Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Gammacor Needs A Nerf..

Jahakarr

What the hell dude? We need more OP secondary weapons, not the weaks one...are you stupid or what? if they nerf this marelok and brakk will own the "OP secondary" again...you ask for nerf because you cant get it? Dude? Why dont just buff the others and leave it alone?

Are you? You think the only option when it comes to nerfing is nerfing it to the point of oblivion and beyond? Use your brain just a tad before you call someone stupid. 

It does x2-3 times more damage than that  of that marelok you think soo op, so what does that make this gun?

And brakk actually has to reload once in a while, synoid can keep pew pewing for what? half a minute?

And once you're past 50 minutes in survival the game is supposed to be hard, what you want is for this game to hold your hand while you play it, maybe next you start complaining about them not having aim assist too? Bohoo 

Edited by Jahakarr

man this topic is getting crazy...why can't we just agree on buffing other syndicate weapon instead of nerfing only 1 weapon?

I would not be fine with that. They should buff the primes and the syndicate weapons then. All i know is that this Synoid Gammacor completely breaks the balance, and DE needs to straighten it out, one way or another.

We're just focusing on a few OP weapons. They get buffed, then nerfed, then buffed again... While unpopular weapons are left with their problems and nobody cares about them. Let's think a minute about, for example, the Spectra, the Supra, the Flux Rifle, the Acrid,the Embolist, the Reaper Prime, the Sicarus Prime and all these underpowered high tier weapons. We should reduce the difference between these weapons and the "God Tier category". Everyone's taking one of the two sides: "Buff the underpowered Syndicate weapons" and "Nerf the overpowered god tier weapons". Why don't we buff a little bit the first one while reducing the mostrous damage output of the other ones? Reducing the difference between the two categories and balancing all of them should help a lot the Power Creep problem.

Edited by Petersheikah

I would not be fine with that. They should buff the primes and the syndicate weapons then. All i know is that this Synoid Gammacor completely breaks the balance, and DE needs to straighten it out, one way or another.

And then everyone demands every other normal weapon be buffed to keep up. Thanks for ignoring my last post.

Go look on forums, gottfaust provided code for his calc on forums.

His numbers for status dots were way off so im not using those, but raw dmg calculation matches dpsframe which was while still supported most accurate.

On the other hand at that tiime warframe builder shown that soma deals top 5k dps and wasnt used as dps calc by anyone.

We're just focusing on a few OP weapons. They get buffed, then nerfed, then buffed again... While unpopular weapons are left with their problems and nobody cares about them. Let's think a minute about, for example, the Spectra, the Supra, the Flux Rifle, the Acrid,the Embolist, the Reaper Prime, the Sicarus Prime and all these underpowered high tier weapons. We should reduce the difference between these weapons and the "God Tier category". Everyone's taking one of the two sides: "Buff the underpowered Syndicate weapons" and "Nerf the overpowered god tier weapons". Why don't we buff a little bit the first one while reducing the mostrous damage output of the other ones? Reducing the difference between the two categories and balancing all of them should help a lot the Power Creep problem.

I've brought this up a lot about the synoid gammacor, but noone seems to address it, so I'll go over it again.

Synoid Gammacor deals three times the flux rifle's damage (flux rifle has Heavy caliber obviously), at one third of the ammo cost. Both weapons handle identically (i.e. They work exactly the same in terms of shooting, reload, range etc.).

Nukor and Spectra both deal half that of the synoid Gammacor, whilst using twice as much ammo. The spectra even has shorter range than it.

Amprex? Less sustain and less burst (modded right for burst, its about 10k under burst, but 25k under the sustain), consumes SIX times as much ammo, has 7 m shorter range. Quite innacurate, in a sense, but then again, has the weird chaining effect

Synapse? A bit over half the sustained and burst damage, consumes three times as much ammo, 7m shorter range. Pretty much as innacurate as the amprex, but doesn't have innate AoE effects.

