The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea: Players As Stalkers

garrett53

I think he meant "Players as Stalkers" as in a Dark Souls like Player invasion. Not as players actually controlling the Stalker.

That'd be weird wouldn't it? Why would Tenno hunt down other Tenno for the sport of it? I mean conclaves is an honorable duel and the conclaves are more or less the same.

Thematics aside, invasions work in Dark Souls because you can clean up the mess easily. Just get back to your soul pile, grab your stuff, and move on. Warframe on the other hand is a game that gives us 4 revives per day, and charges us plat for anything extra. Putting the dangers of that mechanic in the players' hands is recipe for utter disaster.

That'd be weird wouldn't it? Why would Tenno hunt down other Tenno for the sport of it? I mean conclaves is an honorable duel and the conclaves are more or less the same.

What if the player is sent by a Syndicate? For example i serve the Arbiters of Hexis, and you serve New Loka, and have negative standing with Arbiters. Then i would be able to enter your mission and try to PK you, if you have the "Syndicate Stalker PvP" button enabled. 

What if the player is sent by a Syndicate? For example i serve the Arbiters of Hexis, and you serve New Loka, and have negative standing with Arbiters. Then i would be able to enter your mission and try to PK you, if you have the "Syndicate Stalker PvP" button enabled. 

Eeeh still though, I mean the syndicates are more of like a college fraternity while the Lotus is the headmaster, we all still serve under her and we are still Tenno so it'd still be very odd from a Lore perspective. 

Eeeh still though, I mean the syndicates are more of like a college fraternity while the Lotus is the headmaster, we all still serve under her and we are still Tenno so it'd still be very odd from a Lore perspective. 

I don't think it would be too odd, take dark sectors for example. That isn't friendly Tenno combat, it's a battle for power and control against other Tenno.

Edited by SoulGem

I don't think it would be too odd, take dark sectors for example. That isn't friendly Tenno combat, it's a battle for power and control against other Tenno.

Yes, but they don't kill each other do they? They don't do it out of spite or anger for one another and they certainly don't kill each other for it.

This whuold be fun, as long its fair I also suggested something like this

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/364951-syndicates-dont-attack-there-followers/

See the problem with your idea Legion, is that it is just being a pure scumbag if the player decides to do that with a team-mate. It doesn't support teamplay in a game that is otherwise supposed to be all about teamplay. 

Yes, but they don't kill each other do they? They don't do it out of spite or anger for one another and they certainly don't kill each other for it.

Um what. Yea they do kill each other? What dark sectors are you talking about??? The point of dark sector pvp is to kill each other to have control of a node for resources or whatever. If anything it's worst than syndicates because you're murdering other Tenno out of pure greed and spite.

Um what. Yea they do kill each other? What dark sectors are you talking about??? The point of dark sector pvp is to kill each other to have control of a node for resources or whatever. If anything it's worst than syndicates because you're murdering other Tenno out of pure greed and spite.

Ok look, in the Solar Rail conflicts you always revive. You don't use revival tokens, you just revive. Therefore, they do not die. 

And secondly, no it isn't. If you play as a stalker then you are simply killing them for the joy of it as well as profitable gain. That is way worse than the Solar Rail conflicts. 

Ok look, in the Solar Rail conflicts you always revive. You don't use revival tokens, you just revive. Therefore, they do not die. 

And secondly, no it isn't. If you play as a stalker then you are simply killing them for the joy of it as well as profitable gain. That is way worse than the Solar Rail conflicts. 

Sir go reread some of the posts in this thread as well as the OP. He does NOT mean literally playing at THE "stalker". He means to allow players to be a syndicate assassin that can receive a random assassination mission to kill another player with matching conclave stats. As for dying and reviving it is a game mechanic, they still die. Dark sector conflict is worst because killing for material wealth isn't any better than killing out of opposing ideas. Besides DE could make it so the player that was killed doesn't use a revive when killed by a "syndicate stalker".

