Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So How The Heck Do You Get Medallions Out Of This Gunk?

Grenneloch

Question

http://s2.postimg.org/5w7dekdc9/2014_12_15_00001.jpg

There lies the problem. It's on the Ceres shipyard tilesets. As soon as you get partway into the toxic gunk, it just automatically teleports you back out. So any cabinets are unable to be accessed, and ya sure as heck can't pick the medallion up. I know there has to be SOME way to drain the gunk, but I just can't figure it out. There IS a panel in that room by the door, but it looks like it's just for alarm/lockdown canceling.

11 answers to this question

ive been trying to find the room to figure it out. ive had no such luck finding it, or rather ive been so lucky that all my medallions never spawn in it.

there probably is a way to drain it, but until i get a chance to actually wander the room myself, your guess is as good as mine.

Simply put, you can't, and trying can have some serious consequences. I ran into the same problem yesterday and figured that maybe if you jump on top of it and mash X then maybe I would get it. I ended up rooted in place and had to quit the mission. It's just a problem with the medallion spawn locations and it needs to be fixed.

*coughcarriercough*

You are aware you have to pick badges manually right?

In any case, yeah I've noticed that myself as well, I was going to make my own post about it but you beat me to it OP. This also happens in another section behind a broken down wagon where the gunk at the end just glitches out and remains invisible but it is still physically there.

Edited by RahuStalker

I've gotten this one, and all my teammates too.

If you slide into the gunk, it takes an extra second to teleport you out. So sliding in and mashing X works, just takes a few attempts.

But yeah, it feels like a bug. Or at least it's overly complex.

Simply put, you can't, and trying can have some serious consequences. I ran into the same problem yesterday and figured that maybe if you jump on top of it and mash X then maybe I would get it. I ended up rooted in place and had to quit the mission. It's just a problem with the medallion spawn locations and it needs to be fixed.

Yea, had that happen already. Rather irked me too cause the medal before was one of the 5k ones. XD

If you slide into the gunk, it takes an extra second to teleport you out. So sliding in and mashing X works, just takes a few attempts.

Huh; will have to give that a shot! Definitely worth a try. Even so, here's to hoping it gets hotfixed somehow.

Have you looked around this room and outside this room for a console (hidden, revealed after blasting an exploding container and not shown in radar)?

I asked because once, i encountered in an infested map, a medallion in a hidden room.

This room is revealed only after i blasted a container for revealing a hackable console. By hacking the console, the hidden room showed up with another enigma ...

EDIT:

This console was in room next.

Edited by Kaminaught

That happened to me too :(. At least I got the one medallion

Edited by CitizenV

Tried that, ended being stuck like in excavation pickup bug.