Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Features I Personally Think Warframe Could Use. Note: This Is An Opinion, And Everyone Has A Different Opinion.

Gloonkey

Okay, so I think that there's a lot of features missing from Warframe that I think it could use. Here is a list of some of them. I was able to find pictures for a few, but not all.

1. New UI: Warframe's current UI is really nice, and all, but it doesnt look sleek, cool, or futuristic enough.

2. No Chronologic loopholes: I find the fact that you can fight Captain Vor and Corrupted Vor, or Alad V and Mutalist Alad V without some sort of Time Machine, or a different region seems a bit fishy to me.

3. Make platinum a reward on special occasions: I say this because too many people are complaining they don't have any platinum, and it would make sense for DE to say "Hey, it's Xmas today, let's give everyone, say, oh, 20 promotional platinum" so that it would be usable for any items you want to buy, but it won't screw up the Trading system.

4. Voices: I find it a bit strange that at the Grineer checkpoints and space roadblocks on the radio they speak English in a grunting, deep voice, yet when you go into their base, they speak Grineer with a high-ish voice. If DE is going to make them speak in different tones, then at LEAST alter the language.

5. Radio: Digital Extremes recently hosted a contest for Radio voice acting, about a month or so ago, yet they still havent inserted that into the game. Also, why don't we have any Corpus voice acting, or anything that references the Corrupted?

6. Different Syndicate Specters: Every time the Red Veil attacks me with their Eximus Chargers, I think to myself: Where the f**k did the RV get Chargers from? I thought they used HUMAN ASSASSINS? I think it would be a lot more lore friendly if DE replaced these Specters with actual proper troopers from each Syndicate, instead of these stupid placeholders.

7. Testable Weapons: I feel like players are missing out on something when they go into the Codex to look at that Lanka they havent got yet, or that Scoliac they really want, and yet they can only look at it and dream. It would be much better if they could click Test, and be transported to some sort of VR environment, kind of like the ones you see in mastery rank tests, with different enemy types spawning, with a little terminal to mod the weapon for builds, and field test it against enemies. The same goes for Warframes, even though they arent really that good for Testing, you could always test out builds in VR, however, you can only test one weapon/warframe at a time, so you can't test Trinity and Glaive Prime together if you havent got at least one of them. You should also be able to test Weapons and Warframes you already have, which sounds strange, but if you have a rank 3 Opticor, and you want to try it out at rank 30, then you could alter the rank via the terminal. I also back up this opinion by stating that allowing players to test out these weapons will allow them to ask themselves if it's worth spending the Platinum/Resources on the weapon.

8. Friendly Syndicate Transmissions: Whenever I go to my Syndicate Terminal on my Liset to buy some Rollers from Steel Meridian, or that new Sigil from Cephalon Suda, I don't get any transmissions for them when I click on their logo, only when I click on Offers, or New Title. This kind of irks me, because the hostile syndicates will speak to you when you first click on their logo. I am also disappointed at the syndicate missions, as the Lotus is the one sending transmissions in the mission, such as "You were spotted, Tenno." or "Warning, Heavy Grineer detected" I think that instead of the Lotus sending transmissions, it should be the syndicate you're working for, so for example, if I were doing an Exterminate for the Arbiters of Hexis, and you got detected, they would say "They have seen you, show them the truth." The only good thing about Syndicate missions is the transmission at the start, which I think DE should keep or edit, as it does add a small amount of flavor to those missions, despite their generic nature, which brings me to the next feature.

9. Improved Syndicate Missions: Whenever I hop into a Syndicate mission, and I start blasting, I feel disappointed, that I am killing Grineer/Corpus/Infested, rather than the enemy of the Syndicate I am working for. I think that instead of fighting regular enemies, we should be battling the arch enemy of the Syndicate you are affiliated with on that mission, EG: If you are doing a Sabotage mission for Cephalon Suda, you go to an Earthlike Tileset to suit New Loka's theme, killing New Loka human personell, and instead of a Reactor, or Mining Engine, you are destroying a Life Support machine that is bringing life to the Forest.

