The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma's Building Time Should Be Reduced

Icebreccer

It's ridiculous that it takes a whopping 24 hours to build a single Forma. There are lots of weapons that need Forma in order to craft them. There are dojo rooms which require Forma to build. There are frames that you want to polarize. There are weapons you want to polarize. There are companions that you want to polarize. There are Syndicate that require Forma in order to gain the next title.

Seriously there are just way too many things in which you can shove your Forma into. And taking a whopping whole day to craft one is ridiculous. I haven't touched my dojo for a long time since I have so many new toys that I want to polarize and having few extra Forma's in inventory just in case is never a bad thing.

So what I propose is to reduce Forma's crafting time to at least 12 hours. That way I could at least produce two per day.

Edited by Judqment8

It's ridiculous that it takes a whopping 24 hours to build a single Forma. There are lots of weapons that need Forma in order to craft them. There are dojo rooms which require Forma to build. There are frames that you want to polarize. There are weapons you want to polarize. There are companions that you want to polarize. There are Syndicate that require Forma in order to gain the next title.

Seriously there are just way too many things in which you can shove your Forma into. And taking a whopping whole day to craft one is ridiculous. I haven't touched my dojo for a long time since I have so many new toys that I want to polarize and having few extra Forma's in inventory just in case is never a bad thing.

So what I propose is to reduce Forma's crafting time to at least 12 hours. That way I could at least produce two per day.

OR maybe they should let us stack build things like Forma

I second this motion.  Heck, at one point I stayed out of the void and basically did nothing in Warframe but build Formas to empty my inventory....it took me 2 months, and I only played smatterings of the game during that point in time (mainly getting resources to be able to build them again).  Having that 24 hour wait time is killer when you've got 10+ blueprints waiting in your inventory.

OR maybe they should let us stack build things like Forma

Yes please....freaking yes.

Edited by Nemorac

While I would be all for this change (23 or 24 forma blueprints at the moment), it would not make sense for DE to make this change.  People would no longer need to rush build them.

Just have some patience and do it slowly over time, level up some guns from the market in the meantime.

If you are not patient you can farm for full forma now.  I have seen them drop in T3E as a reward or you can go hunting for rare/reinforced void containers.  Those drop full forma all the time from the ones I've seen (about 5 of them).  As a last resort you can rush it for platinum in the foundry.

And two/three/six/twelve months from now people will be asking for it to take 8 hours. Then ask the "rush cost" be made 5 Plat. Stops where exactly?

Why would DE is give in to "player creep"?

At 75% discounts it's $14 for 60 Forma or "2 months of building time". Do you seriously think they would mess that formula just because kids get impatient?

And two/three/six/twelve months from now people will be asking for it to take 8 hours. Then ask the "rush cost" be made 5 Plat. Stops where exactly?

At 75% discounts it's $14 for 60 Forma or "2 months of building time". Do you seriously think they would mess that formula just because kids get impatient?

You seriously think people rush a forma?

You seriously think people rush a forma?

Would they rush it if it cost 2 plat? 1 plat? The point is that people just keep asking for things to get "better" regardless of how good they are already, and this is one example.

So sorry you run so many missions that you have 100 Forma BP's, but the game model is NOT centered around YOU. It is centered around the fact that 1 day per Forma is plenty for most people.

Would they rush it if it cost 2 plat? 1 plat? The point is that people just keep asking for things to get "better" regardless of how good they are already, and this is one example.

So sorry you run so many missions that you have 100 Forma BP's, but the game model is NOT centered around YOU. It is centered around the fact that 1 day per Forma is plenty for most people.

Lol you're so crotchety, you might need glasses to old guy as I never stated that I wanted the game to cater to me.

I do have quite a few Forma BPs. Hell it'd be nice for DE to allow me to sell them for ducats since they're just going to waste here.

Foundry Construction can still be equally fair but less clicky if you could say, queue up 24 Forma, and it would complete in 24x the time, but all would complete at once.

that's always going to be the fairest answer to 'omg so much clicky'.

also, to be clear, if you build 24 Forma in bulk, that's 24x crafting costs, 24x time to build, 24x Rush cost.

a linear increase like that doesn't change the monetization model at all, just reduces the clicky somewhat.

that's a much more likely option for Digital Extremes to say yes to, because it's a win-win for the Players, but a neutral for Digital Extremes.

Let us make forma/potatoes in bulk.

1 = 12hrs

2 = 22hrs

3 = 33hrs

4 = 44hrs

So basicly if you build 10 formas/potatoes at once, you'll save a total 10 hous.

Thats a lot of time.

And for bulk rush, increase 1 plat per stack. Just like the time. So its 10 extra plat for rushing 10 formas/potatoes.

Why would you rush build a forma at the current price? I think the only time I would is probably while finishing the mastery grind with the weapons that require a forma, but even then. 10p vs 20p, it's like 25c vs 50c, and one doesn't use materials.

I do agree. I need like 8-9 forma for frames right now, I need one to finish my opticor, I need 1 to finish synoid gammacore, I need a few for soma prime, I'd like to blow a few on paris prime or dread. I need like 8-9 to craft stuff, and I have 40+ bps. It's going to take ages to build all of the forma. I'll probably forget to login for a year again or something while waiting on them to build.

Edited by Watlok

And here is the guy who likes to just disagree to every topic he sees. Please stop calling people kids just because they have a propose to make.

So what? This is a FEEDBACK section where I'm allowed to post MY feedback about stuff in game. If you don't like my feedback then fine, but no need to come here and post useless things like "game not centered around YOU". I know it isn't, but players are free to give their feedback.

Don't you know that if an idea gets enough support then perhaps DE might take it into consideration?

Lol you're so crotchety, you might need glasses to old guy as I never stated that I wanted the game to cater to me.

I do have quite a few Forma BPs. Hell it'd be nice for DE to allow me to sell them for ducats since they're just going to waste here.

I have 7 Detrons I can build, around 6 Glaive BP's and 4 Gorgon BP's.

They are a waste NOW because you are much further into the game then the average person. so basically, you ARE asking to be treated special, simply because you have manage to invest more time into this game then others.

"reduce Forma Building time because I have so many" is just moving the goalposts to a new spot, and then someone will come along with 200 Forma and ask for them to be moved again.

Still a big fat no from me. To build them, you must obviously also have ~60 Neural Sensors, ~60 Orikin Cells, and ~60 Neurodes, otherwise there would be no point, and if you have that many, you are a minority.

They are a waste NOW because you are much further into the game then the average person. so basically, you ARE asking to be treated special, simply because you have manage to invest more time into this game then others.

"reduce Forma Building time because I have so many" is just moving the goalposts to a new spot, and then someone will come along with 200 Forma and ask for them to be moved again.

Still a big fat no from me. To build them, you must obviously also have ~60 Neural Sensors, ~60 Orikin Cells, and ~60 Neurodes, otherwise there would be no point, and if you have that many, you are a minority.

lol. Seriously all I'm asking is a fair chance to produce two Formas per day. I'm not going for ridiculous mass production.

12 hours is reasonable for pretty much anyone who is playing the game. Doesn't matter if you have 200 or just 3 blueprints in your inventory. Besides this whole topic was about the game needing Forma in so many places. Not about me having lots of "useless" Forma in my inventory.

Your attitude reminds me of my Grandfather though he had the brains to understand the fact he had an attitude. 

Again you don't seem to see well. I'd suggest some glasses on them eyes. Anyway what I said in the last post is if DE can't shorten the build time then at least let me sell unwanted forma BPs for Ducats since it is technically a prime item. I'd hate to horde so many and not use them. That's wasteful.