Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mini Dojo: Personal Room In Hub

glyusone

So with social hub gone live, I also wonder whatelse we can do within HUB besides market/friendly PVP/events. 

And as i gazed through the large front window in my Liset I had a spark: how about a personal room in Hub which you can customize, adore, and invite friends over for views. 

Currently we can do this with Dojo, but that takes much resources and times. Why cant we simplify the same decorative functions and put it into HUB. 

Each player can rent a room in the hub, the more expensive, the bigger the room, and better views! (dibs on Earth ones). 

Once player rent the room, rental will be collected in the from of xxxxxxxx credits/ week. The better the room, higher the rent. 

Player can customize furnitures in the room, maybe even wallpaper and lighting. 

Player can invite others to the room with a max of 4 people in one player room (basically a squad). 

so, what you guys think? 

With millions of players, this would prove rather...problematic

I don't think it would, there's an online flash game called AdventureQuest worlds. Essentially it's a giant MMO that is playable on the site. It wasn't small either, this was a huge thing.

They had player houses that let them decorate it in whatever style they wanted. With every house map, it would make another specific area for it. So if they could do it, i think DE is more than capable of handling it.

Mainly because how do we decide who should get a room or not?

Maybe one of the NPCs could be related to housing? Where you'd need to pay rent for it or just buy it out for yourself.

Edited by TheErebus

It would be feasible/possible if there were a chokepoint that made the player select which player's room to open into. It wouldn't be too hard to rationalise such functionality. Call it a feature of Hub Modularity or something. 

I'd like to be able to do things like this. +1 Support.

I don't think it would, there's an online flash game called AdventureQuest worlds. Essentially it's a giant MMO that is playable on the site. It wasn't small either, this was a huge thing.

They had player houses that let them decorate it in whatever style they wanted. With every house map, it would make another specific area for it. So if they could do it, i think DE is more than capable of handling it.

Maybe one of the NPCs could be related to housing? Where you'd need to pay rent for it or just buy it out for yourself.

That would be a cool solution!

As long as we get sperate instances which are P2P like normal squads

I remember that game, best Website MMO in my opinion

Ahhh, this idea brings back memories of MH3.  I would love a personal room node in the hubs.

To those concerned on "how" it would essentially just take you to another "mission" in the room tileset that has access to the Relay chat.

Maybe we could get several "tiers" of rooms as well based on either rank or bought with plat (they ARE completely cosmetic and quite unnecessary for play)

With millions of players, this would prove rather...problematic

Mainly because how do we decide who should get a room or not?

Warframe already has the framework built for modular room construction. Wouldn't be hard to set up rooms to be automatically built as people "ordered" them.

Have a wing off the main hub. Each of these has a door leading to an instanced hallway which becomes one "district". This hallway can be lined with doors leading to each private room. New districts and rooms can be generated on the fly.

If DE's newly acquired servers that the hubs are hosted on can handle it, I guess why not?

Then again, the player ship pretty much seems to fill that niche. It feels kind of silly to put a major focus on implementing individual lodging into a space that's designed to be purely social. 

Warframe already has the framework built for modular room construction. Wouldn't be hard to set up rooms to be automatically built as people "ordered" them.

Have a wing off the main hub. Each of these has a door leading to an instanced hallway which becomes one "district". This hallway can be lined with doors leading to each private room. New districts and rooms can be generated on the fly.

You miss my point mate, if there are thosands of players, how big will the hubs / halways have to b to accomodate everyone?

I dont hat the idea, its the logistics that I believe could end up becoming a problem

You miss my point mate, if there are thosands of players, how big will the hubs / halways have to b to accomodate everyone?

I dont hat the idea, its the logistics that I believe could end up becoming a problem

I didn't miss your point. That's why I said to instance sections of it and divide it down into districts.

You sub-divide everything. You can fit as many people as the server can handle without people having to walk through a massive zone.

