Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Get Rid Of 10 Rank Mods: Ten Rank Legendary Ravage Edition.

Innocent_Flower

Ranking anything up past 5:

-Tedious. Credits, cores, time. It takes players away from the game play and to a combining mini-game that's anything but fun. 

-Means that you'l probably want several midway mods. (unranked, rank 2, rank 4, rank 6,8)  Also very expensive

-Often times there isn't a point. each increment is so small that you'd be better off doubling each rank's strength and keeping it at five ranks for the same results. 

-Feels like a very lifeless way of getting stronger and a huge cause of powercreep. Look at 440% increases to health and shields. Just silly. Some 10 rank mods are super neccessary, and because some mods are super neccessary others never get used instead. There's so little variation in one's build. There's one type of serration that everyone uses on every rifle and the only variety is it's size.

I find myself getting to rank 8 and looking at what it'd cost to get rank 9 and 10. Seems rather fruitless really. I think players would rather a player-centric system. What we've got currently is intimidating to new players and in some places central to the oversized powergap between low and high level content. 

Is this really necessary? 

225px-HyperionThrusters.png225px-EquilibriumModU145.png225px-MagnumForceModU145.png

225px-LinkArmorModU145.png225px-SteelFiberSentModU145.png225px-TaintedShellModU145.png

They're ridiculous. Each rank offers so little, Because you need to rank them so high they cost so many polarity points. As such a few of these mods aren't used because alternatives are so much better. 

Ok, I could have argued that way better. But objectively it'd be better to have, at the most, five ranks. 

"but Wait" You cry, "I spent money/time getting that to rank..." or " but it's such a powerful mod that you can't just double it's power without increasing the cost" 

Mod system 2.1 :There are several solutions to those perfectly valid responses. 

Don't always have mods increase cost by 1 every rank. You can increase it so that a mod's cost goes up by 2, or 4 every rank. or perhaps a powerful mod could scale poorly in it's increase in cost (1,1,2, 2, 3. If we were to apply that to Vitality we'd have 2 (unranked),3,4,6,8,11(maxed)

Branch out

Say you get to rank 5 of serration. You can try to rank it up to 6. When you get to rank 6, the mod is consumed. you could then choose between resetting the mod as "wounding serration" or "consuming serration". Getting instead a dual stat variant of your preference to re-level. Perhaps those mods will have their own branches too. Progress would not merely lead to more power: but more variety. With some technical difficulty: I'm sure DE could find some way to refund rank 6+ mods with a player's chosen branch mod of appropriate level

If all else fails: legendary cores. 

This could help greatly with Warframe's jacked level scalling too. Look at say.. Vitality with it's 440% increase at max rank. You're multiplying your health to 5.4 times it's original value. Say we cut that in half. 220% is big enough to favour players without making them outright demigods at low levels. At the same time if the scaling was cattered towards players with only tripple health then players could do high ranking missions without the mod as a challenge rather than as a suicide. The players who upgrade their mod beyond rank 5 and onto the next series of mods don't become capable of crazy amounts of health, but rather get the same amount of health as normal mod users with an extraneous bonus. (220% health with slight regen, or 220% health with a bonus from pickups) 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

is not that hard to level a mod up to 8, now from 8 to 10 thats another story.Anyways rank 10 help the economy because some people  will spend time grinding/farming to level this mods and then sell them and people with money will buy/spend plat to get this mods ASAP. I know it can be really annoying when DE add like 5 r10 mods (archwing,kubrow) but saying that they should do what they did with steel charge is insane (it was r10 aura,really unfair compared with the rest of the auras).

You could have just said "I want mods to cost half of what they do to rank up" since that seems to be your beef.

You don't need maxed mods to complete the start chart our even run high level content. They do give an incentive for those who are dedicated to play more and rank them up.

The mod branching idea is interesting tho. But be careful that might also lead to having multiple copies around, which you also complain about.

Edited by mooser6

this has potential to be more grindy than a regular rank 10 mod. You reset the mod for a new stat then relevel again? When does it end? Can i just level this one mod infinitley until one mod gives me all the aspects i want in a weapon? Does this not eliminate the need for multiple guns or having to switch guns if i find one gun i like then relevel my serration (i'll use this mod since you used it as an example) over and over again then equip it onto a gun i like? In addition to this ranking up mods gives a player "something to do" because ranking a mod to 5 isnt hard at all

Hm, a little torn on this to be honest.

The Dual Stat Branching idea seems really cool, and could potentially lead to more gameplay changes/choices since the dual stat won't be direct damage increases (assuming stuff like Crit Chance or Crit Damage aren't on the branches). 

On the other hand lowering the overall rank of the mod doesn't seem to accomplish anything other than making the leveling process easier. Thats not an inherently bad thing mind you, but it seems unnecessary.

I like rank 10 mods. in fact I wish they would make rank 20 mods.

Ye you're making a joke, but honestly I'd love some more level on serration 165% is not much ç_ç

OnTopic

"Shot answer"

No.

"Long answer"

Some mod onestly maybe need less level or "more" rewarding stat when at 10

Edited by HellRaz

"No r10 mod is worth maxing"?

Do what now?

