Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augments Are Becoming Little More Than A Bandaid

Vargras

You mean like how they buffed Excalibur using months worth of helpful and intuitive community feedback? 

The thing is, half of these new augments could've been added into the frames abilities outright, as they're pretty baseline. Some augments actually do add an interesting dynamic, like the Tesla Link mod, but most are just shore ups for what some abilities are lacking outright.

I agree DE are just making augments to buff abilitys instead of fixing them properly or they make useless ones like the one for freeze or they make ones for frames like lokis radial disarm which they give a mod that is now making it op but over frames get stupid ones. DE do the job properly of buffing frames not augments to fix the skill

It's as I have feared, DE is using the augments as a cheap way to fix the abilities, that way they don't have to do reworks. Mark my words, if this can continue, you can be sure that the next frame people want a rework for will not get a rework, but merely a set of augments to band aid their abilities.

I do not support this kind of thinking.

i agree with you sir, overall because they got rid of skills in loadout to "give us more space" and now they are taking it back with this augments!

consistency ftw.

Augments should be added into the skills panel and that's it!

Btw i expect at least 1 Augment for each and all the skills of all frames, no way it's not going to be like this.

I honestly don't see the logic in any of this now. First you give us all our abilities, and then you limit our customization of them by adding in augments that take up a mod slot. Most of these augments should've been already within these abilities from the get-go. Now they're adding them in as filler mods instead of giving them to these abilities.

Absolutely. After using a Forma on my ash when I had been running 'Smoke shadow' I completely forgot that it wasn't an innate property of the ability when it was equipped. It seemed so obvious. Many of the other augments behave in the same way, direct upgrades that aren't worth a slot and that should just be added to the base ability itself. 

Agreed. Mod augments need to change the play style of an ability, not enhance it. As it is now there are some that could have easily been buffs for the frames.

I'm not saying the augments couldn't do both. But, as they are now in this iteration, many of them are more so fixes that should be added in without having that mod, rather than enhancing and/or changing how they function.

OP is totally right. There's a few augments that should remain augments, but for the most part: These should be default and integrated with the frame. 

Perhaps you can use the augments to increase the stats. But to create them? No, they should already be there. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower