Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Are Like A Fat Kid Spoiled By De And Now De Want Us To Exercise.

victor_victory

To be frank I don't see much difference between standing and coptering around be it sliding rolling running in enemy accuracy. It might be there but the difference is so small you might as well just stand RMB aim and shoot stuff and get same results.

You're just not moving fast enough yet.

I'm not trying to say this as some sort of elitist "git gud" thing, or anything of the sort, but moving fast has always had an impact on our survivability in a huge way in Warframe.  Or at least it has since I started back in November 2013.  I stopped equipping shield and health mods a long, long time ago due to their general irrelevance since by the time the enemy density is high enough to warrant extra defenses their damage is out of control.  To put it another way, by the time you are more likely to get hit, the enemies do such a large degree of damage that such defensive mods are effectively little help when it comes to survivability in the first place.

Foes have even become less accurate as of late, making things all the easier from that perspective.  Their new individual capabilities however is adding difficulty into the game in a good way though.  I never even lost all of my initial "bonus revives" yet on my Volt(6/4 currently) despite having had next to no experience at playing a shooter without a console controller prior to Warframe.  Though I already had specifically played Warframe on PS4 prior to playing it on PC, so it isn't like I was going in entirely blind.

Rambling aside, it's not entirely about movement speed though, direction is also key.  Moving in ways which prevent or at least drastically minimize the chances foes have of ever landing shots upon you.  Mobility is our strongest attribute, and always has been.

Edited by Bobtm

You're just not moving fast enough yet.

I'm not trying to say this as some sort of elitist "git gud" thing, or anything of the sort, but moving fast has always had an impact on our survivability in a huge way in Warframe.  Or at least it has since I started back in November 2013.  I stopped equipping shield and health mods a long, long time ago due to their general irrelevance since by the time the enemy density is high enough to warrant extra defenses their damage is out of control.  To put it another way, by the time you are more likely to get hit, the enemies do such a large degree of damage that such defensive mods are effectively little help when it comes to survivability in the first place.

Foes have even become less accurate as of late, making things all the easier from that perspective.  Their new individual capabilities however is adding difficulty into the game in a good way though.  I never even lost all of my initial "bonus revives" yet on my Volt(6/4 currently) despite having had next to no experience at playing a shooter without a console controller prior to Warframe.  Though I already had specifically played Warframe on PS4 prior to playing it on PC, so it isn't like I was going in entirely blind.

Rambling aside, it's not entirely about movement speed though, direction is also key.  Moving in ways which prevent or at least drastically minimize the chances foes have of ever landing shots upon you.  Mobility is our strongest attribute, and always has been.

I'm Mr14 tell me more about that moving fast. Of all the frames (and I mean all there are prime and non prime bar exca prime) I have maybe only volt would benefit from this.

I'm usually running and gunning myself. But as I said you can stand and one shot stuff with same results. You just you know need to L2Aim.

Edited by Xaturas

+1 for OP's analogy!

What I like about these new enemy mechanics is that it is starting to combine two games I love Warframe and Left4Dead.   You found a good spot to camp?  Think again, the Smoker has pulled you out of it, or your team has bunched up and are now covered with aggro-goo.

To be frank I don't see much difference between standing and coptering around be it sliding rolling running in enemy accuracy. It might be there but the difference is so small you might as well just stand RMB aim and shoot stuff and get same results.

There is a big difference. I constantly move around and i can see the difference as soon as I stop moving. That's why I have abilities like Natural Talent on frames like Limbo and Nekros because those  ability animations make you stationary for too long and it's a killer. Coptering around and strafing while shooting helps a lot with hit reduction. 

Oh and it's not just about moving fast but just using good positioning (in answer to your last post). Like I said, circle strafing while shooting helps a lot.

Edited by EetNotErn

I'm Mr14 tell me more about that moving fast. Of all the frames (and I mean all there are prime and non prime bar exca prime) I have maybe only volt would benefit from this.

I'm usually running and gunning myself. But as I said you can stand and one shot stuff with same results. You just you know need to L2Aim.

The underlined is purely false, otherwise I'd be dead all the time.  My aim is passable, it's not like I'm really that great but I generally can hit targets with a fair degree of reliability.  MR has nothing to do with this at all, so I'm not really sure why you've even brought it up though.  But since you were the one which brought it up, I hit MR15 quite a good few months ago :p

I simply know, for an absolute fact, that being mobile drastically reduces ones chances of being stricken.  That's not something that can be counterpointed, because it's true.  The end.

Any players MR has no bearing in this type of thing however.  It's purely about a player's playstle, number of items used is totally irrelevant.

FYI, the movement bonus against enemy accuracy is either bugged or hardly noticeable.

Nulifiers will be fine once they remove the bullet shield, gives snipers more incentive.

I also don't get the tar mutalist insta kill rage, i can usually see them fire way ahead of time, even with full-on chaos around my screen. I'd have to put in actual effort to get hit by them.

this. I dont even see this working, Im already mobile as it is because thts how ive always played but i swear these guys will still shred me even on my fastest frame with full maglev and Marathon.

If only there wouldn't be perma-knockdown from those ancients coupled with more perma-knockdown and the bad visibility from moas that pump enemy armor to immense levels. justsayin'.

They could have also thrown in a 1-shot kill unit in there to make it more challanging- i guess seekers do not count since the have the double-shot mechanism.