Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Gammacor Needs A Nerf..

Jahakarr

Yeeah you know it's stupid when a PISTOL outdamages EVERY SINGLE weapon in the (a) game. 

Yes, this would be the Synoid Gammacor. How you guys over at DE got to the conclusion that giving this weapon 5x the base damage of the normal gammacor beats me, it's a horrible idea. So, what about your other beam weapons, you know.. The primaries? Why even use them? Flux, phage, glax, whatever, none of these can beat this secondary gun, and it's stupid, i'm sorry but it's just plain stupid. It even outdamages Boltor P, and don't try to justify this by brining up range, 25m is more than enough. Oh and just to top it off, it gives you energy when it procs, just brilliant.

And now i suppose we should also talk about the other syndicate weapons. Why didn't they get 5x the damage of their normal versions? Because they're not new and shiny? 

So my conclusion in all of this is that i won't even have to wear a primary any more, why? It's now useless. 

And yes, i do know that a bunch of Cephalon kiddies are going to come here and tell me off, because they love their little baby beam of death and stupidity.

I haven't gotten it yet but I'd like to correct you on some things. Yes, it gets 4.2x (not 5x) more damage than the normal but the cost of that is that fire rate is reduced by 60% from 5.0 to 2.0. Seems like nothing much? If you bring out your DPS calculator, you can check and find out that it basically reduces it's overall DPS value by a lot.

Also, energy proc is syndicate-based. I don't hear you whining about Marelok or Akbolto's proc. Why nitpick on it? You sound like you just hate that you aren't in Suda faction and had to nitpick on everything it does to be happy.

Edited by matrixEXO

Oh, and that justifies you attacking the Synoid Gammacore and not attacking the Marelok or anything else?

Oh wait, how about you actually think about the balance of other weapons (like nearly 180 underpowered weapons), not just saving your precious "Boltor"?  

Synoid Gammacore should be least of your worries. DE isn't going to stop releasing overpowered weapons, and players want that (not me). Soon, your Boltor Prime is going to be a "Lato" compared to future weapons. Deal with the root problem, not some stupid bandaid fix like "nerf Gammacore".

And what makes you think that it is my precious boltor? I never said anything of the like. I used it because it is known for being strong, and therefor i used it as a comparison, surely i thought people would understand that. 

I don't attack them because i went by logic. The Marelok doesn't even come close to the gammacor in sustained dps. And it is below it in burst as well. so theres that. 

And i have stated several times that i think that they should give most of the weapons an overhaul, but i also stated that i didn't think it was realistic, which is why i'm saying nerf the gammacor a bit. 

You people also seem to be thinking that i'm saying it should be nerfed to oblivion, i'm not. I'm merely saying that it should get nerfed a bit, so that i can use something else without feeling like i've handicapped myself.

It is overpowered, you said so yourself, so why in the hell are you defending it after stating that? It makes no sense, and you're hypocritical. 

Do weapons we have desperately need buffs? Yes. That would be welcome, but at least release it together because you know that the minute one of these low par weapons get a buff, the sh*tstorm about other weak weapons will happen.

How many times have we seen people bring up weapons like Supra in a buff update?

Yes, i agree with you. They should release a major update containing buffs for most of the weapons. And i don't see why they haven't done it yet, it can't possibly be that much work to change some numbers within a code.

And this dude is asking for DE to NERF the Gammacore. Instead of revisiting the whole system, let's just nerf one offender and leave it that way.

Yeah... because the Boltor Prime isn't a terrible offender already. If people are going to defend powercreep, then defend it to the very end. Do not defend powercreep and oppose it just because it "threatens" your precious own powercreep product.

1 important skill that mmos teach you whether you like it or not.

To solve many problems you need to approach them 1 at a time.

Whole system need rework?? yea we know that 5100% base dps increase is too much, doesnt change fact that theres no proper tiering and some weapons push dps way above others.

