Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Is My Personal Most Hated Frame

XxCurtennoxX

Tbh I was a little bit sad when I saw muh excal get turned into "just another 4 nuke"

Arguably, more people use him, but a chance was missed to add a new mechanic to radial javelin (maybe bleedout / weakening proc?) that would have made him interesting. 

I'll always have muh slash dash build to hold on to though Q.Q

Really!? Excalibur is like the Swiss army knife of Warframe. Versatile... Heroic... Goes everywhere..., and mows down enemies like no tomorrow. Combine that with justice, or blight, and he is a God of war! Whether its blinding, or javelin blasting things to death he rocks. He also goes all over the place with his jump. Just add mods to buff its height, and he can actually get back to the starting point of the Grineer mission where you drop down the hole on board the ship. His jumping height is insane, and his slash dash can really cover incredible distance. Then with justice, or blight exploding killing all enemies nearby he clears rooms in seconds and its fun... VERY FUN. Maybe you should be the Excalibur... Join us were awesome!

Besides maybe what your seeing isn't an Excalibur clearing the room, but their syndicate bonus doing so. Excalibur is so much more than just his 4th ability. You will regret running away from them every time you see one some day...

Nobody finds Press4ToWin fun.

Not true. I find obliterating hundreds of enemies with one skill incredibly fun. I'm sick and tired of all these games which throw you into the shoes of some pansy. I'm a freaking demigod in Warframe and I love it.

You suggest a better way to use him?

Admit it dude, his 4 spam is most efficient way for such missions and also the reason why those 1% people still love it. Plus you still get shared xp... Never been much of a difference for me.

And its DE's mistake, they didn't give enough thought in making him... If they nerf him, he becomes too useless to even remain in inventory. If they leave him as is, you can't get a chance to kill in low/mid tiers when there's an excaliber around. And he is base frame of all this, a beginning. They can't change anything now. So instead, just take it positively, when you see an excaliber doing such, have a coffee and watch a movie on phone, or just complete your homework like I do... All a but getting shred good xp at same time without doing anything. Just mute the volume to be in a non irritating environment.

Edited by Jaskaran498

Not true. I find obliterating hundreds of enemies with one skill incredibly fun. I'm sick and tired of all these games which throw you into the shoes of some pansy. I'm a freaking demigod in Warframe and I love it.

you missed Closed beta... We were gods... forget demigod LOL...

You suggest a better way to use him?

Admit it dude, his 4 spam is most efficient way for such missions and also the reason why those 1% people still love it. Plus you still get shared xp... Never been much of a difference for me

Super jump, and slash dash for getting around, blind for blinding, and javelin to speed up, and double bang your enemies with syndicate bonuses...

Thats because players suck and want steal all kills from team and have more XP, its not just game fault. I have those builds too on excal and saryn but not with huge range to wipe whole room and also i dont spam it, i just use once in a while even if my effciency lets me use 7 or 8 in a row. If players were reasonable and not bunch of .... this wouldnt happen. If they like the boring gameplay they should go solo mode and not ruin others experience 

Edited by Creeda

If they like the boring gameplay they should go solo mode and not ruin others experience 

The same I can say about your style of gameplay. Using boring weapons and taking ages to kill dudes. You need to remember all of this works both ways.

Thats because players suck and want steal all kills from team and have more XP, its not just game fault. I have those builds too on excal and saryn but not with huge range to wipe whole room and also i dont spam it, i just use once in a while even if my effciency lets me use 7 or 8 in a row. If players were reasonable and not bunch of .... this wouldnt happen. If they like the boring gameplay they should go solo mode and not ruin others experience 

problem is Solo is too slow having the ability to mass massacre helps players reach the fun part of survival, and defense much faster. So sometimes having the spam 4 thing is good then again the how is the good question... How are they spamming it? Are you all 100% sure its not syndicate bonuses? Because those can clear rooms, revive the dead, and heal... Mainly the clearing room part which is pretty awesome if you can master timing even though other players killing stuff fill up the bonus meter too.

I hate Nyx players. I never see them claim a big baddie as a pet (even after the massive buff to Mind Control), they bubble up with Absorb in the worst possible places, and I honestly don't see the big deal with Chaos, as most things still target me or other players. Maybe I would hate her less if I was going on boring, hour-long defenses, but I don't. All they do is run around turning a handful of targets into ugly ghost versions of Nyx, bubble up in some awful place and subsequently die shortly after they detonate it.

Please don't do this man, I feel the dev eyes watching. Scott will hit excalibro with the nerfhammer just to smite us if your complaints reach the wrong ears. Dont be the reason, he has had enough of his usefulness taken already, let him have this one thing.

Also its been mentioned already but there are frames that can make spamming 4 even worse for you. Try playing with a saryn , whose cast animation for her 4 is incredibly fast.

Edited by Shreiko

Its more of the player rather than the frame itself. There are many frames that can do exactly the same thing that you mentioned in your OP.

Nah that's only an excal thing, the range is great can only be match by Mag but only on Corpus maps. Can Saryn equal the range?

Nobody finds Press4ToWin fun.

It is just the most efficient way to play.

And Excalibto is far from alone in this.

yep, you still have saryn, rhino, valkyr, ash, nova, volt, mirage, mesa...

Ps: I forgot Booben when in infested defense...

Edited by dummifighter

problem is Solo is too slow having the ability to mass massacre helps players reach the fun part of survival, and defense much faster. So sometimes having the spam 4 thing is good then again the how is the good question... How are they spamming it? Are you all 100% sure its not syndicate bonuses? Because those can clear rooms, revive the dead, and heal... Mainly the clearing room part which is pretty awesome if you can master timing even though other players killing stuff fill up the bonus meter too.

I stand there and watch as Excal does his animation... definitely nothing to do with syndicates! I understand other frames have nuke skills but excal seems to be the biggest offender.. and I don't fancy soloing all the time in a "team-based" game xD