Phage? Yep, it's lower too, but a bit above half. Has wonky mechanic. Same range, about the same ammo efficiency.

Quanta. About a third or so of the damage, but better ammo efficency or so, and has the cubes, which are arguably one of the better AoE weapons ingame.

Edited by Tostov

And then everyone demands every other normal weapon be buffed to keep up. Thanks for ignoring my last post.

And would that be so bad? Shouldn't all the weapons above mastery rank 4 or whatever, be usable in higher tier missions? I mean i'd love to bring my phage in T4S, but unless i plan on leaving within 20 min, that can be stretched to 30-40 if you're playing rhino, but otherwise i can't pick my phage, or flux rifle for that matter. So yes, it would be quite lovely if they gave nearly all the weapons an overhaul. 

Possibly dumbest post i've seen today. 

Dragon Nikana isn't remotely OP, ichors are fine.. Rhino p Iron skin is balanced or slightly underpowered, see how much it helps after wave 30. 

Brakk is a pain in the behind to acquire and it's short range with bad accuracy.

SG DOES outdamage Boltor P, it also had PINPOINT Accuracy, oh and all of this while giving you energy every time it procs, which it does all day by the way

But balanced out on range of a small 25 meters meaning you must get close,also it a grind to get,it balanced with others on left,valkor can be made into better crit builds,it gets almost a full round buff,also synoid proc is bad vs some enemies since it is magnetic

Oh... another nerf plz thread...

OP - no. Just grind for it, get it and be happy. No nerfs required for this gun. Its soo hard to get that 80% of people will never try it.

Grind for it? Why? I already have it. The problem isn't the acquisition of it. My problem with it is the absurd amounts of damage output this thing does when compared to other guns. Give it 2-4 weeks and 80% of the players will have this weapon, cause the price will drop drastically once the demand for it starts to fade.

why dont u try and earn a weapon 1st instead of buying it and crying for nerf 2mins later?

What does this have to do with anything? It's not even relevant. 

And so what if i bought it? Wouldn't that just give me less reason to have it nerfed? 

Do you even logic?

But balanced out on range of a small 25 meters meaning you must get close,also it a grind to get,it balanced with others on left,valkor can be made into better crit builds,it gets almost a full round buff,also synoid proc is bad vs some enemies since it is magnetic

The vaykor marelok is not crit viable for higher tier missions in my opinion. It barely got a base damage buff, the extra crit helps, but not much. it got to 100% status before the vaykor soo..

I've brought this up a lot about the synoid gammacor, but noone seems to address it, so I'll go over it again.

Synoid Gammacor deals three times the flux rifle's damage (flux rifle has Heavy caliber obviously), at one third of the ammo cost. Both weapons handle identically (i.e. They work exactly the same in terms of shooting, reload, range etc.).

Nukor and Spectra both deal half that of the synoid Gammacor, whilst using twice as much ammo. The spectra even has shorter range than it.

Amprex? Less sustain and less burst (modded right for burst, its about 10k under burst, but 25k under the sustain), consumes SIX times as much ammo, has 7 m shorter range. Quite innacurate, in a sense, but then again, has the weird chaining effect

Synapse? A bit over half the sustained and burst damage, consumes three times as much ammo, 7m shorter range. Pretty much as innacurate as the amprex, but doesn't have innate AoE effects.

Phage? Yep, it's lower too, but a bit above half. Has wonky mechanic. Same range, about the same ammo efficiency.

Quanta. About a third or so of the damage, but better ammo efficency or so, and has the cubes, which are arguably one of the better AoE weapons ingame.

