The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Up With The Stealth Patchs

Drewpk

the repercussion was that u only had 20% of your total life, if u get revived you have 100% of it, i think i t was reasonable      what i'd like to see was this being a feature added to the game and not relateed to a specific weapon, that's why i'm super ok with the fix, for now...

I'd say if they boost that to about 25% and then added in a system where it can be only used 3 times per mission, I'd say it would work fine.

Ok everyone calm their britches. 

First off, to attempt a pseudo-revolution wont solve anything. 

Secondly, the issue here is the mis-communication between DE and the playerbase when it comes to the patch notes NOT the weapon itself. To which I think DE does indeed need to focus a bit when writing the patch notes. 

Now as for the revive feature. We have a way of reviving ourselves already, and yet you guys want to keep the feature that immediately gets us back on our feet without any-form of repercussions? I remember my friend getting knocked down but then got back while using that weapon, sure it was useful but it made the revival feature as well as team-mates coming to save his ! completely null and void. You can have a rank 0 Mesa frame just revive herself every-time she went down without actually relying on her team to help her.

BUT in this weapon's case, the revival feature was not well implemented and it needs a system in place for it to have a repercussion upon using it.  

So yes, I do agree that the revival using weapons should be something in warframe (But with a repercussion upon using it.) and yes I do agree that DE needs to work on communication between them and the player-base.

What most of you fail to realize, which i think is a problem with not owning the weapon or actually experiencing the weapon, is that there is an internal cooldown on ALL of the weapon procs. You could not as you say go on a level 0 mesa and auto revive every time you go down.

There is no mis-communication. Period. they CHOSE not to put something in the patch notes. you do not just make a significant change that you know will effect your community and then roll it out silently.

There is no mis-communication. Period. they CHOSE not to put something in the patch notes. you do not just make a significant change that you know will effect your community and then roll it out silently.

Where's your evidence for this? Because all of this is just baseless claims and accusations towards DE.

a feature? come on it's too powerful and unfair to be a feature. essentially u cant die.(dont tell me u can still die, that's because u or ur teammates are stupid so u died)

its neither unfair or too powerful. I've extensively tested it in a tier 4 missions (which is/are supposed to be the hardest missions in the game) "you" can still die very easily, there is no invulnerability frames so if you get hit LITERALLY whilst "you" are reviving, "you" will go back down. It's not even OP, and in solo missions it wouldn't even work. So again please explain how "you" have to be stupid to die, or how "your" teammates are stupid for not being able to get that clutch revive off on a 2 hour survival? 

It was obviously a bug and not an intended feature. To deny that is just absurd.

If you want the revives post in feedback about it and some way to implement it. Or suggest a secondary weapon mod that functions the same, gain "x" amount of affinity and you get revived.

People still get downed? That's legit a thing, like, we can actually self-revive?

WHY HAS NO ONE TOLD ME! I need to get downed more often!

Seriousness time; Buddy, dude, friend-guy-person. Chill, your little revolution is as backwards as the bug that spawned it. Anything that makes this game more challenging is a good thing. We've had it way too easy for way too long, and now we're in this rut where if you can't one-shot a level 45 enemy, you're playing the game wrong.

That's asinine. That's more plaid than ludicrous. Ya' dig? Maybe I should just go back to Demon's Souls, but I've invested quite a bit into this game, and will continue to invest in it, because I believe in it. Not as much as Steve or Scott, but I like to think I care about this game pretty deeply. And while I'll admit that it's kinda silly that they didn't want to admit to patching out the bug, I can see their reasoning for it. 

That said, I do see the bigger picture here, and in the end, I believe that no change to anything should go unmentioned, and the DE needs to take their time to organize their patchnotes a little better, as well as be more upfront about bugs and their relevant changes. For example, this Vaylok debacle could have been easily avoided if they had mentioned that there was a bug present that could auto-revive, and that they were looking into fixing it, while then mentioning for players to enjoy it while they can.

It comes down to communication, in my mind. But like everyone else has said, and I'm going to say to you now (In a manner that may be construed as flaming...); Player smarter. If you're getting downed, learn from your mistakes, and vary your tactics, but also suck up and take whatever punishment the game gives you for it. Its not that hard, when you consider that I figured it out...

I'd like to see this returned as a real feature, if it was an intentional removal.

i'd like to see a pistol mod (maybe something like 30->60 point cost  to  make it a real decision to bring along)  that would allow you to rez every 10->1 minutes at 10->100% health at ranks 1->10 when you kill something with your pistol while down

Edited by ee3k

People still get downed? That's legit a thing, like, we can actually self-revive?

WHY HAS NO ONE TOLD ME! I need to get downed more often!

Seriousness time; Buddy, dude, friend-guy-person. Chill, your little revolution is as backwards as the bug that spawned it. Anything that makes this game more challenging is a good thing. We've had it way too easy for way too long, and now we're in this rut where if you can't one-shot a level 45 enemy, you're playing the game wrong.

That's asinine. That's more plaid than ludicrous. Ya' dig? Maybe I should just go back to Demon's Souls, but I've invested quite a bit into this game, and will continue to invest in it, because I believe in it. Not as much as Steve or Scott, but I like to think I care about this game pretty deeply. And while I'll admit that it's kinda silly that they didn't want to admit to patching out the bug, I can see their reasoning for it. 

That said, I do see the bigger picture here, and in the end, I believe that no change to anything should go unmentioned, and the DE needs to take their time to organize their patchnotes a little better, as well as be more upfront about bugs and their relevant changes. For example, this Vaylok debacle could have been easily avoided if they had mentioned that there was a bug present that could auto-revive, and that they were looking into fixing it, while then mentioning for players to enjoy it while they can.

It comes down to communication, in my mind. But like everyone else has said, and I'm going to say to you now (In a manner that may be construed as flaming...); Player smarter. If you're getting downed, learn from your mistakes, and vary your tactics, but also suck up and take whatever punishment the game gives you for it. Its not that hard, when you consider that I figured it out...

I have no idea how to even decipher this....post....

Don't see how the effect being "OP" is a con, if you don't like using it then just simply don't. If a squad mate is using it, hey look one less person to have to worry about reviving during the mission. Sure, it was extremely likely a bug, but if the community responds with positive/respectful/constructive feedback instead of just nonsensical yelling matches, DE may decide to bring it back. Thrashing on DE for doing their job fixing bugs will likely just result in bans instead of actual progress. You can yell at them all you like, but that doesn't mean you're going to get what you ask for.

One of the main issues about the Justice, Truth and Purity effects self-reviving users was that it made the other three effects look weak - Sequence, Entropy and Blight were incapable of self-revival since they did not restore health like the other three former effects, and therefore getting downed with a weapon that used the latter effects meant you didn't have the benefit of self-revival. Therefore, only mods and weapons from those three Syndicates - Steel Meridian, Arbiters of Hexis and New Loka - are seen as being "good" due to the revival effect. Syndicate Augment effects are balanced by the fact that all of them restore different parameters, provide different buffs, and deal different types of area damage, so suddenly having half of those effects have a completely unique mechanic that the other half doesn't have is obviously imbalanced, which considering the time and effort spent into going up with a Syndicate makes such a thing more important.

It also doesn't help that said revival effect pretty much nullifies the Revive Token mechanic - if you can revive yourself simply by downing yourself in a crowded enemy environment and then getting EXP, then the game just became a lot easier, and the Revive Tokens and teammates become completely meaningless.

Thus, even though it was fun for a while, I don't lament this necessary bug fix, and in fact rather saw it as a long time coming.