The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Trader And Player Trading

Deidaku

What do you guys think are gonna be the effects of the void trader on regular trading?

Imo I have no idea:

>will prices riss because the offers will go down ( because of the void trader)

> or the opposite since people would farm void missions even more to get ducats  , so rare ites would become more and more common?

I do think we'll see player stock dropping, but newer items will always fetch platinum, as well as the items used to progress in Syndicate ranks.

I imagine players will likely be making less platinum off of parts, though. It's possible we'll see a LOT more Core/Mod selling to compensate.

I was thinking about this earlier and I have no idea how it will affect trading. Trading is incredibly tedious, inefficient, and frustrating at best. Personally I don't think I'm going to even try to sell most of my stuff and instead give it to the void trader. Why bother wasting your time spamming when you can actually PLAY the game, trade in useless junk and get what you want?

Or you can't buy primeparts with ducats just some sigils or other usefull gear like specters.

I am assuming the stock will likely consist of consumables, cosmetics, and maybe the occasional rare blueprint.

I doubt we'll be purchasing any prime parts we get normally through drops. We'll have to wait and see, though.

I am assuming the stock will likely consist of consumables, cosmetics, and maybe the occasional rare blueprint.

I doubt we'll be purchasing any prime parts we get normally through drops. We'll have to wait and see, though.

I thought the entire point of adding the void trader was exactly that, lessen the rng and grind by trading in useless prime parts you have for prime parts you need/want. Isn't that what they said or am I wrong?

I thought the entire point of adding the void trader was exactly that, lessen the rng and grind by trading in useless prime parts you have for prime parts you need/want. Isn't that what they said or am I wrong?

I believe Sheldon had stated in the livestream they announced the feature in, that the vendor would have "exclusive" goods.

It is possible that I am remembering that incorrectly, though. 

I believe Sheldon had stated in the livestream they announced the feature in, that the vendor would have "exclusive" goods.

It is possible that I am remembering that incorrectly, though. 

I know they said he will have some exclusive stuff, but I thought that would have been in addition to the prime parts. With that said I think I just read it on the forums and heard it from other players, not officially, so I guess maybe that's not the case.

I know they said he will have some exclusive stuff, but I thought that would have been in addition to the prime parts. With that said I think I just read it on the forums and heard it from other players, not officially, so I guess maybe that's not the case.

Looked into it, the first batch has been datamined. Two primed mods, Eos Prime Chest piece, and the Mara Detron.

Seems consistent with exclusivity.

Excpect prices of several thousand ducats for a single item.

DE likes horrible numbers and odds. And grinding.

EDIT:

Saw the datamined content. Prices are quite fair, but you have to farm the prime parts nonetheless.

Edited by Grulos

Prime parts MAY go up by 100% or lose 100% worth in Plat.

Reasons:

Less parts available due to selling most of them for Ducats.

OR more parts available due to more farming for parts.

Imoo:

Some parts may get more expensive. Since no all parts are worth the same in Ducats.

Edited by Gucky-EGT-

Prime parts MAY go up by 100% or lose 100% worth in Plat.

Reasons:

Less parts available due to selling most of them for Ducats.

OR more parts available due to more farming for parts.

Imoo:

Some parts may get more expensive. Since no all parts are worth the same in Ducats.

I did say this in my clan chat but some people seemed to think it'd have little-to-no effect on prices. Still, like you, think otherwise.

Edited by Naith

Void Trader

Baro Ki’Teer is a man of rare and luxurious tastes, willing to trade a wide variety of his acquired goods in exchange for the unique items that Tenno often discover when traveling the Void.  While he is often in demand his appearance on a Relay is rare, heralded by Ducat Kiosks in the main Concourse.

• Players can trade in unused Prime parts for Orokin Ducats, the only currency that Baro Ki’Teer accepts.
  • Orokin Ducats can be traded to Baro Ki’Teer alongside a sum of credits for unique Mods, weapons, and cosmetic items.
  • Baro Ki’Teer’s presence on a Relay Station is random limited to only a few days.
  • Some of Baro Ki’Teer’s goods are tradable with other Tenno.

this is from the patch notes that people don't seem to read. he'll sell weapons, mods and cosmetics that are unique. meaning no prime parts like people wanted. so i highly doubt prices will change for anything

Edited by Llelouche

Void Trader

Baro Ki’Teer is a man of rare and luxurious tastes, willing to trade a wide variety of his acquired goods in exchange for the unique items that Tenno often discover when traveling the Void.  While he is often in demand his appearance on a Relay is rare, heralded by Ducat Kiosks in the main Concourse.

• Players can trade in unused Prime parts for Orokin Ducats, the only currency that Baro Ki’Teer accepts.
  •  
  • Orokin Ducats can be traded to Baro Ki’Teer alongside a sum of credits for unique Mods, weapons, and cosmetic items.
  •  
  • Baro Ki’Teer’s presence on a Relay Station is random limited to only a few days.
  •  
  • Some of Baro Ki’Teer’s goods are tradable with other Tenno.

this is from the patch notes that people don't seem to read. he'll sell weapons, mods and cosmetics that are unique. meaning no prime parts like people wanted. so i highly doubt prices will change for anything

You're also failing to read into the possibility of a higher remand for more/certain parts which have different ducat rewards. More ducats may naturally increase the platinum price.

I highly doubt your doubt.

Edited by Naith