10. More high-level content: Many veterans have stated in the past (EG: PotatoPowered) that there isnt enough high-level content in Warframe at the moment, and I completely agree with them, being a veteran myself. Whenever DE adds some new content, it is almost ALWAYS balanced out for low-level players, so, for example, when Once Awake came out, I was expecting some sort of epic quest where the Grineer are developing some sort of evil nuke to use on the Corpus. When I found out it was the Infested, it was sort of like an epic plot twist, but because the enemies were so damn low-level, it became a generic Infested Outbreak mission in Alert form, and for all my time spent on that quest, I got a Heat Sword Blueprint. A fricking Heat Sword, one of the WORST melee weapons in the game. I appreciate DE is doing all they can for us, they are patching, making PS4, Xbone, as well as PC, and I am really happy about the recent update which introduced those new enemies and Mutalist Alad V, because it makes me think DE is starting to go the right way now, but what I would really like is something like a high level raid, like a Void mission where it starts off like an Exterminate, but as you go through the level, enemies get higher and higher in level, and you can go to Extraction after a certain amount of enemy tiers are dead, sort of like Survival, but with kills rather than time, and as you scale through the mission, there's more and more enemies, until a point where you literally have to start using Recruiting chat and coordinating with your team using something like a Mumble or Teamspeak, until you reach a huge, level 50+ boss who is extremely hard to beat, and when he dies, drops epic loot, sort of like the Raid Bosses in Borderlands. If DE inserted something like that, it would make the game significantly deeper.

That's all the opinions I can give at the moment, and remember, these are just opinions, feel free to chip in with your own, and I hope you enjoyed my point of view :)

6. Different Syndicate Specters: Every time the Red Veil attacks me with their Eximus Chargers, I think to myself: Where the f**k did the RV get Chargers from? I thought they used HUMAN ASSASSINS? I think it would be a lot more lore friendly if DE replaced these Specters with actual proper troopers from each Syndicate, instead of these stupid placeholders.

It would be nice if the death squads were customised to the syndicates and if they drop some rewards too.

7. Testable Weapons: I feel like players are missing out on something when they go into the Codex to look at that Lanka they havent got yet, or that Scoliac they really want, and yet they can only look at it and dream. It would be much better if they could click Test, and be transported to some sort of VR environment, kind of like the ones you see in mastery rank tests, with different enemy types spawning, with a little terminal to mod the weapon for builds, and field test it against enemies. The same goes for Warframes, even though they arent really that good for Testing, you could always test out builds in VR, however, you can only test one weapon/warframe at a time, so you can't test Trinity and Glaive Prime together if you havent got at least one of them. You should also be able to test Weapons and Warframes you already have, which sounds strange, but if you have a rank 3 Opticor, and you want to try it out at rank 30, then you could alter the rank via the terminal. I also back up this opinion by stating that allowing players to test out these weapons will allow them to ask themselves if it's worth spending the Platinum/Resources on the weapon.

In one of the primetimes, rebecca and megan had a test room where they fought against different enemies..it would be nice if DE can add that room to the dojo..so we can try out different weapons against different enemies and if you like it, spend time farming it

Edited by democrator

Okay, I'll try to address some of these, I'll leave what I feel are personal to the OP.

2. No Chronologic loopholes: I find the fact that you can fight Captain Vor and Corrupted Vor, or Alad V and Mutalist Alad V without some sort of Time Machine, or a different region seems a bit fishy to me.

Since I'm guessing that DE is trying to fix up the early game since before once you were done with the tutorial, that's it, you're on your own, starting on Mercury with no objective or goal.  To me, that's perfectly fine since I don't need my hand being held while playing a game.  But, since more and more games almost demand that you should be held like a baby trying to crawl, I guess DE thought appropriate to do something along the lines of such.

With that being said, it would make sense to new or not-as-seasoned players to see that transition from Cpt Seagull Vor to the Corrupted Vor lore-wise when they themselves are improving.  Same deal with Salad 5 and Moldy Salad.  Sure, this will be weird to old players, but to really address this as an issue, all bosses are only allowed to live once per player.  It'll screw up how farming is done and then limits the content.

As much as I understand that this feels like reusing existing bosses, it sorta is unavoidable with the lore that they have already set up.

