Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nullifier Needs No Nerf.

DotBeta

this is my major sticking point.

apparently cheeseframe (rhino/p / boltor/p/soma) aren't used ENOUGH. (/sarcasm)

switch the shield to be damage and not # of bullets.

the very existence of the shield also gives incentive to using rhino prime over utility frames.

either way, i like the idea of this unit, and in lower levels works well.

endless though... awful.

Preferably switch it to combination of damage and # of bullets. Yuo can either do a certain amount of damage or have shot a certain number of bullets to bring down the shield, whichever comes first. This would stop the damage scaling from going crazy like with heavies.

Preferably switch it to combination of damage and # of bullets. Yuo can either do a certain amount of damage or have shot a certain number of bullets to bring down the shield, whichever comes first. This would stop the damage scaling from going crazy like with heavies.

Yup hit cap and damage threshold.

i will admit that Spike Damage Weapons get a shorter end of the stick than Spray Cannons, and would be best to find a medium where all types of Weapons were about equally reduced in effectiveness so that the Shield was reliable for the Enemies as an assaulting method.

as long as we find a happy medium where all Archetypes of Weapons have moderate difficulty against the Shield, but not super 'easy' or super 'hard'.

giving the Enemy a unique Weapon would also be really desired.

the mechanics of the Enemy are very well designed, they give a tiny bit of challenge to the game. it's really a very small amount. but it's a lot compared to absolutely no challenge i guess. not that that really matters here.

Edited by taiiat

I havent played against it enough to form an opinion on him yet. But so far he seems like a ok addition to the Corpus.

OK, now I have and they definately need some tweaking, several times now I have encountered the bubbleman with 1 or 2 supra wielding corpus techs inside, as a squishy disarm Loki, all I can do at that point is bend over accept it and hope I have enough revives left to finish the mission....

Making Corpus more challenging is good, but the nullifier as he is right now is frustrating, not challenging or fun to play against.

I can only imaging this getting worse and worse where we need to do more and more special things to kill enemies. What if an enemy can only be killed by a finisher move? Or only headshot? 

Maybe Poison weakness only or only elemental weakness. All it does imo is make us as Tenno less powerful as time goes on and less special when the enemies have so many features to nullify powers and weapons. 

OK, now I have and they definately need some tweaking, several times now I have encountered the bubbleman with 1 or 2 supra wielding corpus techs inside, as a squishy disarm Loki, all I can do at that point is bend over accept it and hope I have enough revives left to finish the mission....

Making Corpus more challenging is good, but the nullifier as he is right now is frustrating, not challenging or fun to play against.

Eh that is why you go Rhino Prime with ze Boltor Prime / Future Soma Prime.

Anything else means you are scrub.

My problem with nullifiers is that powers are supposed to be a factor in Frame balance. Nova is squishy because she's a glass cannon, Loki is too because he can turn invisible, etc.

What nullifying powers does is tip the scales to the tanky frames' favor. It's the same problem we have in Archwing.

This kind of thing makes some frames more viable than others. It's not a good move.

So, on a lore standpoint, it only stretches it a small bit, but would show that the Corpus have been placing their knowledge of the Orokin to applicable use. 

Then I'd expect every single Corpus boss to get one of these bubbles soon.

Edited by The_Doc

Nullifiers are not "difficult" in any way. They just unse unfair, cheap mechanics that further handicap frames that rely on their powers more than others, and make weapons once again the go to response for everything in the game. I want them out, not because I find them too strong (they're really not) but because they make the game more bland, savorless and not fun. I understand that 4 spamming is an issue for some, but nullifiers are not a solution, they're just another problem on top of the first.

Edited by Marthrym

Then I'd expect every single Corpus boss to get one of these bubbles soon.

Well, maybe. 

Then again, those backpacks look quite heavy. And quite bulky to be used effectively. I mean, that Nullifier Crewman had to walk (and cannot duck or take cover, if I recall correctly) while wearing the backpack, which seems to infer that the backpack makes the wearer very less mobile. 

And not to mention: His shields are very weak too, so the backpack might be draining some of the shield's powers (then again, he has the same values as the Sniper Crewman, so there is that). 

Eh that is why you go Rhino Prime with ze Boltor Prime / Future Soma Prime.

Anything else means you are scrub.

Of course, stupid me... Rhino Prime, Boltor Prime and Brakk right, or playing ash and only pressing 4 repeatedly the whole mission also seems to be the proper way of playing this game.

Well, maybe. 

Then again, those backpacks look quite heavy. And quite bulky to be used effectively. I mean, that Nullifier Crewman had to walk (and cannot duck or take cover, if I recall correctly) while wearing the backpack, which seems to infer that the backpack makes the wearer very less mobile. 

And not to mention: His shields are very weak too, so the backpack might be draining some of the shield's powers (then again, he has the same values as the Sniper Crewman, so there is that). 

I don't know, it just feels like they'd have to make up a lot of crap to justify this kind of addition. It would feel like George Lucas making excuses for every inconsistency in SW :P

Maybe it doesn't break lore, but it's a serious game changer for it!

A lot more significant than the overhyped Fomorians.

Edited by The_Doc

I don't know, it just feels like they'd have to make up a lot of crap to justify this kind of addition. It would feel like George Lucas making excuses for every inconsistency in SW :P

Not too much, to be honest.

I mean, I heard more things from justifications of a defendant than justifications for the Nullifier Crewman, so there is that too. And besides, almost everything about the Nullfier Crewman can be supported with logic. 

Of course, stupid me... Rhino Prime, Boltor Prime and Brakk right, or playing ash and only pressing 4 repeatedly the whole mission also seems to be the proper way of playing this game.

No bro, ditch that brakk, It ain't top dog anymore !

You take the Synoid Gammacor which has over 40K DPS and it is a rapid fire beam weapon so dem shields melt like a hot knife through butter ! Gotta learn to play like the real pros bro !

Edited by fatpig84

No bro, ditch that brakk, It ain't top dog anymore !

You take the Synoid Gammacor which has over 40K DPS and it is a rapid fire beam weapon so dem shields melt like a hot knife through butter ! Gotta learn to play like the real pros bro !

Thank you sensei, your shining wisdom guides me through these dark times. I shall immediately fork out the necessary 500 plat to some greedy trader for the Synoid Grammacor.

Considering all of the threads regarding how difficult the new nullifier mob is I decided to make a thread stating he's perfectly balanced and needs no change aside from his current frame ability bug needing a fix. He was a welcome surprise when my clan first encountered him and he's a much needed class the corpus was lacking.

Once again his ability bug is what's making players complain most about him, he doesn't need a nerf.

They don't need a nerf at all, the people playing this game just wants their hands to be held. 

To negate the Tenno Powers is worst move they could do if they wanted to incentivate people into using different Warframes and companions, because now people will rely even more on the good 'ol Rhino\Rhino Prime and sentinels like Carrier.

forget Tenno powers i don't use them on half of the missions i go, but these bugged things punish all accuracy based weapons

no Snipers no Latrons no Sybaris no bows no crossbow no Vulkar no Lex/akLex/Lex Prime no Ballistica no Marelok the dam list continues.

they could as well remove all weapons but grataka and soma if thats what they wanted...

thinking again it may be a cheap way to make us buy the next prime fast...  which is god dam sad