You immediately focused in on the word stalker and literally went blind to any other parts of the thread. There does not need to be profit involved, it doesn't have to be forced, and it would certainly make sense  for a syndicate to attack opposing syndicates since they already do it.

Edited by SoulGem

Sir go reread some of the posts in this thread as well as the OP. He does NOT mean literally playing at THE "stalker". He means to allow players to be a syndicate assassin that can receive a random assassination mission to kill another player with matching conclave stats. As for dying and reviving it is a game mechanic, they still die. Dark sector conflict is worst because killing for material wealth isn't any better than killing out of opposing ideas. Besides DE could make it so the player that was killed doesn't use a revive when killed by a "syndicate stalker".

You already know what I mean by playing as the stalker, so don't bring that up. 

This is the exact same thing as the "Play as the stalker to hunt down players". So yes, I can use the stalker as the example because it is the exact same thing

Wanna know something interesting? No matter who wins in the Solar Rail conflicts, the Tenno still are in control and support one another and they do not die in the same sense as if a stalker invaded a normal game.  

Also, that idea is downright horrid. It'd only lead to rage and frustration because they have no chance to continue if they fail. 

As has been stated, it's an oft mentioned idea...

I'd personally love to see something like this implemented but don't see it as a remote possibility.

There really is no way to implement this that would make thematic sense and/or wouldn't cause real enmity amongst players.

My idea a year or so ago was to allow the Top Ten conclavers for the previous month access to a Stalker mode where they could drive Stalker only having access to his powers and weapons and only hunting players that the game randomly sent them to.

It went over about as well as your post did, OP.

You already know what I mean by playing as the stalker, so don't bring that up. 

This is the exact same thing as the "Play as the stalker to hunt down players". So yes, I can use the stalker as the example because it is the exact same thing

Wanna know something interesting? No matter who wins in the Solar Rail conflicts, the Tenno still are in control and support one another and they do not die in the same sense as if a stalker invaded a normal game.  

Also, that idea is downright horrid. It'd only lead to rage and frustration because they have no chance to continue if they fail. 

You don't seem to be able to comprehend what i am typing. I honestly think you're blinded by some past event that involved some kind of pvp and for that i am sorry. That aside i'm going to do my best to explain to you how this could still work.

1. Syndicates exist and have opposing ideas with other syndicates that lead to conflict. They do not fight and kill for money and resource like in dark sectors.

2. There should/would be an option to toggle syndicate pvp on or off, with it's default state being off. So that no one will be a victim to unwanted pvp. If you turn this on, then you are acknowledging and accepting the consequence of potentially being a target of a player that belongs to a syndicate you are in negative standing with. Therefore you would have no right to complain if you turned it on and happened to be hunted and killed(or incapacitated since you insist killing in dark sectors is different).

3. Being killed by a syndicate player could have a daily limit or cooldown to prevent you from being killed several times a day. You could also not be attack by the same syndicate more than one time a day.

4. As for rewards and penalties. Should the attacker fail to kill you, he or she could lose a small amount of standing and you would be rewarded an equal amount of what they lost from your supporting syndicate. Should the attacker succeed, he or she would gain a small amount of standing and the person that died could lose an equal amount of what the attacker has gained to prevent abuse of farming standing off of a friend. OR there could simply be no rewards at all.

There you have it. I could probably think of more if i wanted to. with those rules NO ONE would be able to complain or rage as if they were forced to participate in unwanted pvp. You turn it on you accept and acknowledge the outcome. If you don't like it or don't want it, turn it off or never turn it on to begin with.

Issue number one, public games would die. What happens if one host is having "invade" option on, and rest of the party is on off? People are leveling their gear on Kiste, and poof, one of them is forgotten to set "invade" on off. Everyone is dead because some random Tenno decided to spawn with maxed gear.

Issue number two follows number one. What happens if one of them gets a mod that he/her is missing since forever and game fails because of invasion?