To be honest, I'm fine with the specters that each syndicates use.  Red Veil, for example, using the chargers that like to play chase (or infested in general) makes sense since most cults in the lore of games use a sort of "cleansing fire" or some sort of "judgement."  Since the infested are basically beings that were infected with the technocyte virus same as the Tenno but could not control or handle it, it makes sense to use it as some sort of judgement.  Think of Wesker from Resident Evil.  But I will say this, while I like the idea of the specters themselves having a reason to be what they are, I would like to see something more unique than just some eximus units.  Make them an actual threat by making the squad behave more like the Hyena Pack, just better.

This one is an iffy one for me.  I like the idea of being able to test the weapons, but at the same time I don't.  I feel as though allowing players to test weapons that are rank 30 might kill the joy or anticipation that they might have on the weapon, especially since it is the mods that makes the weapon, not the weapon itself.  If you're going to allow modding into the testing then it'd kill some of the joy of having to experiment with a weapon to see what one can do with it.

But at the same time, I would like to be able to test certain weapons to see how it feels, regardless of mods.

Again, this one is very iffy and I can't place my position on this.

9. Improved Syndicate Missions: Whenever I hop into a Syndicate mission, and I start blasting, I feel disappointed, that I am killing Grineer/Corpus/Infested, rather than the enemy of the Syndicate I am working for. I think that instead of fighting regular enemies, we should be battling the arch enemy of the Syndicate you are affiliated with on that mission, EG: If you are doing a Sabotage mission for Cephalon Suda, you go to an Earthlike Tileset to suit New Loka's theme, killing New Loka human personell, and instead of a Reactor, or Mining Engine, you are destroying a Life Support machine that is bringing life to the Forest.

As much as I'd like to see myself killing New Loka members, I would rather see affiliated Grineer or Corpus (or controlled infested in the case of Red Veil).  In fact, I'd also like to see some Tenno specters in there to mix it up a bit, like defending a rail except without all the mess with battle pay and whatnot.  Since sigils are implemented already, why not have a Grineer Napalm with a Perin Sequence sigil?  It would make sense to have the lesser affiliated to deal with the attacking syndicate rather than what seems to me like higher ranking members.

10. More high-level content: Many veterans have stated in the past (EG: PotatoPowered) that there isnt enough high-level content in Warframe at the moment, and I completely agree with them, being a veteran myself. Whenever DE adds some new content, it is almost ALWAYS balanced out for low-level players, so, for example, when Once Awake came out, I was expecting some sort of epic quest where the Grineer are developing some sort of evil nuke to use on the Corpus. When I found out it was the Infested, it was sort of like an epic plot twist, but because the enemies were so damn low-level, it became a generic Infested Outbreak mission in Alert form, and for all my time spent on that quest, I got a Heat Sword Blueprint. A fricking Heat Sword, one of the WORST melee weapons in the game. I appreciate DE is doing all they can for us, they are patching, making PS4, Xbone, as well as PC, and I am really happy about the recent update which introduced those new enemies and Mutalist Alad V, because it makes me think DE is starting to go the right way now, but what I would really like is something like a high level raid, like a Void mission where it starts off like an Exterminate, but as you go through the level, enemies get higher and higher in level, and you can go to Extraction after a certain amount of enemy tiers are dead, sort of like Survival, but with kills rather than time, and as you scale through the mission, there's more and more enemies, until a point where you literally have to start using Recruiting chat and coordinating with your team using something like a Mumble or Teamspeak, until you reach a huge, level 50+ boss who is extremely hard to beat, and when he dies, drops epic loot, sort of like the Raid Bosses in Borderlands. If DE inserted something like that, it would make the game significantly deeper.

Again, with the updates that DE has been rolling out, I believe that they are fixing up their early game to make it seem more attractive to new players.  I don't know if this is what their intentions are, but let's hope after this, they'll start sending in some stuff for the older veterans

IF,  a BIG FI! plat is made a special mission reward, how DE earn money?

the only thing cant be obtained by farming means is "slots & plats"

You can get plat by farming rare mods and prime parts then trading them.  Then use that plat to buy slots.  Everything can be gained through farming and trading.

Yes for the testing weapons, but just that. No R30/build/frame; otherwise, you'd be giving players too much.

Hell yes on new Syndicate enemies/Specters. Giving the death squads unique drops should also be implemented.

