Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stat Consideration: Another Armor Buff

Anatolius

Yep

That is right, I am calling for another armor buff across the board for all frames minus Valkyr.

As armor stands its rather lackluster to every frame that isnt Valkyr. Armor is something that reduces the impact done to health by certain types of damage. Problem is, enemies, which I will stop at Pluto with 30-36 and not go into the endless content, will still chew through your health with much gusto if you arent Valkyr.

Also, due to this, there is not as much viability or choice to go with a health tank, because you will most likely die anyway unless your abilities can really pick up the slack, with only Rhino, Frost and Sayrn being able to do this.Valkyr's armor buff from warcry is only useful for herself because only she has a high enough armor stat to be viable.

Nyx Prime was given a boost from 15 to 50 armor, which is still a negligible amount as you reach higher into the solar system.

I am not advocating for every frame to be an armor tank, I am simply pushing for a more viable amount of armor so that you have that option if you wished to go that route and you would not have to become completely dependent on abilities or shields. There can still be frail frames, with lower armor, but I would at least like that the armor i high enough that if shields were removed, they arent completely sitting ducks.

This is just a rough idea but this is how I would like the armor to be distributed if given the choice. I wholeheartedly believe that 100 armor should be the base. Not as high as the higher tier bulky frames like Sayrn or Oberon but still  a reasonable amount.

~

Valkyr (600) > Frost/Frost Prime (275 due to his abilities being heavily influenced by his armor I wouldnt want it too high) < Rhino/Rhino Prime (275 I would also advocate for Iron Skin to make Rhino slower upon use. As a fast tank with no speed penalty, he would be too strong) < Sayrn (225)< Oberon (200)< Limbo,Loki,Excalibur,ect (100) < Banshee,Ember,Nyx,Trinity,ect (80 not as much as the average but still with enough armor sot hey aren't completely frail after the shields drop)

~

These number can be changed but I care more about the frames below Oberon's armor amount of 150 because 65 armor is still nothing. If a frame wishes to be stronger, at least they can invest their time and money to use that Steel Fiber on a frame that isnt just Valkyr.

Thank you

-Anatolius

Are you forgetting that not -every- rhino has a arcane vanguard, and that iron skin is not toggle-able? A speed debuff on iron skin is totally uncalled for, and that iron skin is also not affected by armor, hence, building vitality/armor on rhino is...almost pointless, even if the armor value was increased.

Armor does feel too niche when you take a step back and look at the bigger picture across the board.  Though I still wouldn't go as far as to put everyone up at a level where armor is at least slightly usable.  The reason behind my viewpoint there is simple, weapons already follow that standard with their critical hit chance.

Some weapons simply have so low crit so as to make building for crit pointless.  I figure there's no reason to have everything be at least "passable" on everything, since having extremes out there is part of what helps to have a wide variety.

All in all though it's not like I'm flat out against the idea, I simply disagree with it.  Still would never slot Steel Fiber on anything except Valkyr even with this change, and I sure as heck wouldn't notice the change anyways.  Just a disagreement on a fundamental level.

Are you forgetting that not -every- rhino has a arcane vanguard, and that iron skin is not toggle-able? A speed debuff on iron skin is totally uncalled for, and that iron skin is also not affected by armor, hence, building vitality/armor on rhino is...almost pointless, even if the armor value was increased.

Nah Iron Skin just negates most damage

And I am not talking about arcane, I mean Rhino Prime, as most Rhino players that like Rhino upgrade to Rhino Prime because there is no reason not to unless you dont like his look so much that you would rather have Rhino (not saying that doesnt happen)

Also I am not saying that he should be slowed down to a crawl but it does make sense that you are somewhat slower. I feel there should be SOME draw back. But thats not what this thread is about

Armor does feel too niche when you take a step back and look at the bigger picture across the board.  Though I still wouldn't go as far as to put everyone up at a level where armor is at least slightly usable.  The reason behind my viewpoint there is simple, weapons already follow that standard with their critical hit chance.

Some weapons simply have so low crit so as to make building for crit pointless.  I figure there's no reason to have everything be at least "passable" on everything, since having extremes out there is part of what helps to have a wide variety.

All in all though it's not like I'm flat out against the idea, I simply disagree with it.  Still would never slot Steel Fiber on anything except Valkyr even with this change, and I sure as heck wouldn't notice the change anyways.  Just a disagreement on a fundamental level.

That is a far argument

Somewhat agree, but I still use Steel Fiber on a few frames anyway since a few frames don't really get much from corrupted mods and the non-survivability enhancing mods are for the most part not that great and are rarely worth equipping except as gimmicks. Rhino, Saryn, Oberon and Frost all still get a somewhat noticeable boost from a max ranked Steel Fiber, so long as Vitality is also maxed.

A flat 100+ armor across the board would probably do the trick, but the numbers you suggested are also pretty reasonable. 

Edited by Grilleds