Issue number three. What about new players who are unlucky to be grouped with some random high MR "noob" who is PUG leveling on Mercury and Venus? They are losing their precious revives because of someones stupidity.

Issue number four. What about broken powers? Assassin spawns while you are using Ash and your Bladestorm is at full power in PvE. Is that Bladestorm doing full damage to spawned Assassin? How would game calculate proper damage for different targets?

Issue number five. Spawning. You spawn as Assassin and get some slight lag, you are dead.

This is one of the most reused ideas and their are millions of good reason why this shouldnt be in game. No matter how many people demand this, if DE wanted to implement something like this, we would have "Invasions" instead of Dark Sectors bullcrap.

Edited by RoboDoge

idk, there should just be a node for this mode

I thought that too once but then it would just seem like a reskin to dark sectors to me. I think having it in the options as something you can enable or disable would be pretty neat.

Issue number one, public games would die. What happens if one host is having "invade" option on, and rest of the party is on off? People are leveling their gear on Kiste, and poof, one of them is forgotten to set "invade" on off. Everyone is dead because some random Tenno decided to spawn with maxed gear.

Issue number two follows number one. What happens if one of them gets a mod that he/her is missing since forever and game fails because of invasion?

Issue number three. What about new players who are unlucky to be grouped with some random high MR "noob" who is PUG leveling on Mercury and Venus? They are losing their precious revives because of someones stupidity.

Issue number four. What about broken powers? Assassin spawns while you are using Ash and your Bladestorm is at full power in PvE. Is that Bladestorm doing full damage to spawned Assassin? How would game calculate proper damage for different targets?

Issue number five. Spawning. You spawn as Assassin and get some slight lag, you are dead.

This is one of the most reused ideas and their are millions of good reason why this shouldnt be in game. No matter how many people demand this, if DE wanted to implement something like this, we would have "Invasions" instead of Dark Sectors bullcrap.

All of these issue could be solved very easily.

Edited by SoulGem

You don't seem to be able to comprehend what i am typing. I honestly think you're blinded by some past event that involved some kind of pvp and for that i am sorry. That aside i'm going to do my best to explain to you how this could still work.

1. Syndicates exist and have opposing ideas with other syndicates that lead to conflict. They do not fight and kill for money and resource like in dark sectors.

2. There should/would be an option to toggle syndicate pvp on or off, with it's default state being off. So that no one will be a victim to unwanted pvp. If you turn this on, then you are acknowledging and accepting the consequence of potentially being a target of a player that belongs to a syndicate you are in negative standing with. Therefore you would have no right to complain if you turned it on and happened to be hunted and killed(or incapacitated since you insist killing in dark sectors is different).

3. Being killed by a syndicate player could have a daily limit or cooldown to prevent you from being killed several times a day. You could also not be attack by the same syndicate more than one time a day.

4. As for rewards and penalties. Should the attacker fail to kill you, he or she could lose a small amount of standing and you would be rewarded an equal amount of what they lost from your supporting syndicate. Should the attacker succeed, he or she would gain a small amount of standing and the person that died could lose an equal amount of what the attacker has gained to prevent abuse of farming standing off of a friend. OR there could simply be no rewards at all.

There you have it. I could probably think of more if i wanted to. with those rules NO ONE would be able to complain or rage as if they were forced to participate in unwanted pvp. You turn it on you accept and acknowledge the outcome. If you don't like it or don't want it, turn it off or never turn it on to begin with.

This guy is smart, hear him out

Also the ideas are wonderful soul, maybe you chuold add onto it?, maybe players who fail to attack, lose some money or so 

The answer always has been and always will be no.

stop asking.

The answer always has been and always be yes

Keep asking

FIXED

Your issues  are invalid and are bad, they can be solved easily 

Also the ideas are wonderful soul, maybe you chuold add onto it?, maybe players who fail to attack, lose some money or so 

Oh i covered that in number 4. I think losing some standing would be pretty good because the syndicate would lose a little faith in your abilities for the cause you're supporting, if you fail their assassination assignment.