And this dude is asking for DE to NERF the Gammacore. Instead of revisiting the whole system, let's just nerf one offender and leave it that way.

Yeah... because the Boltor Prime isn't a terrible offender already. If people are going to defend powercreep, then defend it to the very end. Do not defend powercreep and oppose it just because it "threatens" your precious own powercreep product.

Do you mean me by "this dude"? Cause if you actually read my posts you would see that i do want a rework of all the weapons. I never said or implied that it was threatening my boltor, i merely used it as an example. Which not a whole lot of you seem to understand. 

I haven't gotten it yet but I'd like to correct you on some things. Yes, it gets 4.2x (not 5x) more damage than the normal but the cost of that is that fire rate is reduced by 60% from 5.0 to 2.0. Seems like nothing much? If you bring out your DPS calculator, you can check and find out that it basically reduces it's overall DPS value by a lot.

Also, energy proc is syndicate-based. I don't hear you whining about Marelok or Akbolto's proc. Why nitpick on it? You sound like you just hate that you aren't in Suda faction and had to nitpick on everything it does to be happy.

And it's the "You just dont like it cause ur not in suda" people i hate the most. I have it. I've tried it. And i found that it was extremely overpowered, even against grineer. 

And if you would read some of the first pages you'd see that i've discussed and corrected a lot, if not all of your points.

Everything should be deleted, and everyone is forced to use mk1 braton for the rest of this game's life cycle. Balanced. Now the only complaints will be braton being too weak and pros telling you to get good, and telling new players, "Maxed serrations and heavy Cal noobs, GTFO." And then people cry to DE about mods and then mods are nerfed and eventually removed.

Edited by GSDAkatsuki

WHY SYNOID GAMMCOR IS FINE AND BALANCED AS IS:

1) BEING A BEAM WEAPON, AND AS SUCH LACKS CC AND IS SINGLE TARGET, UNLIKE BOLTOR PRIME, MARLEOK, BRAKK ETC WHICH ARE CAPABLE OF  VAPORISING     ENTIRE MOBS.

2)IT HAS A HARD 25 METRE RANGE, AND TO USE IT YOU NEED TO PUT YOURSELF INTO THE THICK OF THINGS WHICH AT HIGH    LEVELS       IS VERY, VERY DANGEROUS, AND AS SUCH IS A HIGH-RISK, HIGH REWARD WEAPON.

3)IT HAS A DIFFICULT ACQUISITION, REQUIRING YOU TO GRIND AN ENTIRE SYNDICATE TO GET IT UNLOCKED, AND THEN 100K            REPUTATION TO BUY THE WEAPON ITSELF

4)REQUIRES A LOT OF EFFORT TO MAXIMISE FOR USE, SIMILAR TO ALL TOP END WEAPONS

5)HAS BASE DAMAGE AS MAGNETIC DAMAGE, WHICH IS ONE OF THE WORST COMBINED ELEMENTAL DAMAGES IN THE GAME

Now, 2 other facts to consider:

1) IT IS NOT THE FIRST SECONDARY TO TRUMP PRIMARIES, MARELOK AND BRAKK HAVE DONE THAT ALREADY. 

2)THE NUMBERS GENERATED DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT EFFECTIVE DAMAGE DEALT, WHICH ALSO FACTOR IN EASE OF USE    AND MECHANICS.

Oh and another thing, to OP:

Please be polite. Your tone throughout this thread(yes I have read every post) has been highly condescending and downright rude to people, and I have seen some do likewise to you. 

You understand that Cephalon Suda supporters need to sacrifice an Orokin Catalyst, a Glaive Prime Blade and Frost Prime Helmet to get access to the Synoid Gammacor ?

that argument doesn't hold, Arbiters need one Orokin Reactor, a Bo Prime handle and the Loki Prime helm, all harder to find and more costly to buy as they can only be found in T4 keys.

i actually think Cephalon may have the cheapest offerings.