Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silva & Aegis - New Mechanical Sword/shield [Megathread]

Awazx

Alright, so the next community weapon is going to get implemented, and just like Silva and Aegis it will probably get supbar stats and unfixed bugs. 

Unless gigantic stamina drain is a intended feature for community weapons, I really do not want this next weapon to get the treatment Silva&Aegis has gotten.

EDIT: Perhaps fixing this combo will promote a new playstyle for melee, this shield should be amazing at blocking, but even the Jat Kittag  blocks better than this.

Edited by Juebev

Damage, in my opinion, need not be buffed. It's a sword and shield, with means it's a more defensive weapon than just a sword. If it's defensive, it should stay defensive. Dmg can be enough to slap the low-levels outta the way, but what I think it needs is a defense buff. Like maybe blocking would auto-negate a large portion of the damage, almost all of it. Blocking may also take far less stamina than blocking with a standard sword, as you wouldn't have to swing the thing to block most of the incoming fire. Finally, a shield-bash type move would be great. Make it the first move in a combo, like Uparrow+E would slam your shield into your opponent, knocking them to the ground, opening them up to some sort of finisher, or even just open the path.

Also, more swords and shields would be great. More claws, and gunblades would also be great. Poor Venka, so underused and lonely. They need some friends. Redeemer was given companions in the Akjagara, even if the Jagara aren't really gunblades, so it can wait a while more. But a sword-sniper would be @(*()$ wicked.

Damage, in my opinion, need not be buffed. It's a sword and shield, with means it's a more defensive weapon than just a sword. If it's defensive, it should stay defensive. Dmg can be enough to slap the low-levels outta the way, but what I think it needs is a defense buff. Like maybe blocking would auto-negate a large portion of the damage, almost all of it. Blocking may also take far less stamina than blocking with a standard sword, as you wouldn't have to swing the thing to block most of the incoming fire. Finally, a shield-bash type move would be great. Make it the first move in a combo, like Uparrow+E would slam your shield into your opponent, knocking them to the ground, opening them up to some sort of finisher, or even just open the path.

Also, more swords and shields would be great. More claws, and gunblades would also be great. Poor Venka, so underused and lonely. They need some friends. Redeemer was given companions in the Akjagara, even if the Jagara aren't really gunblades, so it can wait a while more. But a sword-sniper would be @(*()$ wicked.

I actually agree with you.

This weapon should be defensive focus,it has a good status rate so that's ok. 

I want the charge mechanic to be an actual charge, knock enemies off-their feet and blocking fire at the same time, that would be pretty amazing imo.

But really, it seriously need to lose the stamina drain, its ridiculous and I would hate for DE to add more Sword-shields if they are all gonna be this gimped.

I still want this weapon to get some kind of game mechanic change to improve it (rather than just stat increase).

I was thinking like a shield bash (with knockdown) when you hold your melee. And increased finisher damage.

Imho stamina and blocking cost need to go altogether so that is not exactly exclusive to SA,

Anyway... failing the mechanic change, can we at least get a stat boost then. But there is so much cool stuff you could do with this type of weapon. I'm tired of flat damage builds, even channeling builds are only marginally useful.

Edited by LocoWithGun

I want this weapon to be a reliable and unique, It needs more damage, higher reach, maybe a little more attack speed and some kinda of unique mechanic on it, the 100 armor bonus sounded interesting if you had it equipped.

I also have an idea for a mechanic called Fire Shield:

A portion of your damage fills an energy bar, when it´s filled, any enemy that attacks you will make it activate, it deals aoe damage based on your weapon´s damage and it gives you temporary Damage resistance, either in form of a shield, or just straight up damage reduction up to a certain %.

So basically it acts and functions just like the syndicate weapon mods do.