Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Melee For Utility?

Yazeth

Question

Hey, I'm looking for a good melee weapon that has good utility. I'm more looking for CC and possibly other utility rather than coptering.

I'm thinking of using one of these: Bo Prime || Serro || Jat Kittag || Redeemer

Bo Prime: Fast hits, high proc chance

Serro: Slower hits, but only one element, which is better for procing elements

Jat Kittag: Jump attack ragdolling

Redeemer: High dmg gun shot is useful for Life Strike

It's really hard for me to decide which to use. I need help!

13 answers to this question

Lecta is also good for cc, since it has high status chance (25%), good range, base Electric (which stuns on proc), and is decently fast. It's like Serro with wider sweeps and longer range, but it does less damage (not sure how they are speed-wise).

Kestrel isn't too bad either. The jump slam radius isn't huge, but it ragdolls nicely. Its throw attack also ragdolls from afar, so you can take out high priority targets easily.

Also, be careful when using Redeemer with Life Strike. Its charge attack consumes a lot of energy, as each pellet is another instance of channeling. In other words, 5 pellets hitting an enemy means energy is drained 5 times, which is 25 energy by default.

While it isn't a high status weapon, Scoliac is what I stick with for its combination of utility and damage. Good damage per hit, very fast attack speed, and long range means I can cover a lot of ground and stagger a lot of enemies with melee attacks.

Glaive (prime or no prime, doesn't matter.)

It can be thrown, and when throwing with the power throw mod on, the glaive explodes on contact with a surface, dealing blast damage. The stance, Gleaming Talon has a direct damage combo, and a 3 meter radius around the player AOE attack.

Glaive or glaive prime should be the weapon you would use for utility.

Redeemer and Glaive Prime are my suggestions if you like to use Life Strike. 

You get great CC with the Glaive, plus added CC with the nice explosion.  Finally life strike lets you steal health from a distance. Great coptering distance/range is a bonus.

Edited by RawGritz

Bo Prime and Amphis are great.

- Lovely coptering capability, especially the Amphis

- Lovely directional-melee capability

- Easy-to-use god-tier crowd-destroying capabilities when used with a Rank 1 Clashing Forest (or a maxed CF, as long as you're able to avoid doing that godawful E(W)EE combo consistently) and just mashing E

- Top-tier attacking mobility and range during that combo

- Incredibly fast Ground-Slam attacks; you basically touch the ground with the weapon and you're back in action with no delay

Frankly, the one reason that I don't use Bo Prime and Amphis is that they completely trivialize the game for me. You just mash E and everything dies as you hurtle across hallways; it got so boring that I had to switch to weaker, more skill-based weapons like Dakra Prime and the Dragon Nikana. (Yeah. The staves are that good.)

Edited by SortaRandom

Kestrel and Lecta are my go to melee for utility. Kestrel has knockdown on thrown attacks, useful to CC a heavy, and has all the fun bonuses that the Glaives enjoy (ranged explosions, ranged Life Strike). Plus, it's a syndicate weapon so you get an AoE and energy restore + base increase.

Lecta is one of those weapons that doesn't get enough praise. Lecta has amazing status chance and range, you can literally proc on a whole room. Lecta with Burning Wasp has a combo that swings in a MASSIVE circle (install Reach too, well worth it), and with 4 status event mods you're looking at an 85% status chance. I usually go Viral/Rad, which leaves about 1/2 of the enemies hit with a radiation proc - instant Chaos as they fire at your enemies and your enemies fire at them :P http://goo.gl/Ypo3Oj

Glaive Prime because it can copter pretty well,good aerial jump,and can be thrown. It's not the hardest hitting melee weapon but to be honest melee isn't viable anyways so why not use something that can deal damage from afar and still allow you to shoot at the same time. Also, it works great with life strike so you can get your health back up safely.

Lecta is one of those weapons that doesn't get enough praise. Lecta has amazing status chance and range, you can literally proc on a whole room. Lecta with Burning Wasp has a combo that swings in a MASSIVE circle (install Reach too, well worth it), and with 4 status event mods you're looking at an 85% status chance. I usually go Viral/Rad, which leaves about 1/2 of the enemies hit with a radiation proc - instant Chaos as they fire at your enemies and your enemies fire at them :P http://goo.gl/Ypo3Oj

I agree with the lecta I enjoy using it, dont forget that the 3rd attack in it its first combo has a 100% proc chance for burnign wasp.

Edited by shepshifter