Narrow Minded, Blind Rage, Transient, Heavy Cal.

All have uses, and are needed for some very specific and powerful builds (Perma Invis Loki or Turbulence Zephyr using Narrow Minded to name a couple).

Now even if you don't use them, tell me its not worth it when they sell for 300 plat....

Edited by Egg_Chen

They have uses at r7 or r8 or r9.

Those who don't blow off a ton of mods can still use those mods at a lower rank.

Got no issue with perma invis or perma turbulence or perma w/e.

Only idiots buying them at 300+ plat.

Edited by Jinryusai

Ye you're making a joke, but honestly I'd love some more level on serration 165% is not much ç_ç

OnTopic

TLDR No.

"Long"

Some mod onestly maybe need less level or "more" rewarding stat when at 10

Im dead serious. I like to make progress. I've ranked a lot of rank 10 mods, including my Kubrows mods right now. It's nice to aim for an upgrade and reach it. Rank 10 really isnt that bad.

R10 mods are here to stay. It's been this way since the beginning of the mod 2.0 system. I don't like it, neither do you. But the fact is that it's been really long since it's here and it doesn't change a damn bit.

Personally, if at all ever relevant, I'm glad there are R10 mods only because I can use all my Fusion Cores into maxing those mods. I mean, 25x R5 Rare Fusion Core on a 40m T4S? What would need so that much apart from the insanely expensive R10 mods to be maxed.

Edited by matrixEXO

I like rank 10 mods. in fact I wish they would make rank 20 mods.

To get a rare mod from rank 0 to 10 takes 396 rare 5 fusion cores. That's quite a lot.

To get a rare mod from rank 0 to 20 would take about 400,000 rare 5 fusion cores. That is INSANE.

To get a rare mod from rank 0 to 10 takes 396 rare 5 fusion cores. That's quite a lot.

To get a rare mod from rank 0 to 20 would take about 400,000 rare 5 fusion cores. That is INSANE.

So? You don't NEED to have a maxed mod to do well in this game. It's just an endless grind and endless possibility for progress :P it's crazy but I wouldn't actually mind.

They just need to sanely fix the problem of spending hundreds of cores and millions of credits. That stuff needs to scale properly and not just exponentially. Or at least give gains exponentially.

I do like the idea of "evolving" cards though, so something that's common becomes uncommon but adds a trait. Then that uncommon becomes a rare and adds another trait. All while keeping the slot cost and upgrade cost proportionate to it's rank and rarity. So for example, Serration level 5 + rank which costs 9 (arbitrary) becomes Super Serration that costs 10 slot points. Then Super Serration R5 + rank turns into Ultra Serration (15 slot points) and maxing that out would cost 20 slot points but with three effects, one being damage and two being utility such as faster reload or better status/crit chance. Obviously, the price of upgrading an Ultra Serration would be ridiculously high but at least there's something to work for.

Im dead serious. I like to make progress. I've ranked a lot of rank 10 mods, including my Kubrows mods right now. It's nice to aim for an upgrade and reach it. Rank 10 really isnt that bad.

Well for me you sounded ironic :P, any way my only issue with lvl 10 mods are some time they cost to much for the "stat" they give but I do like levelling mods but some of theme are :"err really?" Maybe some rebalance(power up even to is good) on various mods would be nice.

(Referring only to archwing mods)I'm aware of "DE_Steve" said that he prefer release weak archwing mod and power up after feedback instead of having to nerf after.

PS. To the OP stop adding IMG just link the wiki page of the mod you are referring to, then Mods don't need to be 5lvl what they need is a good rebalance of the "stat" they give because like archwing mods stat/cost are balanced badly for my opinion.

And ANY way many many mods are mean to be used for "Formaed" warframes and weapons.

forgot to say less tedious is not a good reason to lower the mods max rank level, now i make a joke example: do you prefer have a good weapon that costed time to make it powerful or 5 min done time modded weapon because all mod are just 5 rank max so are super cheap and easy to do? Onestly i like have to have a slow route to max power of the easy and fast route.

Edited by HellRaz

Less tedious is an incredibly valid reason. 

Only to you. Reason, yes, valid, no. Hence another magical IF post. There is nothing "broken" that needs fixing. This is another self-rationalization thread because you want something your way. The mods have a "potential" of 10. If you don't want to use it, your choice, think of them as Rating 5 for all I care. People that want to make them go higher can do so.

There is no point scrapping an entire system when other options are available. Allowing players to get cores in more specialized missions more easily would not need gutting current mod mechanics for example.

You could have just said "I want mods to cost half of what they do to rank up" since that seems to be your beef.

You don't need maxed mods to complete the start chart our even run high level content. They do give an incentive for those who are dedicated to play more and rank them up.

The mod branching idea is interesting tho. But be careful that might also lead to having multiple copies around, which you also complain about.

- Nope. Honestly I, if a five rank maximum policy was established I wouldn't mind if some mods are doubled in price to rank up.

- Correct, You don't. But at the same time if you go to a low ranking planet (there's lots of reasons why you would) and forget/don't bother to take off your uber mods... you're going to have a boring mission with no challenge whatsoever.

- If the copies are different: are they really copies?