The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Gammacor: The New Absolute King

Monolake

HUGE damage and and DPS 

Great ammo economy allows you to put 2 more firerate mods for whooping 47000 burst/40000 sustained DPS.

(or even 41800 with faction mod)   

This is about TWICE as much as Boltor Prime sustained

~7000 damage per ammo, so you wont run out.

Brakk got dethroned too - it has ~27000 sustained (nevermind the higher burst as it empties all ammo in a second)

Most other top secondaries from syndicates are "only" ~16-17k dps 

http://goo.gl/yf9ORu

pruCPQP.jpg

This powercreep and lack of balance is absurd.

Edited by Monolake

While it beats their sustained it doesn't manage to beat their burst DPS, this sounds like how it SHOULD be for a weapon that has a rather shot effective range. Remember, at the range it's competing more with the Brakk and Akbronkos than anything else which utter dominated it's DPS in comparison rather easily.

pls stop making threads like this or DE will nerf it x_x

DONT KILL MY NEW BABY, I HAD 5 FORMAS ON IT WHEN IT DID 30 MAGNET NOW IT DOES 210

nerf is needed - the dmg that it should have is not 210 but 80 if we count that the initial stat where doubled

Fun fact: it also has a hard cap on its range.

This thread was made about the Flux Rifle when it was king, numerous times. This thread was also made about the Synapse when it was king, numerous times. There is more to the weapon than on-paper DPS.

Edited by SortaRandom

That works for about seven seconds, then you run out of ammo.

Absolutely wrong, look at stats: 7000+ per ammo, about same as Brakk and you dont run out of ammo with Brakk.

Most rifles have much less - Boltor P does ~2000 per ammo

Edited by Monolake

I probably hold the vastly unpopular opinion that weapons that have range caps *coughshotgunscough* should have MUCH higher DPS than weapons that don't, primarily because of the risk that's involved in using these weapons. I mean, what's the point in using a range limited weapon if it has the same damage as a weapon that isn't hindered by its range?

By the time you hit enemies that will stand up to 20k DPS, you really don't want to be up close to them. For those that do have the gall to stand toe to toe... Weapons like these exist for them. High risk, high reward. If it can't be used at a safe distance, it better be powerful.

This isn't to say that the new Synoid doesn't need a bit of tweaking, but I agree with the general concept of it. If you're gonna limit a gun's range, it better dang well be the king of its range.

Edited by HolidayPi3

Fun fact: it also has a hard cap on its range.

This thread was made about the Flux Rifle when it was king, numerous times. This thread was also made about the Synapse when it was king, numerous times. There is more to the weapon than on-paper DPS.

Compare to other limited range weapons: Brakk, Synapse, Phage, all the shotguns or the regular Gammacor. Sinoid Gammacor is more than TWICE better than everything not named Brakk.  

normal  Gammacor for example
17543.58 sustained dps   - over twice worse
Edited by Monolake

I cannot believe that people are defending this... I just can't... Think about the benefit of the game for ONCE and stop fawning over your 5 figure digits. That DPS is pure and simply broken in every form and way

Edited by KilelrDrone492

Stay 60 min in a Surv 4 and it won't be broken. Needs balance for pvp, but why can't we enjoy its power in coop game?

What?! So we have to wait 60 minutes in T4 then it won't be broken? Worst post I've seen all day

By that time 99% of other weapons would have no damage potential either. That other 1% is the broken Boltor Prime which still needs fixing

Stay 60 min in a Surv 4 and it won't be broken. Needs balance for pvp, but why can't we enjoy its power in coop game?

Awesome argument. so I guess we should use 60 min T4 survival as a measuring stick to balance every other weapon in the game as well then.

Lets all enjoy the power in coop.