job office to the ship. All inmates will report in during the work period and perform specific tasks, such as general ship cleaning, or assisting in weapons or proxy construction. The two construction areas will search you upon entrance and exit of the facility, however guards could be 'convinced' to 'accidentally' forget to frisk you. You will be assigned a guard to monitor you as you work, making it difficult to sneak supplies, but not impossible. These one-on-one times with the guards make wonderful chances to get on their good sides.  When it comes to stealing supplies from your work places, maintenance workers will notice when tools disappear and will report to their superiors, resulting in punishment if it's traced back to you. 

Also, if you'd like, you can choose to have been in the prison for a bit. If you decide to have a history with the prison, I'll use an RNG to give you one trait. These traits will give you some sort of a relationship with the NPC's aboard the prison ship that can be negative or positive. People could come up to you for a certain task, rewarding you with prison rep and some sort of additional reward. Guards might not like your face, meaning that they'd look for reasons to hit you. 

If you decide not to have a history, you will get to Rp your arrival aboard the ship. Being searched, passing through processing, and suffering through decontamination.