Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa's Peacemaker, Give It More Natural Animations

Seraphyx

The only thing that really bothers me about Mesa is how bad peacemaker currently looks because it's just literally jumping from one frame to another with no inbetweens.

Can you not add some for it to flow between poses more naturally? If there are actually frames inbetween each pose I honestly can't tell.

It would look so much better if it wasn't so jarring. I'm not asking for anything incredibly elaborate that will slow down peacemakers functionality. I know you guys are much better than this and I'm sure you could figure out a way to make this happen.

I thought the same when I first saw it, OP, but I've slowly come to realize how ridiculous it's supposed to look. Try not to take it too seriously tho. My only problem is the slight zoom out that happens when she initiates it, same with Volt's Speed, but eh.

I've been using it for a while now and it still bothers me because I know it could look so much cooler. To a certain extent it even feels very lazy. I don't think the animators were just plain lazy when it came down to doing it but it feels and looks that way.

Visually, excluding textures, animations are probably the biggest thing I look for in games and one of the things that could easily and very quickly ruin my enjoyment depending on how bad they are. Mesa's aren't BAD for peacemaker they're just... barely what I'd even consider a real animation. I'm not going to quit or stop playing her because of this but I would enjoy looking at it so much more if there was simply more to the transition from pose to pose.

If it was simply intended to look this bad then so be it I suppose.

Edited by Seraphyx

There's a specific movie that her ultimate is based off of. The jumping from frame to frame is derived from the cinematic shot of this movie. Lights flashing and gun poses changing as everything dies. I done know if I can name the movie, but it shares it's name with a rank 10 mod from Lephantis.

There's a specific movie that her ultimate is based off of. The jumping from frame to frame is derived from the cinematic shot of this movie. Lights flashing and gun poses changing as everything dies. I done know if I can name the movie, but it shares it's name with a rank 10 mod from Lephantis.

Equilibrium...?

Otherwise there aren't any 10 rank mod from lephantis

Yes.

Gun kata in theory:

Gun kata in action:

Probably one of my favorite movies actually. And yes it does look great in those but the difference is in the first video there is still animation going from pose to pose even when it speeds up drastically from 20 seconds onwards. The transitions still look smooth despite the speed.

In the second one the entire screen goes black between poses (or cuts away, or both sometimes) and THAT is what makes it such a cool scene imo. Your mind fills in the blanks. With Mesa's peacemaker animation it doesn't follow either of those really, and not nearly as satisfying to look at.

This is all obviously very subjective, I'm sure many people disagree with me too.

When I first read about Mesa and her powers I was stoked about the peacemaker ability.

I imagined it'd look something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/NmX7Hgd.gif

But sadly. I don't even.. Know what to say about it. It just looks rather shabby and unfinished.

Of course. If the devs indeed had the intention of referring to this equilibrium movie with this power, which I highly doubt, then.. Well. Huzzah; gotta love references. Ahem.