Main Hall A leads into District A, B, C, or D.

Each district has 8 doors off to the sides leading to halls with 10 players each.

You just created 320 rooms with only one main door at the hub.

6 of these Main Halls per floor(connected to a single large lobby-style room). Repeated across 10 floors. That's 19,000 rooms.

You buy a room. It tells you your room is: "On Floor 4. Hall A. District C. Room 4"

You hop on the elevator to floor 4. Walk into Main Hall A, head over to District C, walk down the hall to room #4.

Through the process of finding your room. You only will see a total of 19 doors. Out of 320. Easily low enough to not be overwhelming.

Plus, the fact that you can spread the housing across the many relays.

If someone wants to walk through the labyrinth of different halls, so what, let them. It's no different than real cities in that regard.

Edited by txzeenath

-snip-

See I didn't say it's impossible, when i say you miss the point, it is because your interpretation of what I said is that "No it shouldn't happen", when I simply said it would be problematic, which is why you are treating my previous statements as if I was completely against the idea and so detailedly explained why it can  happen.

If instances are the way to go, then that is nice, but it will take time and a lot of effort if the devs even consider this, let alone make it a reality.

See I didn't say it's impossible, when i say you miss the point, it is because your interpretation of what I said is that "No it shouldn't happen", when I simply said it would be problematic, which is why you are treating my previous statements as if I was completely against the idea and so detailedly explained why it can  happen.

If instances are the way to go, then that is nice, but it will take time and a lot of effort if the devs even consider this, let alone make it a reality.

I didn't say anything about you not wanting it to happen. You're creating context that isn't there. I'm simply opposing the idea that it would take a substantial amount of time or development. The game already has the code in place and the framework to handle it (see clan dojos and relays). So it would be a minimal amount of development time to adapt these functions for player rooms.

Now custom decorating the rooms, that's a whole different monster :-p

Just because someone on the internet opposes something you said, doesn't mean they are on the opposite side of the conversation.

Edited by txzeenath

I didn't say anything about you not wanting it to happen. You're creating context that isn't there. I'm simply opposing the idea that it would take a substantial amount of time or development. The game already has the code in place and the framework to handle it (see clan dojos and relays). So it would be a minimal amount of development time to adapt these functions for player rooms.

Just because someone on the internet opposes something you said, doesn't mean they are on the opposite side of the conversation.

Very well, perhaps I misunderstood your intention. Forgive my oversight.  

I feel our lisets are basically our "homes". I personally see no actual reason to give you something else to decorate. I feel it would be one more thing to plunge needless resources into. However I agree with the previous post, we could just make our lisets more customizable. It would be more appropriate to the "vagabond" feeling we get from a lot of the Warframe content.

I didn't miss your point. That's why I said to instance sections of it and divide it down into districts.

You sub-divide everything. You can fit as many people as the server can handle without people having to walk through a massive zone.

Main Hall A leads into District A, B, C, or D.

Each district has 8 doors off to the sides leading to halls with 10 players each.

You just created 320 rooms with only one main door at the hub.

6 of these Main Halls per floor(connected to a single large lobby-style room). Repeated across 10 floors. That's 19,000 rooms.

You buy a room. It tells you your room is: "On Floor 4. Hall A. District C. Room 4"

You hop on the elevator to floor 4. Walk into Main Hall A, head over to District C, walk down the hall to room #4.

Through the process of finding your room. You only will see a total of 19 doors. Out of 320. Easily low enough to not be overwhelming.

Plus, the fact that you can spread the housing across the many relays.

If someone wants to walk through the labyrinth of different halls, so what, let them. It's no different than real cities in that regard.

We would not need districts or anything that crazy, from what i understand you can only have 50 people at once on any given relay.

Or instead of worrying about districts, hallways, and the size hubs would have to be to accommodate players, we could just have a large room in the hub with teleporters which directly take you to your room and you can invite other players from there.