Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma

Jahakarr

Beware of the wall of text! 

Ah the forma.. 

Well so basically i think that the crafting time for these things should be halfed or even chopped down even more.

A lot of weapons will require 4-6 of these things which means that if you don't want to spend any plat on either rushing or buying them from the market, you'll have to wait for 4-6 whole days. Which is a really long time to wait. And i know you know this DE, which is why you made it so long (money grind). 

However, when a casual-not so wealthy player starts investing time into this game, maybe he gets to rank 3-4, looks up a couple of videos and finds out that he'll have to forma to make his weapon more effective. Will he stick around? Then he also finds out that oh, he'll need a catalyst as well! And a reactor for his frame!?

I mean sure, you start with 50 untradeable plats, but thats just enough for catalyst + reactor. Aaaand let's be perfectly honest, new players don't even know what those are or what they're for. So naturally they spend it on a syndana. 

So they invest maybe 20 hours into the game, finds out that they'll have to forma, catalyst and reactor their stuffs if they ever want to get into higher tier missions, voids. 

This is insanely off-putting for any player. I only stuck around because my friends play(ed) it, then i found myself with 450 hours played, which keeps me around, i'm too invested at this point to quit, and i do so happen to actually like the game. 

However, we're talking about the casual player here, i don't think they'll stick around when they figure out just how badly they're going to have to grind OR spend a crap-ton of money buying all these things. 

The forma, also known to some as the poor mans catalyst. Is the most accessible of the three, blueprints drop. But it takes a whopping 24 hours to craft these bad boys. It's too long, having to wait 4-8 or some days, just to optimize a weapon? That's just not right. I think you should at least chop it down to 12 or even 8 hours.

Yes you will lose some profit in terms of people buying plats so that they can rush/buy formas, but i think you'll make it back in the shape of a bigger player base, it might take a while but they will come, and i think that a lot more of them will stay. And let's be honest, once they stay they spend at least some money on the game, right?

So what i think would happen, just from this tiny tweak, is that the player base would expand quite a bit, you might see players who has deemed the game as "too p2w" come back and give it another go.

New players will also see that they won't have to empty their bank accounts or divorce their wives so that they can progress at a decent rate. Pace is everything, and if you can't rush things, the game gets really boring extremely fast, especially in the beginning.

And let's be honest, a bigger playerbase = Happier players

Happier players = More sacrifices to the gods.. which = more profit.

It really doesn't help that DE keeps slapping innate D polarities in every single weapon ever..

Aaand that was my two cents, thanks for your time.

Edited by Jahakarr

Good idea, but let's be honest, they won't do that. What they SHOULD do is let us queue up more than one at a time. If i have 5 BPs, why can't I build them all at the same time? Either way, this should be done, as well as making the reactor and catalyst BPs drop a little more (maybe stick them in T4 keys?). All in all +1. you have my support.

Personally I've never forma'd a weapon more than three times (and that was one weapon, everything else is 1-2 at most) and I seem to get by just fine. I think calling 4-6 a requirement to make weapons viable is a bit of a stretch, unless we're talking 60 minutes into T3-T4 survival, which should be a hefty investment anyway.

As for a faster build time on them, I'm actually kinda neutral. I'm certainly not against building the things faster, but I'm not the kind of person to 4-forma-power-level a weapon by grinding Sechura, so I don't see the wait time as too unbearable either. So I'd give you a +1/2 if such a thing existed; not a major issue IMO, but I wouldn't mind it either.

Foundry Construction can still be equally fair but less clicky if you could say, queue up 24 Forma, and it would complete in 24x the time, but all would complete at once.

that's always going to be the fairest answer to 'omg so much clicky'.

You know, this is a fantastic idea. Even just queue them and they finish 1 at a time, or even get a small time bonus for crafting multiple at once if you wait out the whole duration (like 30 forma in 25 days or something)

Personally I've never forma'd a weapon more than three times (and that was one weapon, everything else is 1-2 at most) and I seem to get by just fine. I think calling 4-6 a requirement to make weapons viable is a bit of a stretch, unless we're talking 60 minutes into T3-T4 survival, which should be a hefty investment anyway.

As for a faster build time on them, I'm actually kinda neutral. I'm certainly not against building the things faster, but I'm not the kind of person to 4-forma-power-level a weapon by grinding Sechura, so I don't see the wait time as too unbearable either. So I'd give you a +1/2 if such a thing existed; not a major issue IMO, but I wouldn't mind it either.

Look at it from my perspective, i've stuffed 3-4 formas into almost all of my frames, 3-4 formad like 6 different secondaries, 3-8 formad 6 primaries and almost all of my melee's has 1-2 formas in them. And yes i do tend to play survival and defense.. exclusively. 

And it really doesn't help that DE keeps stuffing that damned D polarity on EVERY weapon ever! 

And also, like i stated in my original post, do look at it from a newcomers perspective as well. They would have to forma twice as many times (Because they would have no Catalyst), which would take your 3 formas up to 6-8.. 

Edited by Jahakarr

Foundry Construction can still be equally fair but less clicky if you could say, queue up 24 Forma, and it would complete in 24x the time, but all would complete at once.

This is a really good idea! +1

But i'm afraid that this will never happen, ever.. 

As i stated in my post, it's a company, they want to make money.. This would eliviate any desire to rush anything ever. 

But like i said, i would really like this, as would everyone. And if DE actually decided to do this then this game would become so much better.

Edited by Jahakarr

You know, this is a fantastic idea. Even just queue them and they finish 1 at a time, or even get a small time bonus for crafting multiple at once if you wait out the whole duration (like 30 forma in 25 days or something)

being able to craft things faster in bulk maybe perhaps could be a feature, however that would be changing the monetization model, and changing the way Warframe monetizes is harder to get implemented than something that only removes clicks, but leaves everything else the same due to multiplying build costs, time, and Rush costs to how many of a thing you want to build.

As i stated in my post, it's a company, they want to make money.. This would eliviate any desire to rush anything ever. 

i don't see how. if you told the Foundry to build 24 Forma, it will take 24 days to complete instead of one day. with 24x Rush cost.

but you get it all done at once without tons of clicky. it's a QoL improvement therefore without actually changing the monetization costs, therefore not changing the monetization model.

being able to craft things faster in bulk maybe perhaps could be a feature, however that would be changing the monetization model, and changing the way Warframe monetizes is harder to get implemented than something that only removes clicks, but leaves everything else the same due to multiplying build costs, time, and Rush costs to how many of a thing you want to build.

i don't see how. if you told the Foundry to build 24 Forma, it will take 24 days to complete instead of one day. with 24x Rush cost.

but you get it all done at once without tons of clicky. it's a QoL improvement therefore without actually changing the monetization costs, therefore not changing the monetization model.

Oh, i'm sorry, i misunderstood! I thought you meant that we could craft x24 simultaneously so that all of them finished in one day.

My bad!

Edited by Jahakarr

Honestly this is the only one that could work.

But DE will probably make it a foundry upgrade minigame before you can queue that many stuff :P