Spectra has equal range,nukor 28

Flux rifle better range

Quanta better range,and each cube does a equal to 2 secs of firing

Most have better range,built right most is better

Lets look at the grakata,high trie used to status and proc eats ammo,inaccurate,low dmg

Look it is balanced dmg means zip if your dead,valkor is viable to status,which is in turn upping it's dmg

Let's try using base stats

Synoid gammacor low range

Magnetic dmg

Valkor marelok

Deals all 3 types which makes it better for all factions

Both have purposes you just need to see them

Spectra has equal range,nukor 28

Flux rifle better range

Quanta better range,and each cube does a equal to 2 secs of firing

Most have better range,built right most is better

Lets look at the grakata,high trie used to status and proc eats ammo,inaccurate,low dmg

Flux rifle has 25 m range. third damage, three times the ammo (used compared to synoid gammacor),

Handles identically too.

Spectra has 15m range, which is shorter. half damage, twice ammo.

Remember, Synoid has 25m range.

Nukor? Fair enough, still dealing half damage for twice the ammo.

Quanta, Synapse, Amprex and Phage perform a bit worse, but have unique traits which help not make it seem so silly.

Grakata is a @(*()$ monster, don't you dare diss my favorite weapon. Deals out procs at a rate compareable only to the new braton prime. Terrible sustain and ammo effecency? Absoulutely.

MR 0 and costs two neurodes, 400 alloy plate, a bit of salvage? Yep.

When people complain there's no good starter weapon, it comes to mind as the counter to their argument.

You're literally misinformed about the range of more than half the weapons I brought up, or you don't know the range of the Synoid. Quanta has longer range, yes. Nukor is slightly longer range, yes.

The rest? Nope, shorter or same range. Built right, three are compareable (None of them built "Right" deal close to the same damage. Only two of them have close to comparable ammo consumption), only because they have specailised mechanics that allow them to deal AoE effectively.

Edited by Tostov

If its that much of a problem use other weapons stop crying about nerfs and buffs. All the op weapons in the game and you complain about sg. Hmm paris prime shouldnt be stronger than the vectis but eh. Logic aint an option right? Well when vectis gets an upgrade dont complain. Sg isnt doing opticore base damage, angstrum damage., plus if its doing more damage than your primary either you need to fix your build or you need to go back to the marelock. I consider weapons op when the dps is so high I kill a void vor 10 seconds after he spawns, that happens with the boltor prime and the marelock. Its really one of those weapons that needs to be xp locked along with many others. New players need to grind for good weapons and play the game for once. Thats developers fault for not keeping up with mastery rank locks.

If its that much of a problem use other weapons stop crying about nerfs and buffs. All the op weapons in the game and you complain about sg. Hmm paris prime shouldnt be stronger than the vectis but eh. Logic aint an option right? Well when vectis gets an upgrade dont complain. Sg isnt doing opticore base damage, angstrum damage., plus if its doing more damage than your primary either you need to fix your build or you need to go back to the marelock. I consider weapons op when the dps is so high I kill a void vor 10 seconds after he spawns, that happens with the boltor prime and the marelock. Its really one of those weapons that needs to be xp locked along with many others. New players need to grind for good weapons and play the game for once. Thats developers fault for not keeping up with mastery rank locks.

Now, I'm going make a pretty bad assumption that you only have a PS4 account, yeah? If not, then skip this next line.

At Update 15, you don't even have Synoid gammacor, so ofcourse you can kill (void I assume) vor in ten seconds, because you physically can't use it.

Anyway, oh great and wise mod builder, tell me, how do I make my flux rifle deal three times as much and use a third of the ammo pickups?

What!? Are you serious? To get this weapon you need to play 2-3 weeks, thats not much, you dont need to do any special missions you just need to play the game

Two weeks at MR 14, if you don't have the credits to go up the last few ranks.

Nine days if you do.

Self reviving mechanic is flawed.

And DE will address them soon™

So please at the moment don't compare Santi, Vaykor and Telos self revive mechanic.

After that is gone, Synoid will still stand far above the crowd.

But before we go for another nerf Synoid thread, at least let's buff the damn Rakta please ? >.>

I try leveling it and it hurts me so much.

Edited by fatpig84