The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De The Soma Prime Having A Mr Lock Of 0 Is Bs!

Halisi

Seriously. Whoever is in charge of this isn't familiar with the concept of consistency. It's almost like they just took a bag with weapon names in it, and a bag with mastery ratings in it, and drew 'em out at random. 

how Mastery Requirements and a lot of stats seem to be decided upon:

1316.jpg

Edit:

by the way, the Soma series doesn't need any increases for Crit Stats.

if anything, it should have more Physical Damage, and have it's Crit Stats trimmed down.

Edited by taiiat

Money. Money is the excuse for this.

That's P2W. You're treating paying customers different than freemium customers.

Triple faceplam. Treating paying customers differenly/better is the right thing to do. It becomes pay to win when paying customers can get something not purely cosmetic that freemium customer will NEVER get. Anyone can farm Soma Prime, even if they paid nothing.

You know what is ok? When money buys stuff that you have to farm for a week or a month otherwise, or meet some kind of gameplay requirement otherwise. As long as stuff that you can buy is not permanently exclusive to paying customers.

Speaking of crit chance, they should have given it 45% crit chance and lowered damage so that DPS would be exactly same as it is now, but all shots would be crits. Yes, that doesn't actually change anything but it would feel right.

PvE matters?

Ok

Wheres that one hit kill everything on the map life support dropping full heal gun cause its a PvE game that doesnt need to be properly balanced

What a joke

Amprex has a limited range and some of the lowest ammo efficiency to balance it out

I dont know if you can math at all but 45% critical is not "a bit more DPS" in the slightest

Seriously though, where is that gun?

I don't trivialize content fast enough with all my one-shotting weapons!

You know what is ok? When money buys stuff that you have to farm for a week or a month otherwise, or meet some kind of gameplay requirement otherwise. As long as stuff that you can buy is not permanently exclusive to paying customers.

I disagree completely. Loot is the object of desire in this game. Loot is win. If player A can spend $50 and unlock Soma Prime at MR0, then player B should be able to also unlock Soma Prime at MR0.

If freemium player B cannot unlock the same weapon at the same time as paying player A, then player A is paying to win this game. Loot is win.

I disagree completely. Loot is the object of desire in this game. Loot is win. If player A can spend $50 and unlock Soma Prime at MR0, then player B should be able to also unlock Soma Prime at MR0.

If freemium player B cannot unlock the same weapon at the same time as paying player A, then player A is paying to win this game. Loot is win.

At MR0 and never spending money, you can get the same weapon, the Soma Prime. You just have to work harder for it. What's stopping you?

This is ridiculous the Soma Prime is a direct upgrade to the Soma yet it has (mr0) vs (mr6), there is no excuse for this. If you're worried about people who buy the PA not being able to use it there needs to be an exception added for them... or you could make it clear on the page that it's mastery locked and treat them the same as any other player... either way mr0 is unacceptable! This was a prime opportunity (pun intended) to make a really powerful weapon and  give it a proper mr lock so that people finally have a good reason to go past mr8, the power creep would be irrelevant because it has to be earned. I'm also disappointed that it hasn't gotten any crit related buffs... where's our red crits man?

This post is worded harshly but no malice is intended on my end I'm just very disappointed in this decision when it could have been handled better. 

I don't even know why DE bothers with the mastery rank anymore. If they were worried about the mastery rank for the prime access, than make the prime access come with some special pass that allows the player to bypass the mastery rank since they're paying a decent chunk of money for it anyway. Make the one that you have to farm and craft in the game the mastery ranked one. It's really not a hard solution to solve but DE is just proving that the mastery rank doesn't really mean anything to them.

Seriously though, where is that gun?

I don't trivialize content fast enough with all my one-shotting weapons!

Its being spoonfed to DE as a good idea now

Best part is its MR 0 and only 175 plat to buy on the market or common resources with a 6 hour build time!