Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replace The Ammo Quantity Math Of The Kohm,with That Of The Quanta

GunDownGrace

the quanta seperates each individual unit of ammo into many fractionals of ammo (like having a fire rate of more than 1 a second,yet in practise only consuming one a second without mods)

so it makes me think,with modding most things about the kohm can be altered/fixed,except for the ammo problem...why not take that snippet of ammo mechanics from the quanta,specifically the fractiuonal ammo,and give it to the kohm?this way even when it spools up it woudnt consume so much ammo,and it makes sense seeing as the kohm fires plasma instead of normal rounds (taken directly from the description of course,plasma is still an energy weapon type thing)

Or we could go for that battery concept for energy weapons people have been asking for since time immemorial. But this sounds good too. In my use of the Kohm, I feel like it'd be a great gun if not for the initial really poor damage (only an issue to me because of the 500 Oxium requirement) and the ammo consumption (you go through it at such an insanely fast rate that once you hit 0, good luck getting a full clip without using your secondary for eons or having ammo restores or having a Nekros in the party or having Shotgun Ammo Mutation on). I like the concept of a Minigun/Shotgun, because I've never heard of one in a game before, and as such this gun has much promise in my opinion. It just needs some tweaks.

Good thing they've said shotguns are on the radar for being looked at for possible buffs.

I'm more concerned about the big lack of damage from this weapon rather than the ammo.

If the weapon deal more damage we need less ammo, and i kinda feel like i wasted 500 oxium for now :p

Maybe the incoming "boost of all shotgun" we are waiting since... forever, will fix that. If it comes one day.

somewhat i think DE have a small tradition of release new content that touch the current mechanic problem in the game to force the mechanic team to rework the system (and i think i saw this pattern quite often in the game). So let's hope that this time it's a real hint on a big change on both of the problem Kohm represent this time: Shotgun and Ammo consumption(that imbalance on lots of weap).

Oh and to back up for the new content boost mechanic opinion of mine, u guys could think about when they release Scindo P.  Short after the Nyx  P access out, they buff the heavy melee stats, change the animation and solve the copter issue with directional melee.