Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Up With These Ridiculous Ability Combos.

NickSheperd

DE, In tons of streams, you guys play your own game. But do you play it at all off screen? I'm assuming so, because from what I've seen most of you are pretty high on the mastery scale. So here's a question. When you play an infestation mission, and start getting swarmed by a ton of enemies, it's very difficult to target one specific monster. So, when you have passive energy drain mobs that suck out all of your energy, forcing you to rely on weapon damage, then, an elite spawns who gives a passive aura to all nearby enemies that reduces the damage they take by like 90%. So, you're literally inept when trying to kill the mobs or clear a mission. Stuff like this is really frustrating, it's not fun. Do you guys not feel the same way? Does it not frustrate you fighting a mass of mobs, being unable to kill anything? : / 

This guy is right.... even if my main problems are the control.

We definitely need something like a "warrior will" passiv that protect from control after geting 1 or 2 in the face.

Since the update, when i play against infected i just get hooked right into some goo dealing ton of damage and slowing me so hard i can't get up, then i get hooked again, then i get knocked down by some MOA missiles, then hook again etc etc... all this with some weird gas making me blind and someone totally sucking my energy.

We really need the infected to be nerfed, or as i said, a passiv that imune you from control after geting hard control in the face.

Or a support warframe that can imune his teamate to control.

So far the only warframe imune to CC are rhino with his iron skin, trinity with her link (and she still get knockback from things like flame wave) and hydroid with his new augment.

Infected are now totally LAME to play against, the only way to beat them now is to play nova/vauban and spamming 4.... very intertaining.

(also i'd like to know why the MOA can knock us back with his stomp while he is ragdolling in vauban's vortex)

They have too much CC and we have nothing to fight this back...

This guy is right.... even if my main problems are the control.

We definitely need something like a "warrior will" passiv that protect from control after geting 1 or 2 in the face.

Since the update, when i play against infected i just get hooked right into some goo dealing ton of damage and slowing me so hard i can't get up, then i get hooked again, then i get knocked down by some MOA missiles, then hook again etc etc... all this with some weird gas making me blind and someone totally sucking my energy.

We really need the infected to be nerfed, or as i said, a passiv that imune you from control after geting hard control in the face.

Or a support warframe that can imune his teamate to control.

So far the only warframe imune to CC are rhino with his iron skin, trinity with her link (and she still get knockback from things like flame wave) and hydroid with his new augment.

Infected are now totally LAME to play against, the only way to beat them now is to play nova/vauban and spamming 4.... very intertaining.

(also i'd like to know why the MOA can knock us back with his stomp while he is ragdolling in vauban's vortex)

They have too much CC and we have nothing to fight this back...

This just sounds like a case of "git gud". The infested are very simple enemies, the only issue are the Tar Moas. Everything else is a just a simple case of keep moving and bring your heavy gear to get rid of the crowds.

Not when they are coming at you with great numbers.

If you're dealing with infested whether it's survival or defense we can no longer sit on our asses and kill them at a choke point. Killing those ancients for me is still top priorities, while they're still scattered and far. Tar MOA is not a threat if you put on anti radiation mod. Anyway my frame load out is defense oriented. And I kill with my weapons.

I have a hard time in ODD, they now come in 6 direction.

I've been playing this game for a long time, and seen it go through many changes. This game really doesn't take a ton of skill. "Git gud" really doesn't apply because the only real way of "gitting guud" is to get better gear. And I have decent gear. But when I'm getting swarmed by fifty units and getting tossed around the room like a ragdoll even with iron skin which only lasts 30 seconds against higher damage mobs, it's really difficult to focus on one mob when the room is packed, even more so when you're getting slowed and grabbed like the guy above said. I believe these are valid concerns, and other people seem to be having them. I just hope DE will notice this thread and others like it and consider appropriate nerfs/buffs/changes. 

Also, like I said. The underlying issue here is the combination of energy drainers and damage reduction auras. When used in tandom, which is guaranteed at higher levels and more spawn numbers, it's just ludicrously difficult to kill anything, period. 

Edited by NickSheperd

This was previously a major concern from the devs back in damage 1.0 times. They removed most of the infested's knockdowns and knockbacks because they said the general player base thought it was no fun. Now what have they done? Put us all in the exact same scenario. History repeats itself when you do not learn from your mistakes. I think the moas should get one ability or the other, have some spit and some stomp but not both. In addition they honestly need to remove auras or better yet shorten their range dramatically to allow players counterplay other than just kill it all immediately! You should be able to leave the area of effect in some way other than being halfway across the map. That provides no opportunity to counter the mechanic. In addition they should just make healers HEAL not provide a massive damage reduction, that is just ignorant when you think about scaling late game. That single aura alone is an automatic win button for the enemy at one point or another later on in survival or defense. Put it this way as perspective, it is like having a permanent Trinity blessing cast from 2% health.