Giving that amount of plat for free (even if it's just 20), you'd kill DE's main income. First it'd be a "special" date, like Christmas. Then Easter will get free plat. Then New Year. Then the anniversary. And so on and so forth.

That mission type seems interesting, but for added difficulty there should be a limited time to kill a certain amount of enemies and go to the next stage.

To everyone who thinks that "If DE hands out platinum they won't make any money" I'm not saying they have to hand out 2 million platinum and a f*cking Primed Chamber. 20 platinum in PROMOTIONAL form is only enough to buy a frame slot or a weapon slot or two. And promotional platinum isnt even tradable, so I don't understand how it could ruin the game. Christmas, New Year, Easter, Anniversary. Thanksgiving. That's pretty much all the special occasions for WF.

As for testable Warframes, it's just to test out their abilities, and builds for them with mods you don't currently have. EG: If you don't have a Fleeting Expertise mod for that Nekros, you can test it out in the VR.

1: IDK I think it's fine personally.

2: What do you mean? You kill regular Vor canonically at Mercury in your first questline, then encounter his Void Ghost in Tower IV missions afterward. Returning to the cleared stages on Mercury is just typical videogame backtracking, no need to justify it in-universe.

3: Small plat rewards on special occasions like you suggested probably wouldn't be too bad, but it's still a little doubtful whether or not DE would be willing to do this kind of thing.

4: I think it's just that particular dispatch that has that voice, but prominent Grineer units speaking English isn't unheard of. That said, I am now imagining more voices being added into the random lines pool and possibly a few plain English lines as well, like before Grineer got its own language (then again, that was for in-universe reasons, but I could still see something like this happening with the Corpus).

5: There's been an idea floating around for radio lines changing based on what planet you're orbiting i.e. the dominant faction and/or boss determines what lines are used, but DE would need more time to record and implement these lines.

6: On one hand I see what you mean, but on the other hand some of the Specter units actually make a bit of sense. The idea isn't that it's an actual Syndicate agent you're sending out, just something that faction has weaponized, i.e. the Rollers being a sort of "attack dog" for Steel Meridian. That said, some faction-specific assassins or even Syndicate Mission assassinate/capture targets would be interesting, too, but that would be a long ways off.

7: For some reason I see this working with clan research weapons, not regular Market weapons. Might even have some sort of practice room you can add to your Dojo for regular target practice or test-running new weapons before funding research/buying.

8: Quite a few people have been asking for this, and I think it would be great. Nothing against the Lotus, but having an actual representative of your Syndicate serve as your Mission Control would make you feel more like a part of their agency, a bit more unique than just another servant of the Lotus.

9: I see the appeal here, but technically most of those factions would have plenty of reason to oppose the Infested/Grineer/Corpus, but as I mentioned I wouldn't mind seeing Capture/Assassinate missions where your target is a new unit based on the opposing Syndicate.

10: I know what you mean. There have been some great ideas here for high-level campaigns (search Secrets of the Void or Orokin Citadel for good examples), but I guess DE doesn't want to alienate potential new players too much with content they can't have unless they pay a lot of Plat or grind several hours to be able to achieve. I'm sure it's possible to add new content for late-game players with tact, it just needs to be done already is all.

Cobalt313, for the second reason, I am agitated by the fact that Captain Vor and Corrupted Vor exist at the same time, and can be fought at the same time in the real world, when Corrupted Vor is a much later version. It feels like it screws up the lore a lot.

Cobalt313, for the second reason, I am agitated by the fact that Captain Vor and Corrupted Vor exist at the same time, and can be fought at the same time in the real world, when Corrupted Vor is a much later version. It feels like it screws up the lore a lot.

I think it's that canonically whenever you clear a mission/planet of its base mission it's all over at that point until an event, alert, or conflict breaks out there, and any replay of a mission you've beaten already is considered non-canon video game replaying.

Either way, how else would you propose we grind bosses for our new Frames if not simply re-play the mission we first fought them in?

TLDR. Sry.

EDIT: Actually scratch that. I finally took the time to read through that textwall and I agree.

Syndicate Death squads need to have their own unique model. I mean, why does New Loka send twisted abhorrations (ancients) after us if they want us to be pure.

Edited by TheKingOfAllNoobs